• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Overdosing on heroin

medicine cabinet said:
neither is that slight OD when you keep going in and out of consciousness.

Wouldn't this be more of a nod then a OD?

canj00feelit? said:
HYDRO CHRONIC made a very valid point and statement above. I agree whole heartedly. I must admit, however, that I don't take a test dose like I should before "going for the gusto" in a shot. It's definitely not a great technique, or something I'd advise anyone else to do. The one time I've OD'd from IV dope was when I basically tried to off myself by using entirely too much (~900 grams #4 powder in a 1cc rig). Other than that, the other time I OD'd from dope was actually from insuffulation of powder dope #4. I just kept ripping open bags and sniffing them, without thinking about how much I had done or was doing in the little time that had elapsed. I felt like I was having a heart attack, and had my hand ready to hit "send" on my phone with '911' predialed for about 45 minutes. It was scary as hell.

I should really be more careful. It's like PhreeX said once "Do as I say, not as I do" basically. I should practice what I preach, for sure...

Did you have a big tolerance when you tried to "off" yourself ? Did you just snap out of it after the shot or did somebody else call 911?

I read (IDKW) that the large majority of OD's are indeed experienced users, but a majority of THOSE OD's are because of a drop in tolerance due to lapse in use (ie. jail, rehab, ect.). Whent they return to using, they typically use the same amount as they had when the use ceased. Wish I could remember where I saw that. Probably the Meth clinic.

Also, from what Ive read on Fent. OD's the people were being found with the rig still in their arm, neck, ect. leading me to believe, if they even felt a rush, it was VERY short lived. No pun intended.
-J

How common are overdoses from snorting tar heroin? I'm guessing that it almost never happens, but who knows...?

OD'ing from just snorting tar is probably rare, but it's possible. (Never seen stats, I don't think any exist.)

You get into trouble when you mix depressants; decide that you want to snort some tar while you're on 5mg's of xanax, etc

wingnutlives said:
How common are overdoses from snorting tar heroin? I'm guessing that it almost never happens, but who knows...?

Read up about the new phonomenom in Dallas, Texas known as "Cheese"

^
I've read an academic paper that disproved some of the earlier cheese OD's. Basically, they didn't have enough actual heroin in their system, but it was a mix of depressants. I don't have the link though.

And I guess that's still an OD...

I thought most heroin deaths were due to also taking other downers like benzo's and alcohol.

The 2 peeps I know who od'd and died both did exactly same.
IV diazepan then in the morning IV heroin and the blues were still working.

Best friends who passed 1 week apart.

robd said:
thats bullshit... the heroin doesnt know where you are...

When you are in an area where you shoot up your opiate tolerance temporarily goes up as your body knows whats coming.