• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oxycodone 80s split into 4 segments

UberTask

Greenlighter
I've done some researching. I will keep this short:

I have a bunch of Oxy 80mgs, which from my research indicates they are sustained release at that level. Anyway, SR or IR, it doesn't matter - both are too strong for someone as opiate naive as myself. My plan was the cut the 80mgs into 4 segments of 20mg each. My questions are:

1. 20mg is a safe (obviously no dose is safe, I understand, but speaking relatively) beginner dose (I have some experience with tramadol, codeine syrup, DHC etc)?
2. Will simply splitting in four break the sustained release coating, meaning it will provide the correct recreational usage?
3. Is crushing the pills necessary, or will dividing them into 4 neatly cut segments suffice?

Any input would be great. Just trying to safely chill out during this endless lockdown, not looking to push the boat out too far (that said, not looking to get no effects because of the sustained release coating).
Any questions I will answer also.
Thank you.

1. 20mg is not a safe dose for someone without a tolerance. You wont die but you’ll likely feel nauseous Start with 5 - 10.
2. Cutting the pills will not change the sustained release. it’s not in the coating but in the pill‘s physical construction.
3. crushing the pills will be difficult unless you’ve somehow got the old formulation. as of a decade ago the pills are made of a rubbery material The only way to break the release is to grate Them finely and then shake in water till they disolve.

good luck.

That's what I do. I cut my 80s in 4 pieces and I started with 1 when my tolerance to dhc was 240mg or so (individual dose) and now I can take 3 pieces, so 60mg plus morphine on top without a problem.
They work as instant release like that with me but I have the Sandoz extended release ones. They crush fine as well.
If you have a low tolerance I'd break a quarter in two and take 10mg max and see how you feel. 20mg is a bit much for a beginner with opioids.

Last edited:
Thank you. However, both of you are giving conflicting information regarding the sustained release coating. I'll lower the starting dose. But as to how to get rid of the sustained release, I'm still in the dark...

Do you mean dissolve the entire segment in water? I have the Sandoz...though I doubt they are 10 years old.
My intention was to take the (now reduced to 5-10mg) smaller dose and chew it using the molars then wash it down with water - will this suffice?

Take a bit of moisture and rub against the pill. If a coating comes off and reveals a white color, then it "sounds like it might be" an old fashioned 80.
If it's all solid then it "sounds like it might be" a newer formua, of which getting much rec value will be much more difficult, at least ime.
Any more info than that, and i'm scared I would be breaking the rule on "pill id" here. However I hope the little insight I could provide helps you not just enjoy, but potentially reduce harm. Good luck.

SR dosage is generally gentler than IR. 20mg ER/SR = ~15mg IR.

Unless you are a big guy, that might be a little on the heavy side with no tolerance. Probably not dangerously so, but I always recommend starting low

Grinding it up has some small effect. It'll work no matter what. Chew it up, grind it up, as long as it gets in you. The method I'm familiar with involves breaking them up as much as possible, then letting it dissolve in Cola, which will actually dissolve it, unlike water.

SR dosage is generally gentler than IR. 20mg ER/SR = ~15mg IR.

Unless you are a big guy, that might be a little on the heavy side with no tolerance. Probably not dangerously so, but I always recommend starting low

Grinding it up has some small effect. It'll work no matter what. Chew it up, grind it up, as long as it gets in you. The method I'm familiar with involves breaking them up as much as possible, then letting it dissolve in Cola, which will actually dissolve it, unlike water.
So, for example, take the segment (1/4), then use the pile cutter to cut it into ever smaller segments, throw it in a glass of coca-cola, stir it and let it dissolve and then drink? Great tip, thanks. I think that's what I'll be doing. And does this work with both the new and older versions?

My tabs have a green coating that peels off and the tab itself is white. It crushes very easily. I am in the UK and the ones I use are Italian tabs.
If yours are produced elsewhere (like the US) then they might have implemented a better sustained release mechanism to avoid abuse. As far as I know mine are always described as easily abused.

I think people are just confusing you. Chewing them will be enough. Onset might not be super quick like with true IR pills but it's not that much of a difference. You don't need to wait hours for the pill to dissolve in coke.
I use the same method with DHC Continus which are not easily crushed instead and are more similar to the abuse-proof pills in the US and I just cut them into pieces and they work fine as semi IR pills. You might have to wait a little bit longer for them to come on... That's all. Empty stomach helps with a faster onset as a rule of thumb.

