• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opium eating or smoking more problematic?

KS78

Bluelighter
Which ROA causes faster dependence to opium?
Which route (eating or smoking opium) cause a more severe and lengthy withdrawal?
Thanks everyone.

The thing about smoking opium is, it's wasteful. If you eat it, the high is much stronger, and it lasts longer and is fully because you ate it, As such, I would imagine tolerance and dependence faster by eating it, since it would be affecting you for a greater time. But it also depends on frequency of use when smoking it. If you're toking it every 30 minutes, the same amount as you could have eaten at once might produce more dependence.

Either way opium is super addictive so be careful.

Thanks. I'm trying to be careful.
How long do you think that I would notice withdrawal starting after the last oral dose if Ihave been doing this for a week (I take about a 7 milimeter diameter ball)?

A week? From nothing to maybe 3 days of feeling a little ill, like a cold but with more mental moodiness. After that a couple days of feeling a little down, slightly depressed and it's over.

Now that's one or two balls a day. If you're eating them every 4 hours or so for a week, then it's going to be a rougher ride on the on the quitting side.

Oh that's not too bad. You might be glum for a couple days but I don't think you'll be needing the Suboxone or methadone just yet. :)

Being as cautious as I can. Used to be an iv H& coke addict 10 years ago. We have a saying in Istanbul: If you burned your mouth drinking soup, you better blow on the yoghurt before eating it:)