• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone and Subs withdrawal differences?

MetalPillZ

Greenlighter
Do oxycodone and subs hit the same receptors? If so, why are there different withdrawal timelines for different opiates?

Example: Oxy 3-10 day withdrawal
Sub 7 days to months withdrawal
Thanks..

Do oxycodone and subs hit the same receptors? If so, why are there different withdrawal timelines for different opiates?

Example: Oxy 3-10 day withdrawal
Sub 7 days to months withdrawal
Thanks..
Cause oxycodone(also morphine and heroin) is/are short acting opiates, the time for your system to get rid of the drug is pretty fast. And how long it takes to leave your body is directly proportional to how long wds will last.
Buprenorphine and methadone are long acting opioids, their effects last longer. Your body takes longer to get rid of it, therefore the wds take a long fking time. Hope u understood, stay safe buddy.

Cause oxycodone(also morphine and heroin) is/are short acting opiates, the time for your system to get rid of the drug is pretty fast. And how long it takes to leave your body is directly proportional to how long wds will last.
Buprenorphine and methadone are long acting opioids, their effects last longer. Your body takes longer to get rid of it, therefore the wds take a long fking time. Hope u understood, stay safe buddy.
I do, thanks for clarifying it. Could you answer one more question for me please?

If I'm withdrawaling from subs, and I'm not addicted to oxys, would I be able to take a few oxys to get thru the worst of the sub withdrawals?
I know it sounds counterintuitive but I'm just curious.

Example: If i were in day 5 of sub wds, and i took a 5mg oxy for relief from the wds, would it set me back to day 1 of wds on the normal "timeline" for sub withdrawal? Would it just set me back a day? Or would it not effect the sub wds at all?

Thanks so much if anyone could answer this question. Especially if you can back up any of said question with real science.
Thank you 😊

Like nznity said, it's all down to the half-life length of a drug which is how long the human body takes to eliminate the drug from your system.

I do, thanks for clarifying it. Could you answer one more question for me please?

If I'm withdrawaling from subs, and I'm not addicted to oxys, would I be able to take a few oxys to get thru the worst of the sub withdrawals?
I know it sounds counterintuitive but I'm just curious.

Example: If i were in day 5 of sub wds, and i took a 5mg oxy for relief from the wds, would it set me back to day 1 of wds on the normal "timeline" for sub withdrawal? Would it just set me back a day? Or would it not effect the sub wds at all?

Thanks so much if anyone could answer this question. Especially if you can back up any of said question with real science.
Thank you 😊

You can take short acting opiates during sub withdrawal but it will set you back. Exactly how much I don't think anyone can say. However a much better option would be to use kratom to help you get through the worst of the sub withdrawal, or if you must take an opiate use codeine.

Does codeine even work? In terms of let’s say you’re addicted to subs, you switch to oxy, then switch to codeine. Would the withdrawal be less intense by the time you’ve come off the codeine for instance?

Subs have terrible long w.ds
Oxycodone I try to avoid, the dose to effect is pretty bad... I like diamorphine Soo much better. They don't dose enough oxy for it to be worthwhile.
Just stick to what works.

Do you have gabapentin and benzos?
They might ease withdrawal and not set you back. People say Kratom helps, not sure but hopefully someone on here is familiar with subs withdrawal.