• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Oxy moron

What are you trying to achieve with this topic? It's neither funny nor serious, but it's your first post, so you clearly felt the need to make an account for this. Therefore I suspect some vague reason. 8)

Fuck yea unless u want withdrawls take however much gets u high then put 2days in between doses

Since this is harm reduction, unless you have a very good reason for that high of a dose, like cancer or some kind of trauma, that dose is irresponsible. By the way, next time post what kind of Oxy you are talking about. We can't read minds. I welcome you to Bluelight for the correct reasons.

I just wanted to make sure that I am doing everything in the right way to get the maximum amount of pain relief. Jeez don't jump on me for that.

Is 160 mg three times a day to much?
480 mg per day is a very high dose.

Even at my very worst, I was abusing no more than 400 mg per dose. Which for anyone without a tolerance would be game over! The withdrawals are brutal, but you already know this. I hope you can be as pain free as possible. All the best ;)

That's an awful lot of (I'm going to assume) oxycodone that you're putting in your system. Can you be a little more specific about what you're actually taking though? Oxycodone or Oxycontin? Either way, it's still a large dose. Let's hope you aren't taking your doses in the form of Percocet, that's a crapload of APAP breakdown to be putting your liver through.

If you don't have an insane tolerance to the drug, that dose is massive. Give it to someone who's never taken Oxy in their life and they'd probably drop dead. What a your reasoning for taking it? You may want to start tapering down soon, I can't even imagine the withdrawals you're getting... I was on Oxycodone 20mg three times a day at one point, and the withdrawal from THAT was horrible enough. You may not even need that much to relieve your pain and you probably don't realize it. Try a smaller dose, please.

You would have to have some serious medical issues if that is a therapeutic dose. But I remember back in the day oxycontin came in a 160mg pill until people started dying and lawsuits were flying and that was before they had the tamper proof shit in them. Man I couldn't imagine picking up a script of say 60 oxy 160mg pills without an armed guard. Anyway back to the subject unless you are terminally ill a dose that high is going to quickly ruin your capacity to get any relief from any narcotics pks and if you are terminally ill my condolences!

Is 160 mg three times a day to much?

Yea, it probably is "too" much.

it is parr for the course
It definitely is "par" for the course.

On a more serious note, that is one high-ass dose for anyone and probably one that is seriously hard to keep up, both physically and financially. Be smart before it's "too" late and tone it down a bit. Just start a little taper and get it back down to a more reasonable amount. Good Luck!

P.S. Sorry but I have my parents to thank for that. Used to correct me all the time and it drove me nuts, so I suppose I'm passing it on. Again, sorry.

Last edited: