• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Oral Actavis Morphine 60 mg - First time - First heaven, then hell.

Pulp_Fiction

Greenlighter
So, about 2 weeks ago I got my hands on 2 30 mg Actavis Sustained Release Morphine pills from a friend of mine. Now keep in mind I have no opioid/opiate tolerance(I did 15 mg Lortab approximately 1 week before this.), so at the time I didn't realize that taking 60 mg of morphine was kind of a higher starting dose for someone who is only 119 lbs. Anyway, I took the two yellow pills out of a blue, weed-looking bag, if you will. I at first really wanted to snort them but I decided to take them orally after researching online and because the hydrocodone made me pretty nauseated, so I took the safe way. I filled a cup with water at my kitchen sink and placed both pills on my toungue and swallowed them. After, I went back into my room, sat on my bed and watched Bates Motel. About 30 minutes in there was not many visible effects that were noticable, except for what felt like a light blanket of warmness wrapped around consciencness, but other than that I felt nothing, physically. 1 hour into the high was when the effects became prominent. I felt a light dizziness in my head like my brain was rolling around. My body felt like it was in the most comfortable sitting position, it even made me kind of reluctant to get off my bed. About 10 minutes later I finally decided to get up and get a cup of water to relieve some of the nausea, which actually worked well. While I was filling my cup with water, I realized that moving around was bothering me so I quickly went back into my room. Anyway, I really felt the effects after about 2.5 hours. I felt heavily sedated and could barely keep my head up sraight, my body felt like pleasure was radiating off of me so blissfully, as if I was a walking cloud. It was arguably one of the most intense episodes of euphoria I've ever experienced. About 1.5 hours later the morphine seemed to take a complete detour and turn on me. I felt like shit. I felt extremely sensitive to noise and light, along with intense nausea. These effects persisted for about another 30 minutes, until I vommited 4 different times in the span of 5 minutes with my head out my bedroom window. After vomitting, I did again 2 more times 20 minutes later. The high lasted for another 2 hours and the rest of it felt ok, with the same cloudy sedated head nod feeling, but I still had some mild afterglow nausea which was mildly annoying. So, overall it was ok, but I reccomend that if anybody with no opiate tolerance try this that they take less than 60 mg, stay hydrated and also, don't fall asleep while being high on this to avoid vommiting in your sleep. (Also, DO NOT SNORT THESE IF YOU HAVE 0 OPIATE TOLERANCE!!). I would for sure try this again, although I prefer hydrocodone.:\

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_morphine
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
You're lucky to get such strong effects from an oral dose, it was my understanding that morphine isn't very active orally (something like 10%BA).

Morphine's BA is 20%-40% taken orally. And I also did them on an empty stomach lol.

Reminds me of a quote (by who exactly I forget, was in the romantic period I believe) ''opium will show a man heaven, and then hell'' something like that, more poetic than I made it sound anyway.