• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxycodone + Ambien = Safe Combination?

SlightlyStoopid

Bluelighter
I took 75mg of Oxycodone at 10:50 pm (crush up & parachuted), and then snorted another 15mg 30 minutes later at 11:20 pm. Would it be safe to take 30mg of Ambien tonight before I go to sleep? It would probably be within couple hours or so (so approximately 3 hours after I took my first dose of Oxy).

(For those wondering why such a high dose, I have been taking Roxicodone daily for the past month and have a huge tolerance.)

Why 30mg of ambien though? Seems like overkill?
Because I have experimented with different doses before, and that's my sweet spot — it's not too much to where I black out, but it's enough to feel something somewhat recreational. I like the chilled-out effect it gives me.

Wouldn't call it safe, but I've mixed benzos and opiates plenty of times as long as I kept doses low on the benzo side I never experienced any problems. Only time I had a hard time breathing was oxy + Xanax + alcohol. I would recommend lowering the ambien dose though, 30mg is high even with a tolerance opiates and z-drugs will potentiate each other and you can always take more, never less

Wouldn't call it safe, but I've mixed benzos and opiates plenty of times as long as I kept doses low on the benzo side I never experienced any problems. Only time I had a hard time breathing was oxy + Xanax + alcohol. I would recommend lowering the ambien dose though, 30mg is high even with a tolerance opiates and z-drugs will potentiate each other and you can always take more, never less
You’re right - I’m probably just gonna take one of my Ambien (10mg). Better to be safe than sorry.

And Oxy + Xanax + alcohol sounds like a recipe for disaster… glad you’re okay!

You’re right - I’m probably just gonna take one of my Ambien (10mg). Better to be safe than sorry.

And Oxy + Xanax + alcohol sounds like a recipe for disaster… glad you’re okay!
Smart guy, glad you decided to do the smart thing. Does oxy and ambien have any synergy? Or are you just prescribed for insomnia? I've never tried them or heard them combined before.

Also yeah, I was 16 and didn't even know the dangers of mixing substances since I was very very early into my drug exploration. Thank God I was at a party and had a buddy who made sure to keep me awake

Smart guy, glad you decided to do the smart thing. Does oxy and ambien have any synergy? Or are you just prescribed for insomnia? I've never tried them or heard them combined before.

Also yeah, I was 16 and didn't even know the dangers of mixing substances since I was very very early into my drug exploration. Thank God I was at a party and had a buddy who made sure to keep me awake
I am not personally prescribed them, but somebody in my house is and they've given me some before. I also have a friend who I buy some from every now and then.

And yes, the two synergize really well, from my experience It's. Ambien is actually considered a "nonbenzodiazepine" or "Z-drug", but since it acts on some of the same receptors in your brain that real benzos do, it produces similar benefits and effects. It acts as a sedative and hypnotic — basically just chills you out and helps you relax enough to fall sleep — but it certainly has recreational value, in my opinion. Taking a bunch of them will also make you hallucinate. I had the most awesome and serene closed-eye-visuals once on them.

I am not personally prescribed them, but somebody in my house is and they've given me some before. I also have a friend who I buy some from every now and then.

And yes, the two synergize really well, from my experience It's. Ambien is actually considered a "nonbenzodiazepine" or "Z-drug", but since it acts on some of the same receptors in your brain that real benzos do, it produces similar benefits and effects. It acts as a sedative and hypnotic — basically just chills you out and helps you relax enough to fall sleep — but it certainly has recreational value, in my opinion. Taking a bunch of them will also make you hallucinate. I had the most awesome and serene closed-eye-visuals once on them.
I was just curious if the synergy is different from regular benzo + opiates. I've had my fair share of ambien before and wasn't a huge fan when I initially tried it. I imagine if I tried it again I would like it a lot more since I was just 16 trying it and hadn't even tried shrooms, LSD, ket, or anything psychedelic so the hat men scared the shit out of me. Might try it again if I ever see some around, but kinda worried with the similarities to benzos since I've had issues with those in the past.

I remember when I went to juvenile detention as a kid I met this cool ass dude and he told me about how he used to shoot up ambien. The way he described it sounded awesome like a cartoon and the world was melting. Never would touch a needle but I wonder if you could achieve that type of high from oral/snorting.

