• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Orthodontic braces and crystal meth...

My opinion is that the teeth thing is caused completely from not brushing, dry mouth, vitamins.

If you dont think its the above then simply accept that you are wrong.

If you disagreem explain why your mouth flesh is immune to this corrosive vapor that burns enamel but somehow your lungs are immune
The most smoking anything will do is discolour your teeth like cigs do and maybe more and faster

None of your logic makes much sense, but check this part out:
Inhaling smoked vapors that are powerful enough to damage your teeth would melt the flesh from your mouth at the same time. Or at absolute minimum hurt like fucking shit if you inhaled them.

Take cigarettes for example. They damage just about everything in your oral and respiratory tract, carcinogens, tars, and plenty of stuff that causes just as much if not more damage than methamphetamine..... And does it "at absolute minimum hurt like fucking shit if you inhale them?" Not at all. That's one of the biggest problems with cancer sticks, you can't feel the pain/damage that you are inducing until much later when it's too late.

Thanks for all the input, I have actually gotten sores in my mouth many times just in my 1.5 mos of experimentation, some braces related from dryness and some not because they were are on areas where the braces had no contact, however I have very sensitive skin. I plan to start using Biotene for dryness. Its funny to hear all these hallucination and panic attack stories about meth, however me or none of my friends act like that, the extent is pretty much mild paranoia if we hear a REAL noise lol, talkativeness, and euphoria, may become itchy at times, but since we research, we rub not scratch, pick or dig holes. However must I state, we have very small habits and a little lasts for days for us

Thanks for all the input, I have actually gotten sores in my mouth many times just in my 1.5 mos of experimentation, some braces related from dryness and some not because they were are on areas where the braces had no contact, however I have very sensitive skin. I plan to start using Biotene for dryness. Its funny to hear all these hallucination and panic attack stories about meth, however me or none of my friends act like that, the extent is pretty much mild paranoia if we hear a REAL noise lol, talkativeness, and euphoria, may become itchy at times, but since we research, we rub not scratch, pick or dig holes. However must I state, we have very small habits and a little lasts for days for us

It'll take a little while, but eventually the inevitable escalation of dosing will lead you there. Just make sure to sleep as the early signs of psychosis begin to set in. A big mistake people make is that they wait until it's too late and then they're literally not themselves anymore. In my opinion, the moment you start to see things that shouldn't be there, sleep. Sleep before you begin to believe that they are there.

Panic attacks just happen. Some are more prone to it.

Google "effects of smoking crystal meth on teeth".
You will get about 964,000 results.
Choose one.

Edit--- I had to have 16 of my teeth re enamelled. A very costly and lengthy process. This happened after smoking meth for 2 years and practising healthy dental care. My enamel will never be as strong as it was before I started smoking meth.
How can that have no effect on someone who is wearing braces?

apparently you missed the words reliable and proof in my quote...even dot gov websites post information about meth that is simply propoganda and used as scare tactics. so, if you can actually find proof that the methamphetamine (specifically the vapour) causes rotting teeth, tooth loss, enamel loss - go ahead and prove me wrong.

also - how would it be explained in your logic, someone who uses methamp ROA IV or rectal and has issues with their teeth?

You still will get dry mouth regardless of ROA. Any abuse without proper precautions is going to result in the typical "faces of meth" side effects.

Smoking just so happens to be much worse for the teeth as the vapor is not friendly to them.
I don't see a point in continuing the debate beyond what has been stated.
"Prove me wrong" type statements are not worth any merit as unfortunately the original point has not been proven right either.

Last edited:
apparently you missed the words reliable and proof in my quote...even dot gov websites post information about meth that is simply propoganda and used as scare tactics. so, if you can actually find proof that the methamphetamine (specifically the vapour) causes rotting teeth, tooth loss, enamel loss - go ahead and prove me wrong.

If you read HERE, you will see that I mentioned "smoking/smoke" as the ROA.

also - how would it be explained in your logic, someone who uses methamp ROA IV or rectal and has issues with their teeth?

Therefore I can't explain "someone who uses methamp ROA IV or rectal and has issues with their teeth?", because I never said anything of the sort. My post isn't about "logic", it is about facts, my own experience and to answer the OP in HIS/HER thread.
I will update you on the "reliable proof" about Meth Vapour's effect on enamel ASAP.

Peace.

Edit - "Meth mouth” typically begins with the yellowing of the user's teeth and rapidly deteriorating enamel “flaking” off from the underlying tooth structure. Repeated use of the drug eventually leaves the user's teeth looking grayish-brown or black stained, decayed to the gum line, and often nonrestorable. The rapid destruction of tooth enamel is thought to be a result of the heated vapors released by toxic chemicals produced while smoking methamphetamine".

The above quote is from a book called "Treatment Planning in Dentistry".

Source

Last edited:
If you read HERE, you will see that I mentioned "smoking/smoke" as the ROA.

Therefore I can't explain "someone who uses methamp ROA IV or rectal and has issues with their teeth?", because I never said anything of the sort. My post isn't about "logic", it is about facts, my own experience and to answer the OP in HIS/HER thread.
I will update you on the "reliable proof" about Meth Vapour's effect on enamel ASAP.

Peace.

Edit - "Meth mouth” typically begins with the yellowing of the user's teeth and rapidly deteriorating enamel “flaking” off from the underlying tooth structure. Repeated use of the drug eventually leaves the user's teeth looking grayish-brown or black stained, decayed to the gum line, and often nonrestorable. The rapid destruction of tooth enamel is thought to be a result of the heated vapors released by toxic chemicals produced while smoking methamphetamine".

The above quote is from a book called "Treatment Planning in Dentistry".

Source

Shreddedlettuce for the win.

If you disagreem explain why your mouth flesh is immune to this corrosive vapor that burns enamel but somehow your lungs are immune
decalc.jpg

Acidic drinks will erode enamel with little to no effect on the soft tissue. Smoking vapours are corrosive enough to damage enamel. Add to this the dry mouth and I would say the biggest threat from smoking meth would be demineralisation, particularly around the brackets. This usually results in white spot lesions around the area of the bonding. It happens commonly with people with less than ideal oral hygiene but does also occur in bulimics with braces. You will not be aware of this until you remove the brackets from the tooth.

Your general health is often affected by the lifestyle and poor nutrition so this will also effect your oral health. The risk of damage to the brackets from grinding is also a problem.

Renz, would you agree that while the vapors may have an impact, that they might be perhaps 20% of the issue in comparison to nutritional deficiencies, bad oral hygiene and then the dry mouth being the 80%.

My logic tells me that vapors strong enough to damage teeth would be immediately painful or noticeably damaging to the fleshy parts of the mouth in a way that it would be unsmokable if it where strong enough to damage teeth.

I could be wrong though and happy to be corrected? Is there some info on the mechanism the vapors damage the teeth i can check out?

EDIT: Ahh I see I must some relate info above so I guess ill look into it in more detail.

Oh and this is my 666th post. So anything above may have been channeled through me from some darker entity however the content seems to be ok.

Last edited:
I am glad I primarily IV'd methamphetamine when I used it. And I'm also glad I don't use it at all anymore.