Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Opium - Experienced - The Real Deal

"...i get high with a little bit of help from my friends."

this is one of the best threads I've read about raw opium. +1

...........the hunt begins!

this is one of the best threads I've read about raw opium. +1

...........the hunt begins!

Buy some seeds over the net and make your own.

It would be quite a cool little project to start and you know exactly what your smoking.

To me, the main thing that distinguishes opium from imposters is the "spiderwebbing" when you pull it apart. 8ft high- We don't have to import opium from asia or mexico to enjoy it, believe it or not westerners have figured out how to grow poppies as well...:p

Also, to the OP, like a previous poster said, real opium smoke should be easy and comfortable to hold in the lungs.

I miss it so, fuck pharms when mother nature's got the good stuff..

Growing my own poppies as we speak! For decorative purposes of course...:)

Poppies are hardy, easy to grow, and can withstand colder temperatures than most plants. While they're technically illegal to grow in the US, they're largely ignored by law enforcement when grown in small numbers (not fields) and are far less recognizable than marijuana plants, peyote cacti, or other "obvious" drug plants. They can be grown indoors or out and prefer lots of sun. They do best when planted in late winter (after last freeze)/early spring or even in the fall, as they thrive in colder temps as seeds.

I planted a bunch of seeds in a large pot on my patio, watered it once, neglected it for a week, and was met with about 80 sprouts when I checked on 'em. This was in early February, when it was still cold. I've thinned them down to the healthiest 7 or so...they're doing pretty well for an unsophisticated patio grow!

No that was not opium

Can you grow P. Somniferum inside?
Yes it can be grown indoors it has relatively small roots as well.

Real opium does not smell at all floral or "good enough to eat" It also does not "spiderweb" when pulled apart. This substance that Smells good and floral and "spiderwebs" when pulled apart is an incense called Laxmi Dhoop. In highschool I smoked about 3 grams of this incense and fully beleived it was real and wouldve written a similar report. I went on beleiving it was real opium when I again came across it at a festival and my whole group of friends smoked alot of it the whole time and beleived it was real. Then a year later in college one of my friends comes over with alot of it and I bought some. my friend and I began to realize no matter how much we smoked the high did not change and remained "subtle" and our eyes ever became pinned. We googled it and found out about laxmi dhoop incense and we even ordered some. It came and it was the exact same substance as i had seen so many times in the past all over the east coast of the US. I believe sometimes it may be cut with fentanyl patch gel as i am experienced with smoking that and the few times when the fake opium got us high it was a fentanyl high (cold and clinical and strongly sedating). However the majority of the time it is just the uncut incense.

Here is a link to a site selling Laxmi Dhoop Incense. I reccomend everyone who says they have smoked "delicious floral opium" buy some I promise it will be the same exact thing and you already know you love the smell.

http://www.incense-man.co.uk/incense120.html

Everytime I hear someone tell me there opium taste like flowers I just think it can't be real opium. I'm pretty sure it's tar mixed with incense.

I smoked Opium on many occasions in Cambodia/Loas and it never smelled or tasted like flowers?

Seriously, I was smoking opium right in the Golden Triangle and I was expecting it to taste like flowers but was surprised as it in know way smells floral the taste was like a bitter liquice kinda taste

Think about it does poppy seed tea smell floral? . . . No it doesn't.
It's not the resin that smells floral it's the plants pollen and why the fuck would pollen be in your opium.

Also from how you describe the affects it sounds far too strong to be opium. I remember sitting down smoking for an hour straight trying to get a knod. Sure I got pretty high but it had nothing on heroin or Oxy.

Firstly I have grown, ordered and collected opium poppies for years until the last few years when I switched to Sub after they stopped selling the AZ purples and all bread seed poppy pods on ebay. I usually grew the hungarian blue and turkish varieties. Collected in states where opium poppies are commonly grown for ornamental purposes like Washington state.

Raw opium I watched being collected from hungarian blue, giganteums, hens/chicks, persian whites, turkish crosses, and Tasmanian varieties all smelled like flowers or floral like when smoked. Bread seed poppies or the papaver somniferum variety produce a sap when damaged or when the pod is sliced. This dries and most certainly has a floral smell that smells nothing like dragons blood incense. It tastes extremely bitter and numbs the lips.

I have only smoked raw opium as cooked opium takes large amounts of raw opium to produce. It also supposedly has a floral smell and extremely bitter taste just like raw opium. This is routinely referenced in british 17th and 18th century literature that discusses opium dens or the smell of opium. Cooked opium is just raw opium purified by dissolving the raw dried sap in water and then straining the sediment. This is as far as I know.

I come from the days when we used to order the pods off a common auction site for extremely good prices. I used to grow poppies and collect poppies in Washington. Raw opium after being dried smells floral like or like flowers when smoked. Now it tastes like horse radish and aspirin and numbs the tong. Cooked opium in other countries which is just slightly more refined usually then raw opium should also smell floral like. "Confessions of an opium eater" also references the smell of opium as floral. So just stop. Opium smells floral like and tastes extremely bitter period. Heroin smells like vinegar and burnt sugar kind of. Very easy to tell the difference. Also opium smoke is extremely thick. Much thicker then dragons blood or black tar. It is thick like smoking ready rocks.

Smoking raw and cooked opium most certainly can cause you to nod out. I proffered oral poppy pod powder. Now it is just to expensive to order pods and they are not as good as back when you could get the AZ purples from Yuma. Lastly buying opium on the street is likely to be fake even in other countries. So much of the opium goes to pharma or is tuned into an intermediate like morphine or finally heroin. It is just to expensive and makes no sense to bring it over. Now in some states I am sure there are people who make and sell raw opium or get it sent over from the middle east. Even sap from papaver oriental pods smells floral and tastes just like raw opium except one gets you high and the other contains no morphine and does not get you high. People commonly confuse the two varieties. Many times they think of orientale as being from Asia which is true and given the golden triangle but the orientale variety is not an opium poppy.

I had a friend visit family out in Thailand and he smoked some cooked opium back in 2002. Hew took 5 hits and got extremely high and "sick". He said he was nodding out and vomiting for hours. I offered him some poppy pod tea for the runs from a flue a year later and he turned it down because he was so scared it would be to strong. He later got addicted to Black tar and then died from a drug related incident.

Last edited: