• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Oxycodone sucks

I think oxycodone is nice but it lasts 3 hours for me, start to finish. When redosing, I need more to get the same effects and I need a lot in order to get high, which probably isn't a good thing to get in the habit of; swallowing a liquid would feel safer than swallowing loads of pills

I haven't tried hydromorphone but by the sound of it it's quite good except that it also has an ultra-short half life, unlike morphine which of course is amazing and has staying power. I could take morphine once a day and be good

Oxy does suck. After 2 weeks of taking them all you do is sleep and have painful shits. I’m on day 1 of quitting them. They are expensive and overrated. But still, if your doing an opiate oxy is one of the cleanest to come off on. 3 days it’s over.

I love oxy. But there are certain times when it will do the same thing to me and cause nausea and discomfort. It’s usually when I haven’t had it in a while and I do too much on the first dose. Then it causes nausea and I feel shItty for a couple hours. When I haven’t done any in a while I usually start with a small dose like 10 mg and then increase it once it’s in my system. Then I feel Fucking amazing...
I don’t know I been doing it pretty much solid for 6 months and a ten still gets me nausea and lightheadedness

I don't think it sucks but it's definitely overpriced on the black market. I've only done it a few times but I didn't enjoy it as much as morphine.

Still want to try oxymorphone though.

Dude, Dilaudid! Hydromorphone!
Yesss. Dillies are my jam.
Heroin was hard to come by when i lived in Winnipeg, but hydromorphone was easy to find so I just did that instead.
Now i stick to dillies or morphine here in Vancouver because all the "H" is just fentanyl cut with caffeine and benzos and shit. Im really caffeine sensitive so i cant slam that stuff, it puts me into almost an instant panic attack. Plus, when you get pills you at least know whats in it when its someones prescription. So yeah dillies have been my go-to opiate to IV.
I wish i could get my hands on some actual heroin. Ive only had it a couple times.
But since heroin metabolizes into morphine, so i go for morphine sometimes. But then its those beads that are a pain in the ass to crush, and when youre sick you want the fastest route, so i usually just get the dillies because theyre really easy peasy to crush.

Yesss. Dillies are my jam.
Heroin was hard to come by when i lived in Winnipeg, but hydromorphone was easy to find so I just did that instead.
Now i stick to dillies or morphine here in Vancouver because all the "H" is just fentanyl cut with caffeine and benzos and shit. Im really caffeine sensitive so i cant slam that stuff, it puts me into almost an instant panic attack. Plus, when you get pills you at least know whats in it when its someones prescription. So yeah dillies have been my go-to opiate to IV.
I wish i could get my hands on some actual heroin. Ive only had it a couple times.
But since heroin metabolizes into morphine, so i go for morphine sometimes. But then its those beads that are a pain in the ass to crush, and when youre sick you want the fastest route, so i usually just get the dillies because theyre really easy peasy to crush.
howdy former winnipeg/current bc resident! im from there and here now too! hydros and dillies in winnipeg yup. and lots of those green fake 80's. hydros were always my fave but you need a place to be so you can take the time to crush them stubborn beads up. all good things take a bit of effort though

howdy former winnipeg/current bc resident! im from there and here now too! hydros and dillies in winnipeg yup. and lots of those green fake 80's. hydros were always my fave but you need a place to be so you can take the time to crush them stubborn beads up. all good things take a bit of effort though
Hayyyy! Cool! Ive noticed theres a lot of Winnipeggers here in Van. I mean, i dont blame em. I had to gtfo of there. I was getting really heavy into slamming meth and was in psychosis a lot. So long story short i ended up in Vancouver to get clean. Yes i know it sounds silly because of how easy access dope is over here, but theres also a hell of a lot better health system out here, especially for addictions. So i was easily able to get on methadone, but while back in winnipeg they told me my drug test came back negative and refused to retest me. They said they sent it to a lab for a second test and it still came back negative, so they refused to help me. (This was OATS on Main st in wpg by the way). I think they were lying to me because i had just used fentanyl and clonazepam less than 24hrs prior, so it would have still been in my system. But neither of them showed up. I told them it was a faulty test and they refused to retest me. So i think they never even sent it to a lab tbh.

But as soon as i had a relapse in Vancouver (i was a couple weeks clean when i got here) and wanted some help, they helped me right away and were fo nice and friendly. In Wpg it felt like i was being looked down upon. Like i was just junkie scum. Out here it feels like they care more. Im so happy i moved.

Currently eating a UGM breakfast. :) free food is great. Ugm hooks it up

@dav88

This post sounds exactly how I sounded after trying morphine (slow release tablet form) for first few times. I took it for pain but I expected more enjoyable experience. Little later I started do "dig" the morphine and, in retrospect, I sure would like I did not.
Similar thing happened when year or so later I first tryed oxycodone. I was not impressed. Unfortunately, it turned out that oxycodone was the most enjoyable opioid for me and it was way harder for me to control intake of oxycodone than morphine. Oxycodone has that high energy kick and it leaves me more productive than morphine.
I have experienced several opioids (morphine, codeine, oxycodone, methadone, buprenorphine, tapentadol, tramadol, kratom) and oxycodone was by far most addicting for me. I have used opioids for pain but ended up on methadone for few months and then buprenorphine for another 3 years. I have stopped taking opioids a year ago and am very proud I have managed to do it.

Moral of the story - opioids can deceive a person in the begining due to their side effects (like nausea, vomiting, headache from dehydration...) and it is playing with fire if one doesn't need them for physical pain. It was almost like getting an acquired taste for me. But once acquired it was very hard to stop using and forget all those enjoyable effects (warmth, feelings of safety, analgesia, "it is all fine" feeling, increased energy in first few hours, hell, even itching).

