• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ordered 2 oz of kava extract, some questions (as usual)

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
30% kavalactones, I guess it's just some powder sprayed with them, or something to that effect. The kava subreddit seems to heavily frown upon extracts especially this particular type since there's a Chinese website that sells it in this form, but it might be more sketchy? Or the guy is just mildly racist or something lol. This particular guy is quite a smartass and isn't pleasant to interact with. At any rate, I don't know if any of you have tried an extract like this, I was talking with someone who said they're 220lbs and half a teaspoon was enough to feel really good, which is like 1 gram or something.

@AutoTripper

I'm once again summoning you for if you've tried this lol. I still have the medium grind and I've yet to get a strainer and do all the stuff correctly. Seems like a bit of a process, I mean probably only 10 minutes or something. I have a wire mesh and some rags but I'd risk getting root in the stuff so maybe that's not the best move. I finished my micronized which honestly sucks ass and wrecked my stomach, so then I bought tinctures from my local headshop, basically had to drink half or the whole bottle to feel pretty good. It's potent but $15 for a good kava buzz isn't that worth it.

I only wanted to try it because it seems that kava reduces my severe tinnitus exponentially or rather the kavalactones, there like 1.2mg of kavalactones in it in all. I'd also finished my last 15g of micronized which even after days of getting my stomach back to normally fucked me up all over again, but now I'm good again. I don't know why it helps my tinnitus that much but it does and this seems to be a common thing in users. The extract I only got because it seemed like easy prep, just a tiny bit and I feel pretty nice.

As soon as I stopped taking it my ears began ringing so bad after weeks of improvement, and I'd taken kava for weeks. It seemed to make sense, and it's been going back down. The extract probably won't arrive until mid to late this week as the website had no shipping option (free shipping but I would've paid more to get it sooner).

Otherwise if I'm impatient, maybe someone has a ghetto kava straining process. I've heard wire mesh can work but I'm not really sure how it would. There aren't many posts on it and the ones that exist aren't pleasant and imply a lot of root would get into the drink. Some people can somehow take it plain without stomach issues.

Oh one more thing, about "instant" kava. Is this literally just finely ground powder? I'm guessing yes, that's what I thought the medium grind would be. But some vendors show instant as micronized while others say it was extracted from liquid or something and is a finer powder.

Last edited:
I have a data point... likely not a good or dependable one.

I took a large amount of Kava Extracts once, some of which were homemade (isopropanol), and I got scary sick. I did it because I had no pot and I had a significant pot habit. so, I was chasing a high which I could not get with Kava.

Anyway, I'm sure it was an extreme overdose of something, but I was sick to my stomach and had Parkinson's like symptoms. Tremors and tongue thrusting, yadda. I was terrified.

I've never heard of this anywhere else and I would love input on what it might have been.

Prolly won't apply to you. Just throwing that out there. You can't satisfy a THC itch with only Kava, I know that.

Yikes, maybe it was from that Chinese site or something. I guess it is pretty bad stuff. These extracts have to be dosed at like 1-3g, so if you took a lot more than that I can imagine it fucking you up really hard. Your experience reminds me of when I had mild serotonin syndrome before when I took an antibiotic that increased the blood plasma levels of the anti depressant I was on (Cymbalta) which neither my GP or pharmacy warned me about. I was so nauseous and shaking and tremors, heart beat going wild. Thought I was going to actually die.

30% kavalactones, I guess it's just some powder sprayed with them, or something to that effect. The kava subreddit seems to heavily frown upon extracts especially this particular type since there's a Chinese website that sells it in this form, but it might be more sketchy? Or the guy is just mildly racist or something lol. This particular guy is quite a smartass and isn't pleasant to interact with. At any rate, I don't know if any of you have tried an extract like this, I was talking with someone who said they're 220lbs and half a teaspoon was enough to feel really good, which is like 1 gram or something.

