Opinons needed

Josh8130

Greenlighter
I am an off on user so to speak. I dont go out looking to score drugs at all. But i am totally not clean. The VA provides in patient long term rehab center. I want to get fully clean and sober of alll the alcohol pills etc. Should I enter the program now that I am jobless and get it over with? I want my drug use part of my life erased

a 28 - 31 day program isn't going to put the drugs behind you. it's basically up to you when you come out to not use.

I am sure the program offered would be beneficial if you choose to do it.
Let us know what you decide!

Why not? If your goal is to stop completely and you think this program will be helpful, then it sounds like something to give a shot. What reasons would be holding you back?

a 28 - 31 day program isn't going to put the drugs behind you. it's basically up to you when you come out to not use.

The OP said it's a long-term programme - I don't think 30 days is anyone's definition of "long-term". No matter how long or short the programme, it's still up to the OP not to start using again.

I would suggest this, when my best friend was back, the VA not only got his habit going - but offered him a way out with there program. I can ask him any questions you might have before going in if you would like, I'm sure he would be more than willing to share his experience there as it more or less saved him from a massively destructive course.