• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opinions Needed on Oxycontin vs. Dilaudid

hdz

Bluelighter
Can someone tell me which is stronger or gives more of a euphoric effect? I understand Dilaudid works for about 4 hours, most people have told me, while oxycontin lasting a bit longer, is that correct. I really just want to know which one has more pack of a punch to it. Btw, is 4mg Dilaudid for $20 a reasonable price for Dilaudid, I can't get oxycontins. Opinions welcome, thanks!

Dilly's are worthless taken orally. Do *not* pay $20 for a 4mg pill. Especially if you had planned on swallowing it. You may as well grab some darvocets if you're gonna do that.
Dilaudid is only to be IV'd. Something I have not yet had the privledge of doing.
To make this as simple as possible, see if this helps:
(based on my own experience)
20mg of *crushed* oxycontin, oral-
Absolutley wonderful. For about 45 minutes I was in heaven, after that I just felt nice.
12mg Dilaudid Oral.
Absolutle waste of time. I felt like I had taken a few Tylenol 3's.
I know someone who has IV'd Oxycontin, but it is not reccomended. It's got alot of other stuff in it you don't want IV'd.
So it really depends on what you're going to do.
If you don't like needles, by all means get the contin.
If you do, get both. IV the dilaudid, (in a safe manner) eat the contin another day.

$20 for a 4mg Dilaudid is a good price (and I am talking about the Knoll tabs - not some generics, there *IS* a difference) .. but as SL said, if you're not going to inject it (IV) then forget it - you're $20 would be better spent on a sack of weed or an ecstasy bean ..
Oxycontin is the better choice - but you must snort these...
As for euphoria - there are few things more pleasureable then blasting a 4mg Dilaudid..
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

Oxycontin brand oxycodone is great to IV. I've heard people say over and over again that this shouldn't be done but nobody has offered any good reasons for this. I've been steady poking oxycontins for almost 2 years now and I've never had any problems.

Look at the way the Oxycontin "solution" looks right before you slam it. Theirs all the reason your looking for....

Well just because your not dead doesn't mean that you don't have a few candles worth of wax (or whatever polymer type binder they use) in your veins.

From the Oxycontin package insert -
OxyContin consists of a dual-polymer matrix, intended for oral use only. Parenteral venous injection of the tablet constituents, especially talc, can be expected to result in local tissue necrosis and pulmonary granulomas.
It's not a scare tactic - the pills are made to withstand the hell that is the inside of your stomache, you don't want them in your veins!
------------------
"When I saw the extent of my empire, I wept, for there were no more nations to conquer"

Hmmmm...thanks for that. I guess I'll stop IVing these things. Should I be worried? In two years I've poked thouasands of these things. At one point my tolerance was such that I could go thru 600mg in a night. Would filtering thru a cigarette filter be enough to remove the talc from the solution?

Try filtering it and examine it to see if there are other things in it, the oxy should go into solution but the others might not. Swallow the solution and make sure it still had the shit it, and then if it seems to not have a lot of crap in it like before, you MIGHT try a small injection, as you say youve injected thousands of the whole pills, and the ratio seems to be pretty high im guessing a filtered solution would be much cleaner than the 1000 whole pills youve done so far, did you notice any reactions or abnormalities when you shot the pills? if not it may be safe enough although im gonna have to still reccomend you dont try shooting pills especially oxycontin or time release shit, theres so much other shit that you dont want to fuck with. Dilaudid is probably dextrose and other normally present substances in your blood, they use dextrose in injections as well. Thats probably why Knoll's are safe but the others arent, they probably have talc or chalk or something in them.
Peace
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."
My AIM: Thetripdoctor (im always on, Trust me)

From rxlist:
4 mg hydromorphone hydrochloride (yellow tablet) and D& C yellow #10 Lake dye, lactose, and magnesium stearate.
lactose is a sugar like dextrose, thats why its safe and usable.
------------------
"As your attorney i advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine."

I haven't injected thousands of whole pills. I crushed'em up, added water and heat, filtered and then slammed. I'm wondering if the filtering was good enough so that I dont have to worry about talc and associated problems or if the talc would pass thru and get into the point / my vein.

evaporate the solution carefully and look at it and tell me what it looks like
Peace
------------------

d's are good IM, oxy's seem to make me feel more "toxic" or something..