Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(Oxycodone/30mg) -Inexperienced "Compared to Kratoml"

geoffreychaucer

Bluelighter
I'm certainly aware of the ongoing effort towards criminalization of kratom and the title of this trip report could be unhelpful towards preventing this action, however, this is one trip report on one website so I doubt I am single-handedly contributing towards anti-kratom legislation.

Anyways, my roommate offered to trade me some 5mg oxycodone tablets for my Dexedrine 15mg ER capsules. I had no particular interest in trying oxycodone but I wasn't opposed either so I accepted. She gave me 8 of these tabs offhandedly since she doesn't take them and didn't really care for their effect. I'm a frequent user of kratom and have been for several years. I enjoy the stimulating opioid effect and had always wondered if oxycodone, which is described as a stimulating opiate, was similar at all to kratom. On the other hand, it seemed ridiculous that oxycodone would actually be that similar to kratom considering the epidemic of oxycodone addiction and its reputation as "almost as good as heroin."

So I decide to try out the oxycodone well aware of its addictive potential and glad that I was limited in supply. I often think that I would be happy never trying another drug since kratom seems sufficient for all my needs.

I take 2 of the 5mg tablets, starting small. I soon feel a very slight effect, hardly noticeable so not worth mentioning. After a half hour or so I take another 10mg. Once this hits me, I start to very much dislike the drug. I feel sedated and dull-minded, almost like too much kratom when the euphoria disapears and you kick yourself for your greediness in assuming more is better. I didn't feel any typical opiate effects, it felt more like some antipsychotic. I understand opioids are hardly the best on the first try so I tried to reserve judgement.

I decide to take another 2 since I don't feel the negative effects too strongly and thinking maybe more will get me to where I'm trying to get to. This is generally stupid logic but it actually worked this time. I knew 30mg was still a low dose so this action seemed safe. I should mention that through all this experience I was working on various academic studies.

30mg total had me finally feeling more of the desired effects. I felt warm, itchy, and sedated. I was nodding for a little bit also. Mentally, I was no longer feeling dull but I felt pretty much sober: no euphoria at this point. The nod was different from kratom somewhat. With kratom it feels very much in the eyelids and head if that makes sense. Of course opiate nods also features drooping eyelids but they feel, in my experience with codeine, somewhat deeper in the body. Also, with kratom I dream more with the nod than I did during this one. With the nod I experienced here, I was just lying down with my eyes closed but I was still fully conscious with the same mental state of sobriety.

Another difference however was respiratory depression. There is some respiratory depression with kratom but not so much that I feel like I might forget to breathe. While I was lying down on the oxycodone I felt like I needed to take some deep breaths. Obviously at 30mg I was breathing sufficiently and its not as if I was on the verge of ODing or anything. But there was definitely a noticeable slowness of breath.

Once I got up and moved around tho, like kratom, I felt normal and awake, tho not yet stimulated. I made some tea to prevent further nodding, as I was trying to read some inorganic chemistry so I needed to be awake. After a good strong cup of black tea I finally felt stimulated. I also finally felt a slight euphoria. Prior to this, the drug had produced very little good feeling mentally. Physically, I had felt alright but my mood was unchanged. Now however, I went about cleaning and tidying feeling positive and energetic. This is the point in the high when I could not distinguish the experience from a well-dosed kratom high on a relatively low-tolerance. The feeling in the eyes was indistinguishable and the sense of positivity was pretty much the same.

One more difference was my appetite didn't seem stimulated on oxycodone where as the kratom high seems very closely linked to a healthy interest in eating. In fact, the first sensation I get as a kratom high comes on is the same as the good feeling you get when you're hungry and you're about to eat some delicious food. But anyway, I still could eat and food seemed to please me the same as it would had I been sober.

Many who read this will probably scoff at this dose of oxycodone and I'm sure oxy gets a lot more blissful at higher doses whereas kratom can only take you so far before you get diminishing returns. But at low-doses, oxycodone seems very similar to kratom. This is significant to me because it means I am getting a drug through the internet, straight from the source, at less than $1 a dose which is equivalent to a dose of an illegal prescription drug people have payed up to $30 for. This test just further convinces me that I need to try no other drugs in my life. Kratom may not induce the most powerful high or the most interesting but given all other factors, its a great drug to use habitually if one decides to go down that path in life.

Last edited:
30 mg Dex ER, as in extended release? I thought they only came in 5, 10 and 15mg?

I remember back when I had a very low tolerance , the first time I had oxy they were 5mg. I took 1 and I was flying! Those were the days...

I don't recommend using any opiate habitually, including kratom. I had tried hydrocodone a bunch and oxycodone twice and never cared for opiates much... I enjoyed them but didn't try to get them when I didn't have them, didn't have a problem with them. Then I tried kratom, in 2004 and to this day I am battling opiate addiction, it's been the worst thing to ever happen to me and the hardest thing I've ever had to go through. Kratom will produce a powerful withdrawal that in certain ways is worse than any other withdrawal I have ever felt, once dependence is reached. And no one ever thinks it is happening to them until it's gone and happened. Just putting that out there, if possible, get off this path while you still can. <3

Yeah I've had issues with my kratom use in the past but I have a handle on it; haha that's such a cliche statement, I should say, I would like to believe I have a handle on it. It helps that its hard to get a physical addiction in my experience even using every day. I don't know, people have different experiences but I use low doses consistently so that's probably why. Once I got my mental health issues pharmacologically taken care of, I mean actual medication, I find mental addiction a lot easier to steer clear of also. Still, one must exercise caution.

Hmm, in my experience it's all too easy to get a physical addiction. Also, thing about opiates: every time you use them you are as far in as the worst you've been with them. So, if one day you notice you get a withdrawal, and you quit and get back to normal, and then you start using it a little bit again... you will find yourself getting physically addicted very fast. I can be completely clean off opiates and do kratom once and straight up withdraw afterwards.

My wife, on the other hand, used it daily, multiple times per day for years, with me, but her dosages were 2-3 grams. Mine were 8-12.

Yeah, exercise caution, that's all I'm saying. :)