I am not judging and I can really relate, but if you don't want to become dependent on opioids you should leave it at this. Cause once you start to enjoy them it will be very hard to forget them. Especially if the reason for usage is primarily psychological distress or recreational effects.

My favourite class of drugs are stimulants, but opioids was the class of drugs that got me in the real trouble and it took a heroic effort to stop using them. I jumped off buprenorphine after carefull tapering process and was at 0.5mg when tapering became more of a struggle than help...and even then it took me about 1 month to feel somewhat normal (like being able to sleep for more than 2 hours in a day) , but 3-4 months to be able to enjoy life once again.

As I said, I am not judging, in fact, the opposite, I can very much relate. Proceed with caution. 🙂

P.S. it sounds to me that you take either low(er) dose and then redosing or you are taking more than it is necessary. When I took more opioids than I should have, I became dysphoric and agitated. Also taking a low dose and then redosing can leed to very diminishing returns, as the first dose is the one that will give most pleasurable high.

One last notice - I don't know your tolerance and am not advising you to up the first dose. Just giving harm reduction info and my personal experience.

Take care.

Peace 🖖

Hayyyy! Cool! Ive noticed theres a lot of Winnipeggers here in Van. I mean, i dont blame em. I had to gtfo of there. I was getting really heavy into slamming meth and was in psychosis a lot. So long story short i ended up in Vancouver to get clean. Yes i know it sounds silly because of how easy access dope is over here, but theres also a hell of a lot better health system out here, especially for addictions. So i was easily able to get on methadone, but while back in winnipeg they told me my drug test came back negative and refused to retest me. They said they sent it to a lab for a second test and it still came back negative, so they refused to help me. (This was OATS on Main st in wpg by the way). I think they were lying to me because i had just used fentanyl and clonazepam less than 24hrs prior, so it would have still been in my system. But neither of them showed up. I told them it was a faulty test and they refused to retest me. So i think they never even sent it to a lab tbh.

But as soon as i had a relapse in Vancouver (i was a couple weeks clean when i got here) and wanted some help, they helped me right away and were fo nice and friendly. In Wpg it felt like i was being looked down upon. Like i was just junkie scum. Out here it feels like they care more. Im so happy i moved.

Currently eating a UGM breakfast. :) free food is great. Ugm hooks it up
funny you say about the fent coming up. when i was in my intake for MINE they told me that fent never came up. i don't know if they test for all the fent analogues that might be it. luckily i had a solid hookup for hydros so that showed up in my blood. like you i was a hopeless iv meth addict for quite a few years before being hooked onto the pills. they are way more accepting here of people's addictions. here they were giving me 2 week carry's of suboxone. unheard of in manitoba

Oxy does suck. After 2 weeks of taking them all you do is sleep and have painful shits. I’m on day 1 of quitting them. They are expensive and overrated. But still, if your doing an opiate oxy is one of the cleanest to come off on. 3 days it’s over.
I didn't get those side effects but I suspect I have a natural tolerance to opiates/opioids so the only thing I noticed was throwing up a few times when I took more than I was prescribed since they weren't cutting the pain enough (I had an ankle infection). I was taking Percocet though, which probably accounts for the nausea; it has added APAP

Reppin’ Oxyphiles here!

I love them as they tend to make most of my pains disappear in 60 minutes, and I have a script and pay $10 for 90 of the 20mg Oxys.

I don’t know anyone who has access to dillies, prescription or otherwise, but I’ve taken it IV many times for chronic kidney stones. Dilaudid is fab for sure.

Dilaudid is fab for sure.
When I asked them to up my hydrocone to oxycodone in the hospital (the hydrocodone was too weak and didn't cut through my pain) I heard a lady across the hall getting an IV shot of Dilaudid, the nurse said here's your shot of Dilaudid! I was jellin' :mad:

I didn't get those side effects but I suspect I have a natural tolerance to opiates/opioids so the only thing I noticed was throwing up a few times when I took more than I was prescribed since they weren't cutting the pain enough (I had an ankle infection). I was taking Percocet though, which probably accounts for the nausea; it has added APAP
Yeah I rarely get them prescribed. Even though it’s cheaper I can access just as Easy. I mean they are fun and warm for about the first two weeks is all I’m saying. Then your just chasing a tolerance...

It was almost like getting an acquired taste for me. But once acquired it was very hard to stop using and forget all those enjoyable effects (warmth, feelings of safety, analgesia, "it is all fine" feeling, increased energy in first few hours, hell, even itching).
So true.

I'm glad you didn't like it, I ended up liking that shit, and it caused me many years of trouble.

I'm glad you didn't like it, I ended up liking that shit, and it caused me many years of trouble.
That warmth:/ ugh why can’t we just have access to opiates OTC. UK is having a lot of success with its pilot heroin program

That warmth:/ ugh why can’t we just have access to opiates OTC. UK is having a lot of success with its pilot heroin program
Yep, the feeling is great, but the problem is when you can't get any, and then you're fucked. If they give addicts a weekly dosage, they won't have any problem.

If anyone in this thread don't like their oxycodone because there's something wrong with it feel free to let me dispose of it appropriately ;)

I wish I thought it sucked... suppose I would have avoided a lot of misery lol. If only oxy felt bad. Could you imagine?

I take a 30mg oxy IR maybe once or twice a week orally. The high i get from it is very nice, somewhat stimulating yet relaxing. Not a care in the world. But a 30mg oxy IR with no tolerance is very nice. The constipation really doesnt bother me much and i never get sick. I do prefer IVing H over oral oxy any day.

Maybe youre not taking enough?

(I took a 30mg oxy IR 35 min ago while typing this n im feeling pretty groovy. :) )