• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox opiates, opiates, opiates

Kicking opiates calls for all out war so to speak. Everything is on the table. Yes, with suboxone, if you have diligence and willpower, take the calendar out, do some math, and plot it out.

If that's not an option then arm yourself with every possible natural way to get through it. Some of this is obvious. Exercise, long walks, an otc sleep sid when needed, hot baths, calming herbs and teas. Some of it is unproven, but if you can handle kava, valeria, other supplements that can help beain chemistry from 5htp to gaba, theanine, etc. Avoid stimulants, even caffeine. Keep yourself busy, lomotil if needed. Weed if appropriate. Bring every tool in your arsenal and go to war. Ive heard very good things about kratom, but to a point. A 1-2 week strict taper to zero is probably the way to go.

Kratom is remarkable, but physically addictive in its own right. I am about to go to war to kick it as it's got a pretty good hold on me ATM. Considering DXM as a means to beat it. Or a smart taper schedule. I don't know. I am armed with every herb And amino acid u ever the sun, so we'll see. It's a shame that I kicked oxy only to get hooked on what feel is just as adficting.

I think Phee and Cj hit it on the head. It's just gonna be war. My problem is I've still been taking subs almost daily for 3 weeks since kicking heroin. I went without today and although the withdrawals are not like heroin wd, it just made me feel like I weighed 1000 lbs. I finally remembered I had another 4 mg of sub and took it. Sub takes about 3-4 hours to kick in for me at this point. It's been like that for months and that is why I decided to get off of it. I prayed that going back to h for a few months would have given my brain time to get rid of the subs but either way I'm just really struggling. So far I've gotten a little help with my daughter but ultimately I wish I could just lay in bed and get thru this, but I can't. I've had a few people suggest doing a methadone taper. I haven't done this bc I've heard that methadone is even harder to kick than subs, but if I go thru the clinic and do a quick taper then I'll be able to do so under monitor and maybe be more successful. I don't know. At this point I am so frustrated bc I was hoping that when I started off H 3 weeks ago I'd be home free by now, at least physically. I've been on opiates for going on 10 years but spent about 3 years on subs. I kicked them alone once before but drank for a month. I can't do that now. I do have all the rx and otc meds they give in detox and they just barely help. I'm so so desperate to be completely off everything. Anyone have a thought about going to methadone? Or should I just bite the bullet and be miserable in sub wd for the next month?