EDIT to add that for example the DHC Continus we have here in the UK I've tried putting them in coke to get them to dissolve, but they remained a nice blob floating about in the glass for me after hours.
It's a sort of polymer they're made of and it doesn't dissolve. Finely crushed or not. But the pill definitely worked faster than leaving it whole and sustained released as intended when I just cut it up into chunks and swallowed those little chunks. They will never become truly instant release but you somewhat can still destroy the prolonged release mechanism by cutting it up. They wouldn't write not to chew or split the tablet on the leaflet otherwise if that didn't work at all.

Last edited:
My tabs have a green coating that peels off and the tab itself is white. It crushes very easily. I am in the UK and the ones I use are Italian tabs.
If yours are produced elsewhere (like the US) then they might have implemented a better sustained release mechanism to avoid abuse. As far as I know mine are always described as easily abused.
Thanks for the information. I'm in the UK too. I won't post pics as it is against the rules, but there is two types I have access to, number one: Sandoz 40mg "retardtabletten" (I presume German for Prolonged/Retarded Release) 40mg. Being German I will assume they have all the latest avoid abuse mechanisms, you know how they are haha. The 2nd option is: Sandoz 80mg "compresse a rilascio prolungato". (I don't read Italian, but I'll make an educated guess that is says Prolonged Release haha). -- I'm thinking this might be the type your describing.

Can anybody back up the other gentleman's claim that Oxy can be dissolved in Cola without much loss is efficacy? Because that seems to be a safe (relatively) and tidy way to consume.
Also, is it possible to try a little, then top up your dose? As opposed to the Codeine ceiling effect where once you've dosed, you can't top up until x amount of hours.

As always, the objective is just get a nice strong relaxation going, without killing myself and without wasting these quite expensive tablets.

Thanks for the information. I'm in the UK too. I won't post pics as it is against the rules, but there is two types I have access to, number one: Sandoz 40mg "retardtabletten" (I presume German for Prolonged/Retarded Release) 40mg. Being German I will assume they have all the latest avoid abuse mechanisms, you know how they are haha. The 2nd option is: Sandoz 80mg "compresse a rilascio prolungato". (I don't read Italian, but I'll make an educated guess that is says Prolonged Release haha). -- I'm thinking this might be the type your describing.

Can anybody back up the other gentleman's claim that Oxy can be dissolved in Cola without much loss is efficacy? Because that seems to be a safe (relatively) and tidy way to consume.
Also, is it possible to try a little, then top up your dose? As opposed to the Codeine ceiling effect where once you've dosed, you can't top up until x amount of hours.

As always, the objective is just get a nice strong relaxation going, without killing myself and without wasting these quite expensive tablets.
Rilascio prolungato is italian for prolonged release. I've got those too. Yes, just split them and chew the piece. It will work fine. No one abuses oxycodone in Italy so they wouldn't go out of their way to make them hard to crush. I know because I'm Italian but been living in the UK for years now. Still, in my home country oxycodone is not a common drug of abuse. Prescription meds aren't a problem at all.
The German ones are fine too. It's the US Oxycontin that has been changed to be abuse-proof and most likely their generics too.

Soaking them won't make them less effective. Up to you what you do with them. If you wanna soak them or crush them or whatever. They'll work more like instant release tabs once they're not whole anymore in any case.

Rilascio prolungato is italian for prolonged release. I've got those too. Yes, just split them and chew the piece. It will work fine. No one abuses oxycodone in Italy so they wouldn't go out of their way to make them hard to crush. I know because I'm Italian but been living in the UK for years now. Still, in my home country oxycodone is not a common drug of abuse. Prescription meds aren't a problem at all.
The German ones are fine too. It's the US Oxycontin that has been changed to be abuse-proof and most likely their generics too.

Soaking them won't make them less effective. Up to you what you do with them. If you wanna soak them or crush them or whatever. They'll work more like instant release tabs once they're not whole anymore in any case.
Grazie. Chewing it is then, as the supply is all Euro, no American stuff (generics or otherwise). Good luck

As for the claim about dissolving in cola, yea that does work as does citric acid, vinegar and a
number of other acidic liquids. Cola is def the most conveinent way if you plan on swallowing it.
However since swallowing is the ROA with the slowest onset to begin with, im not sure how much difference dissolving it would be as opposed to just chewing it. I mean, i'm certain the onset in cola would in fact be faster, but how much so i'm not sure.