Oxandrolone (Anavar) cycle and PCT with Nolva

TRPC5

Greenlighter
After obtaining some Oxandrolone powder, I started a 20mg x 3/day (every 8 hours) Anavar cycle about 6 weeks ago, seeing good results so far. I need to run this for 8 more weeks and had a question regarding PCT.

I have 60 x 20mg Nolvadex and need to make it last. Would taking 40mg/day for 2 weeks, followed by 20mg/day for 2 more weeks for a total of 4 weeks get the job done?

After all that, I'm thinking of a 12 week Primobolan cycle, 100mg/day, followed by a similar PCT.

Last edited:
Running anavar for 14 weeks is not a great idea. Even though its much milder than most orals most people wont go past 6-8weeks.

The PCT sounds fine. You need to leave a period of time after your PCT for your body to recover.

If its oral primobolan you would want to up the dose a bit. Its such a mild steroid that your best running it with some test.

I would use clomid for your PCT personally, as Nolva doesn't start the HPTA where clomid does.

Nolva is a pure estrogen blocker and at the end of your cycle you won't have any estrogen floating around anyway.

I agree with both P-mo and Horrux...DON'T RUN VAR LONGER THAN 8 WEEKS!

If you need to, increase the var dosages towrds the final weeks...some people take well over 80mgs...then again u might not need it...

I'd run clomid and low dose nolvadex personally...

if you run 14 weeks - get bloodworks done, my ALT values have hit 500+ instead of 40-60 range, be safe.

Thanks for the quick replies, I'll run a shorter var cycle.

p-mo: The Primobolan is oral and in order to up the dosage, I might have to knock off a couple of weeks, I'll see how that plays out.

Another question, just to bump up the thread: Since it's been 6 weeks with Var already, could I get away with starting pct now for couple of weeks and then immediately start another 6 week Var cycle?

Also, I will not be able to get Clomid fast enough, so a 2-week PCT with 40mg Nolva will have to do. I've run a 6 week Var cycle in the past with no PCT and didn't notice any negative effects.

Last edited:
funny you bring it up, just got a local with 300 10mg var and I'm gonna snap that up asap.

Another question, just to bump up the thread: Since it's been 6 weeks with Var already, could I get away with starting pct now for couple of weeks and then immediately start another 6 week Var cycle?

Also, I will not be able to get Clomid fast enough, so a 2-week PCT with 40mg Nolva will have to do. I've run a 6 week Var cycle in the past with no PCT and didn't notice any negative effects.

I wouldn't recommend immediately starting the cycle after pct...

Time on should equal time off.....even though var is mild, it's hepatoxic...

Also, you're gonna be shutdown after coming off...I just came off a strong methylated steroid stack and my testicles were smaller and libido was shot for a while...clomid and other proper pct protocol helped significantly...

you don't want desensitization of your HPTA

I'd run the var with the primo after your PCT (even if it is just a nolva one) and a 2 month break. Again this cycle would be much helped with the inculsion of test (which is much cheaper than the primo). If your worried about androgenic sides then the inclusion of a 5AR-inhibitor (such as finasteride) would solve the problem.