• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone/percocet withdrawals

msedward43

Bluelighter
Hi guys. like many, I got in a bit over my head. I suffer from a chronic pain sydrome known as CPPS and have tried everything. Cannabis doesn't work, TCH actually makes my condition worse, and amitriptyline and gabpenton help a little with the nerve pain, but don't do a whole lot. I got a script for the 10/325 percs about 2 months ago and used them once a week for 5 weeks to get at least ONE night of sleep a week where it wasn't forced and uncmfortable. however I started abusing the enjoyment piece of the percs and since I was only doing 15-20 mg's once a week I kind of saved some of my pills, then after 5 weeks of being very strict my brother came to town and he's been on percs for years due to being a combat vet that got blown up by an IED. hanging out with him for a few weeks I got caught up with him taking pills during the evening and watching TV... so I went from 15-20 mg's once a week to 3 weeks where I took it 3-4 days a week and by the third week my tolerance had jumped from about 20mg to 35-40mg's ... this last saturday evening was my last full dose (end of the 3rd week of using 3-4 days a week, only once a day though). Monday afternoon I started noticing the body aches and thought I had the flu. tuesday I was ok, but that evening the bodyaches came back with a VENGEANCE and I was restless as all getout, couldn't get comfortable. realizing that it was withdrawals I said "uh-uh, not getting a long term addiction to these!" and decided that it wasn't worth it. I DID take a 1/2 dose on tuesday to ease the symtoms, so wednesday I had more bodyaches and restlessness but not nearly as bad as tuesday (although it was all day and not just in the evening. Thursday I felt great and just had some mild insomnia, Friday and Sat were the same but the insomnia and slight restlessness before bed was all that I had to deal with. last night (saturday) was the worse and I couldn't even go to sleep until 8 or 9am due to the constant full body RLS and general sleeplessness. I had to use my prescribed gabapenton to get to sleep finally (doctor prescribes it for my CPPS but I hate using it since it gives me nasty dreams after a while).

My question is. How long does the insomnia and restlessness last. I mean, I only abused during a 3 week period where I did 20-40 mg 3-4 x during the week so It wasn't like I was every day etc. and the 5 weeks prior using ONCE a week I never had any problems going from week to week. I don't crave the drug, I don't want it, and I don't feel a compunction to take another pill, but the physical dependency withdrawals suck a bit (I truly feel for the hardcore guys on here who have to deal with 100+ mg daily addictions). I'm trying to get a timeline for "normalcy" for someone like me who only really got hooked for a trio of weeks. some say "oh yeah, you'll be out of the woods in 3-6 days" and other say "it can take months!!". but most of them are dealing with years long on the substance so it's hard to guage.

I wouldn't abruptly stop taking, you have to taper.

I actaully am sort of in the same boat. If you go to my thread, http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/780551-How-much-is-too-much-CWE-oxycodone, im working on a tapering method. I take supplements to help repair my body and i also CWE(cold water extract) my perc's, for optimal safety.

Questions:

How long does the insomnia and restlessness last? For me, i have always experienced trouble sleeping, so i can't really give the best of answer. But it definitely lasts while you are tapering off.

When i did a 3 week cycle, around the same dose and dose schedule, it was about 4 days. I had trouble sleeping and i would sweat, ALOT.(i found if you hit the gym and do cardio for 15-30min, the sweating pretty much goes away.)

hope this helps.

He doesn't need to taper, we are talking about a short term abuse of oxycodone and it's not even that high of a dose. Jeez relax dude.

You should be fine if you've only abused it for a few weeks. The restlessness and insomnia probably won't last too long because you aren't taking huge doses. There's no way of knowing the exact amount of time as it's not the same for everyone but if you're uncomfortable and can't sleep try taking some Tylenol PM or something similar for the insomnia and body aches.

yeah, can't exactly taper, that dose on saturday was the last of my script and I refused my next one due to not wanting to feed the temptation. I'm 7 days off my last high dose (35 mg on saturday mixed with a .25 mg of xandax) I DID take one half dose on tuesday to ease the symptoms a bit.

You should be fine if you've only abused it for a few weeks. The restlessness and insomnia probably won't last too long because you aren't taking huge doses. There's no way of knowing the exact amount of time as it's not the same for everyone but if you're uncomfortable and can't sleep try taking some Tylenol PM or something similar for the insomnia and body aches.

thanks man. I assumed as much, just is a bit uncomfortable to stay up all night. luckily I work from home and can make my own hours so at least I'm not exhausted for work. I alternate Ibuprophen and Tylenol for when I get the bodyaches (which are REALLY REALLY mild at this stage). just the insomnia due to full body RLS keeping me up at night. I'm taking a magnesium supplement and eating extra bananas for the potassium and magnesium to hopefully combat it. just was wondering if we knew how long this crap lasts... I guess I was just a little nervous that this post acute symptom would last weeks and weeks and maybe months. first time I've abused ANYTHING in my life and it scared the crap out of me

If you can't sleep from 3 weaks of 3-4X per week abuse.... That's pretty weak.

Take 6mg of lopermide (anti-diarrhea) and maybe a nightime cold & flu pill

If you can't sleep from 3 weaks of 3-4X per week abuse.... That's pretty weak.

Take 6mg of lopermide (anti-diarrhea) and maybe a nightime cold & flu pill

lol, I must be a lightweight. I actually haven't had any diarrhea at ALL the whole time. no cramping or pain either. just full body aches the first 3-4 days coupled with extra fatigue and now crazy RLS all over the boy and insomnia coupled with anxiety

^^^ The lopermide, although available OTC for anti-diarrheal, Is actually used to mitigate RLS and body-aches due to the peripheral action on the opiate-receptors. 6mg of This w/ a nighttime cold & flu, and you will be able to mitigate most of those sleep issues and get some needed rest. ONLY take it for the RLS, tho (just for a few nights)

^^^ The lopermide, although available OTC for anti-diarrheal, Is actually used to mitigate RLS and body-aches due to the peripheral action on the opiate-receptors. 6mg of This w/ a nighttime cold & flu, and you will be able to mitigate most of those sleep issues and get some needed rest. ONLY take it for the RLS, tho (just for a few nights)

gotcha... I'll hit up walgreens tonight and see if I can find some. Appreciate it.

If you can get ahold of some gabapentin (neurontin) that would also help you a lot with your mood and the RLS/body discomfort. It's not scheduled and it's safe to use.

Gabapentin is great, but you have to go to a DR or get it via blackmarket. Phenibut works via the same mechanism- Voltage-gated-calcium-chanel blocker- and can legally be obtained as a supplement online for inexpensively, or expensively in certain propriety supplement blends at Vitamin Shoppe. However it has a weaker action so don't use for more than 3 days in-a-row.

FOR THE DURATION of OP WD-syndrome, Lopermide and a nightime flu&cold will work fine.

If you can get ahold of some gabapentin (neurontin) that would also help you a lot with your mood and the RLS/body discomfort. It's not scheduled and it's safe to use.

Cool. Got that covered. I have bottles of the stuff along with amitryptyline being that's what my Dr. Prescribed me for my condition originally

Cool. Got that covered. I have bottles of the stuff along with amitryptyline being that's what my Dr. Prescribed me for my condition originally

WOW, If you have gabapentin and have not become tolerant to it, almost all WD will be attenuated. amitryptyline will not help

WOW, If you have gabapentin and have not become tolerant to it, almost all WD will be attenuated.

I haven't used it for a year since I switched nerve meds so my tolerance isn't high. 1 pill knocked me the F out this morning when I finally thought of it

Last edited:
oh, one more quick question. I have some lyrica 75mg tablets too... isn't Lyrica a more potent version of Gaba??? I can't find my Gaba tablets and wanted to know if they had the same effect? (I'm pretty sure it does as that pill I took yesterday was the LYRICA and not the Gabapentin like I thought it was)

and LAST question. I've heard that Gaba/Lyrica has some nasty withdrawals themselves if taken too long. will I notice any withdrawals from them if I take for like 4-7 days and then go off ??

Last edited:
I have tons of gabapentin (neurontin) that I would take for withdrawal and they did nothing for me. Nothing at all. The only thing that helped would be a benzo.I found for me just being able to sleep through it helped a lot. I have really bad RLS and it gets bad during opiate withdrawal.

you are almost out of the woods. You are wise to see that you were on a slippery slope and decided to step away from it...and doubly wise to come here and get some help getting through the withdrawals. They should be fairly minimal and within a few days you should be nearly right as rain.

You may want to go to your doctor and ask for a sleep aid...for me I have bad insomnia so I take a benzo and benadryl and that usually knocks me out at night.

You may also want to try turning off your electronics before bed (tv, cellphone, tablet, laptop ect.) It has been proven that an hour of screentime before bed will actually make it harder to sleep.

I have tons of gabapentin (neurontin) that I would take for withdrawal and they did nothing for me. Nothing at all. The only thing that helped would be a benzo.I found for me just being able to sleep through it helped a lot. I have really bad RLS and it gets bad during opiate withdrawal.

Same experience here. The only meds that helped were benzos.

Thanks for all your advice guys. all my physical heavy duty stuff went away within a few days of me posting last, and even the sleeplessness has MOSTLY gone away. it's a bit harder to sleep but using some of my amitryptaline or a couple benadryl is more than enough to get me over the hump if I'm having a bit of trouble dozing off. strangely enough I have some body aches that come around 3-4 hours before bedtime, but they're nothing severe and really a couple tylenol and they're gone.

I have no physical cravings for the oxy and don't have any of the depression that people warned about. happy to not be addicted to those guys and feeling really sheepish for taking it as many days as I did instead of just the once a week like I was for a little extra pain relief from my condition.

now, I don't plan on refilling any of my scripts and my brother who was kind of the "peer pressure" is gone so no worries about me going off the deep end, but I DO have two pills left of my stash. My question is... Feb 11th is my birthday which is about 6 weeks after I quit. I'm not going to get high, or go off the deep end but I was hoping that I could use those last two to relieve my pain symptoms and have my birthday as a GOOD day instead of me constantly biting my cheek wishing the discomfort would end. I completely understand the dangers of cravings and "one pill leading to another"... but like I said, I don't have access to any anymore and have cut out the people who did supply on purpose. I'm just curious if using 2 pills on that one day so I can have a pain free birthday with my wife and friends would kick start any withdrawals after almost 6 weeks.... if it's a danger then I'm fine with not taking that risk, but I have no real experience with using after a detox since these 3 weeks were all I ever used my whole life