@AutoTripper

I'm once again summoning you for if you've tried this lol. I still have the medium grind and I've yet to get a strainer and do all the stuff correctly. Seems like a bit of a process, I mean probably only 10 minutes or something. I have a wire mesh and some rags but I'd risk getting root in the stuff so maybe that's not the best move. I finished my micronized which honestly sucks ass and wrecked my stomach, so then I bought tinctures from my local headshop, basically had to drink half or the whole bottle to feel pretty good. It's potent but $15 for a good kava buzz isn't that worth it.

I only wanted to try it because it seems that kava reduces my severe tinnitus exponentially or rather the kavalactones, there like 1.2mg of kavalactones in it in all. I'd also finished my last 15g of micronized which even after days of getting my stomach back to normally fucked me up all over again, but now I'm good again. I don't know why it helps my tinnitus that much but it does and this seems to be a common thing in users. The extract I only got because it seemed like easy prep, just a tiny bit and I feel pretty nice.

As soon as I stopped taking it my ears began ringing so bad after weeks of improvement, and I'd taken kava for weeks. It seemed to make sense, and it's been going back down. The extract probably won't arrive until mid to late this week as the website had no shipping option (free shipping but I would've paid more to get it sooner).

Otherwise if I'm impatient, maybe someone has a ghetto kava straining process. I've heard wire mesh can work but I'm not really sure how it would. There aren't many posts on it and the ones that exist aren't pleasant and imply a lot of root would get into the drink. Some people can somehow take it plain without stomach issues.

Oh one more thing, about "instant" kava. Is this literally just finely ground powder? I'm guessing yes, that's what I thought the medium grind would be. But some vendors show instant as micronized while others say it was extracted from liquid or something and is a finer powder.
Hi. Well, again my only sensible advice. Make sure if using Noble, use a real kava strainer.

Bad move to ingest the layers of indigestible fibers filtered by 75 to 100 micron mesh, minimum IMO.

It IS a process yes. But it's yet been to work for you. When it is figured and tailored out it's a ritual and the task fades to dishwashing.

Using blender makes strongest, with sunflower lecithin and some warm water.

40 to 50 grams Noble over few hours, well blended then importantly strained through a kava strainer, is the way.

Now Instant kava, No. Lol. It's not just finely ground, it's ready to go pure dehydrated kavalactones, or at least the entire ingestible matter no need to filter.

Way friendlier to the stomach vs Micronized same deal too, just get it in you any how.

I'd try that, before you decide if Kava can work for you.

Realkava are good legit too I heard.

Sadly few US sellers ship to UK.

Correct strainer prep and dose.

Kneading is fine too if no blender I just feel blender is most psychoactive.

Use plenty like 60 to 80 grams in big bowl make it worthwhile it can roll over.

Just make it available. Will last a whole day/night 1st knead not overdoing it, put aside less water 2nd knead.

And having a good instant kava along side for mix match & flexibility really adds to it all IME.

That's my advice! :)

Okay shower time. Kava first!

I believe also, apple cider vinegar activates kava.

Get a real Mother one, prebiotic, alkalinsing and huge digestive benefits too.

40 to 50 grams Noble over few hours, well blended then importantly strained through a kava strainer, is the way.
man, I agree with you that it's probably "the way", but doing 40-50 grams makes it so expensive, specially if you aim to use it more or less everyday.
in my case at least I feel pretty good with 25-30 grams

man, I agree with you that it's probably "the way", but doing 40-50 grams makes it so expensive, specially if you aim to use it more or less everyday.
in my case at least I feel pretty good with 25-30 grams
I concur, but the original 60's hippy slogan re LSD also applies to kava, not to every psychoactive equally that "an underdose is worse than an overdose"

For me kava's a bit like driving a four wheeler up a hillbank.

25 grams can have me in a nice spot sure on way up, it varies constantly though.

But many cases I'll not reach the summit, to look back on the now worthwhile climb behind, fade of gravity and the scenery.

So limiting myself would only be a tease.

I'm living a pretty desperate existence, needs are huge and atm I'm lucky situation wise to be able to medicate my mind and body through it.

