• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Opioid antibody vaccine

Even if it somehow was able to distinguish between our bodies natural chemicals and the long list of drugs.. what will the person end up turning to?

Puritan by vaccination... what a gross concept. I’m glad I’m old enough not to be terrified by this.

Disaster is likely the ends of this folly and it’s no joke as real good people will shoulder the disaster

I haven't read that particular article but an opioid vaccine should be able to distinguish between our own endorphins and exogenous opioids pretty easily, their chemical structures are totally different.

IIRC there initial idea was to make a vaccine against morphine and its analogs (specially heroin). Though I presume the same vaccine wouldn't work against fentanyl analogs since they have a very different structure.

Don't really know what to think of it though... Just thinking about the government(s) forcing some people to vaccinate themselves against a recreational drug makes me sick. In a distopian future I could see babies being vaccinated against many popular drugs.

Edit: that foxnews article is complete bullshit though, 100% propaganda.

Last edited:
The second I saw it was Fox News red flags started throwing everywhere.

Best case, shouldn't this be considered a "fentanyl vaccine"?

This is just a shitty Walmart brand bandaid over the 6 inch wound gushing blood that our current situation is

It’s not gonna fix the real problem, safe supply would be better

That's my honest to God true hope, a safe supply of clean pharmaceutical Diamorphine. Picked up from the clinic once a week, legally as an alternative to my Methadone. The thought of someone forcing an Opioid Vaccine in some dystopia future really freaks me out quite frankly. Seriously hope the war on drugs ends at somepoint in my lifetime, we have already made alot of progress concerning Cannabis, Ketamine, Psilocybin and MDMA.

the horror. the horror.