Ambien is one weird drug. I still take it though not at your doses, I don't think that I have taken more than 20mg at once in like the past 5 years. I abused the hell of it a while longer.

Because I have experimented with different doses before, and that's my sweet spot — it's not too much to where I black out, but it's enough to feel something somewhat recreational. I like the chilled-out effect it gives me.

Yeah I also like it in the 3-5 range, was just asking since most people don't try to enjoy the effects of ambien.

I would say the combo isn't particularly dangerous if you have a tolerance to both drugs. But for an inexperienced person it's definitely risky.

Yeah I also like it in the 3-5 range, was just asking since most people don't try to enjoy the effects of ambien.

I would say the combo isn't particularly dangerous if you have a tolerance to both drugs. But for an inexperienced person it's definitely risky.
The 1st time I took Ambien, I had been awake for like 48 hours "stressed, not drug induced". I remember taking the pill, going to the kitchen, and then waking up on the living room floor with a bowl of salad all over me.

I gave it a shot tonight. Because I am extremely tolerant to Oxycodone at the moment. The Ambien, on the other hand, not AS tolerant but I have taken my fair share. Been taking anywhere between 1-3 periodically for the past month or so. Even took 5 at one point … and that was … well, different. Lol. That high of a dose makes me do and say some dumb shit - Ambien really IS a weird drug. Not to mention the fact that I had very little recollection that night.

But this time, I dropped the Ambien dose to 2 of them instead after consuming the Oxy — 120mg — which I did NOT consume all at once. Snorted 75mg, and then a couple hours later snorted another 15mg, and then another couple hours later snorted another 15mg … and then I finally took the Ambien (20mg). Finally, about 30 mins after that snorted my final 15mg dose of Oxy. Shortly after that, I followed up with a low dose of Temazepam (15mg).

Even though I’m extremely tolerant to Oxycodone, and fairly tolerant to Ambien and Temazepam, I stilled played it safe by gradually stacking my doses. Needless to say, I was in a complete state of bliss.

The 1st time I took Ambien, I had been awake for like 48 hours "stressed, not drug induced". I remember taking the pill, going to the kitchen, and then waking up on the living room floor with a bowl of salad all over me.

Yeah, after taking certain sleeping pills (ambien in particular) I have a tendency to try my hand at inventing new random recipes at 3am (like trying to see what kind of random foods I can put in a deep fryer). My girlfriend has woken up in the morning to find some pretty wacky looking messes in the kitchen, including blood everywhere from me cutting myself while chopping things up with kitchen knives, in some cases.

All I can tell you is that almost all fatal opioid overdoses in the UK also involve additional CNS depressants.

I'm pretty sure these aren't people who hadn't done the same thing many times - it's not quite clear why on one day you can be fine, the next time pull a blue, but it happens. But I'm in my mid 50s and every single person I knew who went down the opioids + downers is now dead; all overdoses.

All I can tell you is that almost all fatal opioid overdoses in the UK also involve additional CNS depressants.

I'm pretty sure these aren't people who hadn't done the same thing many times - it's not quite clear why on one day you can be fine, the next time pull a blue, but it happens. But I'm in my mid 50s and every single person I knew who went down the opioids + downers is now dead; all overdoses.
Well combining opioids and benzos is responsible for the death of many people.

Yes - I should have specified UNINTENTIONAL overdoses.

There are more factors that people think. A lot of them had been taking the same doses for ages but one day they just, you know, went over.

Technically, with tolerance sure. But also no. The problem is people black out way too easily on ambien and then end up taking more drugs than they would otherwise and OF.

I did that once myself with ambien and once with Xanax

Technically, with tolerance sure. But also no. The problem is people black out way too easily on ambien and then end up taking more drugs than they would otherwise and OF.

I did that once myself with ambien and once with Xanax
Yeah, I get that... I've been there before, but that was the rest of my Ambien and I think the rest of my Roxi's. That's why I wasn't really worried about getting up and taking more or anything like that. Besides the fact that 90mg of Oxy and 20mg of Ambien pretty much knocked my ass out and put me straight to sleep. I was up for a little while... sitting on my computer enjoying the chilled-out effect the Ambien gives me. And then I got up, smoked a cigarette and then layed down. Best sleep ever.