On the extracted versus synthetic debate: synthetic is always safer when done right. "Natural" sounds nice, but plants/fungus are unpredictable. Whatever the plant, you have no way of knowing if it is a strong batch, weak batch, or bad batch. You have to guess how strong it is, and what other compounds come with the active ingredient.

When synthetic is done right, you have a clean, known dose, of a single known product. That's almost always best.

That being said, that only applies in the bubble of hypothetical. In the real world, people cook up sketchy batches of synthetic anything, especially in China.

Tl;dr either way it's a gamble.

Yeah you have to use way more medium grind so 50g seems like a fair amount to use if you wanna get really krunk. Does it really take hours to strain though? I've seen a YT video where the guy did it in less than 10 minutes. Although given I generally only needed 10g of micro, 25-30g of medium might suffice. It certainly would waste a lot of money to use massive amounts of it each time, this stuff ain't cheap. The extract seems like it should last me quite awhile though.

Seems this strainer bag isn't all that good though. I mean, it's good in the meantime, but bad on my vendor for not having a strainer bag with the medium grind, I guess this is pretty common for many vendors. They do sell strainer bags separately but they really should've added a complimentary one for first purchase of medium grind or something. Well known vendor but not great customer service and terrible at getting back to you. So I'll do what I can with the cheap Walmart strainer for now but meantime use the extract. Someone knowledgeable was at least able to let me know the extract I got is good and safe.

But that bit about instant vs micro @AutoTripper , you're saying they are different then? The vendor in question calls micronized instant (it's absolutely, 100% not lol). In retrospect, straining micro is probably better than not. It's too clumpy and muddy, kratom doesn't even come close to how bad it is.

Many vendors sell micronized but call it instant, because you don't need to strain it. This is wrong and misleading.

Micronized is just finely ground kava with all root taken out, so you don't need to strain because the stuff that makes you sick is taken out. Finely ground leaf matter.

TRUE instant kava is kava that has been brewed and then distilled. Essentially all the physical plant matter was taken out. It's basically a water extract via some distillation process. It's very potent by weight because there is zero plant particles. Also very expensive.

Yeah I was watching a vid of a guy comparing instant and micro, he strained the micro and it left a BUNCH of gunk behind. That same gunk made me unable to shit for a week and otherwise made my stomach not always happy, and he recommended straining it.

The extract came in today, excited to try it tonight. It warns you on the packaging that it's very potent and says try 1/8 of a teaspoon, I only got up to 1/4 so I guess I'll use half of that, or I'll just use a whole 1/4. Minimum recommended doses don't usually do that much but we'll see, probably would start with half 1/4 and wait like 10 minutes or something and see how I'm feeling. Unfortunately I got shorted about 6-8 grams, it's 2oz but my scale only showed 54g and the bag probably weighs 5g. It's a heavier bag than most kratom I've ordered, just the top piece you rip off weighs a half gram. I've asked the vendor for a partial refund, I'm not gonna go about returning it because it's already too late having taken the top piece off and I'm antsy to try it. Tinnitus has been really bad every since I've stopped using kavalactones (had some tinctures from my local store recently).

I wish I could handle this substance but my stomach rejects it around 50% of the time and as the vomit spews out, my nose will bleed

Kratom is better for me

They should make a pharmaceutical kavain based benzodiazepine alternative, maybe even combine with allopregnanolone

They should make a pharmaceutical kavain based benzodiazepine alternative, maybe even combine with allopregnanolone
There actually was a pharmaceutical kava extract being sold in the EU in past decades (before 2005 or so) but the corporation fucked up and used non - noble kava or something and some people got their liver damaged. Nobody wanted to take responsibility and kava got banned from the market. In some countries like Switzerland it's even illegal to import kava root now afaik :(

What effects do you get from allopregnanolone?

So this stuff is weak as hell. It cautions over the potency but I took WAY over the recommended dose and feel nothing. So not only was I gypped but I also paid $60 for 1/8 of the bag to be missing and it also being weaker than kava capsules from a headshop, pretty disappointed with that vendor. Clearly they did something wrong with this batch.