Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Oral Tincture Salvia Experience

whiteroom67

Bluelighter
So I had heard a lot about Salvia and to be honest after hearing everyone else's experiences, I had NO desire to try it. People taking a hit and freaking out and not even knowing what the hell is going on. That certainly did not sound appealing to me, but as a self-proclaimed psychonaut I could not just ignore it forever.

Then I figured it out. After doing some research, I came to discover that the Mazatec Indians would chew the leaves, and ingest the active ingredients orally. The idea of holding a bunch of leaves in my mouth for a long time didn't appeal to me either, but then I came across a tincture - a full-spectrum extract of Salvia called Sage Goddess Emerald Essence. I ordered it immediately upon discovering it, ready to immerse myself in the Salvia world - finally, the RIGHT way, the traditional way, the way the Mazatecs do it - minus the mouthful of leaves. It is a gentler, milder experience than the smoking method, and it lasts longer too, at least an hour or 2. I will say first that I tried a lower dose a few months back with my brother, but it was nothing spectacular. It reminded me a little bit of ketamine, but nothing crazy or interesting. Then again, the lights were on, and my brother got chips and made a lot of noise eating them. Who eats chips while tripping on Salvia? My brother does, apparently. Anyway, it was distracting, and it was a "whatever" experience. I fell asleep soon afterward.

Well recently, I got around to trying it again, this time with more care put into set and setting (never underestimate set and setting!). I also did more. The first time I did 4 dropper fulls of extract mixed with 3 droppers of hot water. This time I did 6 dropper fulls of extract with 4 droppers fulls of hot water. I swallowed any remaining saliva in my mouth, and prepared it quickly before shooting it under my tongue. Oh, the burn! It was like Listerine times 10, and HOT. It wore off fairly quickly though, after 30 seconds, it didn't bother me anymore. It says that one is suppose to hold it in their mouth under their tongue for approx 15 minutes before swallowing, so that's exactly what I did. While holding it in my mouth, I went upstairs, turned off the lights, turned on my lava lamps and closed my eyes while laying on my bed. Within 5 minutes I felt it. I could already tell it was going to be stronger than the first time. By the time 12 minutes came around, I couldn't wait to just swallow it. It was seeping out of my mouth down my cheek. Ugh. But then the 15 minute mark came and I swallowed. Finally!

Once the distraction from the mess in my mouth was gone, I was able to relax, but I didn't even realize how tripped out I actually was. I was thinking about everything completely differently without even realizing it. A girl I knew texted me and said she couldn't go hiking the next day. I immediately saw a housing structure of some sort, like a pagoda. It apparently represented my life, and this seemed completely normal to me at the time. When I got that text. The mid-right part of the roof exploded, and a strange fist came out of nowhere and started replacing it, because I realized that since an event/part of my life was destroyed, a force from the outside (something beyond our dimension), is going to fill in that space with something else and rebuild the structure, or my life rather. Again, this all seemed completely normal to me, like this was a normal way to see and perceive things. That is what I mean when I say I did not even realize how tripped out I was. I saw my life represented in visions, and how everything in our lives was put together by transdimensional beings, including ourselves, but from another time (in the past I suppose. It is strange because I got this strange intuitive realization on DMT also, except I was more aware that it was a perception cause by the DMT, whereas this time I didn't realize I was on Salvia and felt like this was "normal". It was almost as if past, present and future were all combined, and this even included before I was born and after I died. There is this place of infinite time and space where our lives are created by ourselves and others, before we actually experience it as we do in this reality/dimension/time/place/whatever. Eventually, I came down, and realized how similar the experience was to DMT, especially my first DMT experience. The visions look different, and the feel is slightly different, but the "truth" and revelation was the same. Almost as if through psychedelics we are all lead to the same "truth" yet in different ways, through different paths. My Salvia experience has only further confirmed my spiritual beliefs. How can 2 completely different substances tell me the same thing just in different ways?

All in all, I am happy regarding my Salvia experience. It was truly remarkable and unique. I enjoyed it also because it was not too overwhelming, but more prolonged and very insightful, which is exactly what I was looking for by using the tincture as opposed to smoking an extract. I highly recommend the oral tincture method as opposed to smoking an extract. This is how it was meant to be used, and I feel my experience proves that.

Hi, that sounds like such a great and amazing experience. I dabbled with Salvia one time. I smoked it in a bong with a regular lighter and nothing happened. Then I used a torch and got a humongous hit and I literally cannot describe what comes next because it is completely unrelatable to anything in this dimension. Despite that, YES! You summed it up very nicely: "There is this place of infinite time and space where our lives are created by ourselves and others, before we actually experience it as we do in this reality"

Very well put, my friend. Have you read my trip report on DMT? It's more of the same lol :p

Yeah it's weird how the two seem to teach the same just in different ways. I haven't read your report yet I will check it out.