• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

out of body experiences?

crazygav

Bluelighter
im not a heavy weed smoker but on a few occasions ive had out of body experiences and its been a blast, i was just wondering if this was a normal weed effect, and also last couple of times ive also had open eye visuals and is this normal? or am i smoking more than weed?

It could very well be that your weed is laced, but who really knows? Weed effects everyone differently... although I've never herd of it causing out of body experiences (OBE) or visions...
In my own personal experience, I have had OBE's and telepathic moments while taking Tripple C (Coricidin cough & cold).
I've also had open eye visions while tweaking on Glass.
It' some freaky shit, ain't it? But, truly, the weed you've been smoking is most likly laced. So much of it is these days, you'd be surprised.
-Hopa

yer thats what i was thinking 8) but not complaining just gotta find cleaner resources

Umm, I haven't heard of MANY reports dealing with weed and out of body experiences, but it did happen to my friend while we were smoking at a park. It was a few weeks after we had some mushrooms, and he had a pretty intense trip where he threw up abd, then totally went out of body. He believed it to be some sort of flashback though.. Couldn't hear me, was just laying there with closed eyes, looking fucked.

Even though lacing weed sounds impracticle.. I mean.. why would a dealer GIVE AWAY drugs that they can sell!.. There is the slight possability of it being laced with PCP, since that can cause hallucinations and out of body experiences.

crazygav said:
im not a heavy weed smoker but on a few occasions ive had out of body experiences and its been a blast, i was just wondering if this was a normal weed effect, and also last couple of times ive also had open eye visuals and is this normal? or am i smoking more than weed?

first i wanna ask you what you consider an out of body experience (obe). my defenition of it is that you no longer are in touch with your body, no recollection of a body and no control of it.. this may have been another fake obe, just thinking it was one, but i shall not doubt yee.;)

weed is a psychedelic, it has a wide range of effects. open eye visuals are indeed pretty common, most subtle, but it can be quite intense. an obe isn't that common, but yes, these things do happen. as splatt already mentioned earlier, it could be a flashback, you could be re-experiencing an earlier mushroom trip or something. there's speculation about weed causing flashbacks (, i have read it somewhere, but right now my thoughts are hazy..

lacing.. well, yes, this could also be a problem if your hook-up isn't that great. make sure you trust this person or at least be sure of it that he isn't doing something with your weed (pretty obvious actually). but, we can't be sure, we cannot give you clear answers because there are many possibilities and your explanation wasn't really accurate enough to make a judgement. therefore, we are only guessing.

sidenote: cooltown_desperado, lay off the "tripple c's", NOT GOOD, at all.

i believe you. i had them a few times. my body goes numb and i cant move, then one time it felt like i was floating around the room. and another time, i was laying down, i knew i was in my bed and all of a sudden i was driving my car. it was some weird ass stuff when it first happened.

JBLazed:)

I wouldn't call it an out of body experience, but when I smoke weed (and I've smoked A LOT of weed over 20 years) and lie still on the bed or couch, I do begin to lose the sense of where my limbs begin and end, and even where they touch the air, until my entire body can feel like a geletenous mass. It's pretty trippy, usually starts in my legs, and works its way upwards.

Last edited:
Yeh some people can be more sensitive to certain substances than other people, not tolerance related but a predisposition. They effect each person differently. Perhaps juarna could be this substance for you.

I've never had a OBE with juarna, maybe i have'nt smoked enough, i do have that loss of limb boundaries feeling though.

i had sort of OBEs from weed my first week and it really doesnt surprise me.. weed is hallucinogen/psychedelic drug, after trying salvia & 5meo-dmt etc i find weed is pretty lame/mild psychedelic compared to others

i had an out of body experience the first time i tried weed. i took quite a few hits form a bong and held the smoke in for ages during lunch break at school, by the time i had started my lessons it kicked in. i ran out the class room and went outside which is when the oobe happened, i sort of flew out of my body and saw my self in third person like i was flying around myself. kind of scary first weed experience :( and i know it wasn’t laced as my friend also took some hits of the same stuff. So from my experience I would say oobe’s are more likely to happen if you’re not used to the effects of weed and haven’t built up a tolerance for it… however I’ve heard many people say it’s the other way round so what do I know :p

lokki said:
i had sort of OBEs from weed my first week and it really doesnt surprise me.. weed is hallucinogen/psychedelic drug, after trying salvia & 5meo-dmt etc i find weed is pretty lame/mild psychedelic compared to others

dunno if i'd call it lame - it's actually, IMHO, the perfect drug as it can be used with some frequency with mild side effects. You can be a weekend warrior your entire life with weed and still be able to hold down a job, be a parent, have a family, etc. Try that with acid.... or RCs.

As far as mild - many people would disagree with you. It may not product visuals, but it can be intense, and it is too intense for lots of people I know...

Not to play the skeptic, but are you sure it wasn't just your imagination?

Either way, sounds thrilling.

Cremaster said:
I wouldn't call it an out of body experience, but when I smoke weed (and I've smoked A LOT of weed over 20 years) and lie still on the bed or couch, I do begin to lose the sense of where my limbs begin and end, and even where they touch the air, until my entire body can feel like a geletenous mass. It's pretty trippy, usually starts in my legs, and works its way upwards.

i love that feeling, i felt like my legs were trapped inside my jeans, even though they are.. they felt like it

strong marijuana + comfy bed + no lights + headphones = OBE

wow.. never really had a strong obe on weed... most i ever felt was during my first times back in the days when we were driving and i feltl ike I was flying... and every thing looked same and cartoonish... and than one other time when i was fucking stoned and i closed my eyes laying down ups side down but i got sick pretty bad.