• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Opiate withdrawal help plz

steelers30

Greenlighter
Hi all! I'm new here. My name is Caden. I'm 31 male and ready to get clean. So this is my story. 9 months ago i was hit with an incredible amount of kidney stones. (Horrific constant pain) I have an underlying kidney disease so using sound waves or laser was out of the question. So they put two stents into both kidney. One part sits inside each kidney while the other runs into your bladder. Also a very painful experience so i was on hydrocodone 10/325 and oxy without acetaminophen 10mg. Long story short. They left the stent in too long and i ened up with a major kidney infection. Leading to me being hospitalized for 2 weeks and the stent removed followed by...yep. Two more months of pain meds. So here i am now!! Hooked and starting withdrawls. I did manage to do a really fast wean off of the hydros. I only took 5mg yesterday but im definitely starting to feel the withdrawals begin.. So i have ZERO help from my dr who prescribed all of these drugs. I was taking around 80-90 mg a day. But for the last 2 weeks i have cut that down rapidly bc i had no choice. Does she not have a responsibility to help me at all? I weaned which is hard to do but im terrified bc i was on them for so long. I have one 2mg suboxone that i have cut into .25 mg pieces (8 little pieces) ive never used suboxone before so any advice would be greatly appreciated. It has been 24 hours since i took that 5mg of hydro. I still have one 5mg hydro left. Should i take it and start the suboxone once my last pill is gone?? Is .25 mg of suboxone too much? I've read you start out super low and if you still feel bad in 60-90 minutes you take a little more. My problem is thats it. All i have. I live in fort smith ar and have no idea where i can get help. I'm anxious and my body hurts so bad. Stomach upset and freezing cold. Thank you for reading my post!! Please give me any and all advice you can as soon as you can. Thanks again.

9 months isn't that long. Grab some dxm and loperamide 2mg tabs and get er done. The first withdrawal is the easiest so you should be back to normal in no time.

9 months isn't that long. Grab some dxm and loperamide 2mg tabs and get er done. The first withdrawal is the easiest so you should be back to normal in no time.

I tend to agree. Don't blow this too far out of proportion. You have a few things in your favor. Your doses don't seem excessive and your usage was fairly short in the grand scheme of things. If you have access to benzos and weed that would be nice but not necessary. Take a few days off work and get some loperamide to manage the stomach issues. If for some reason shit gets crazy you can eat between 10 and 15mg of lopermaide and expect significant relief though it will probably prolong your misery.

The best way out is through you will feel right as rain in a week.

Thank you all for your reply. This is my 3rd detox off of narcotics. Not my first but this is the longest I've ever used and honestly for the last 4 months I was taking about 8-10 norco daily and about 40mg oxy at the same time. So no one has any advice on the suboxone strip I have? The withdrawal symptoms are far worse than my two previous times. My bones feel like they are breaking. Throwing up. Going to the bathroom no matter how much anti d I take. Freezing and sweating. Can't get ANY sleep. Anxious. Crazy runny nose and cough. Sneezing. Taking Benadryl for that. Zero appetite and nauseau. Symptoms get worse and worse as the day and night has worn on. I had pretty bad withdrawals a little over a year ago and I was taking half that dose for 7 months. If I should use the suboxone strip is .0.25 mg too much?? Should I start lower and see? Again. Thank you. Oh and I have a script for 60 5mg valium waiting at the pharmacy. Will taking a benzo just drag out or delay my withdrawal time frame? I'm sorry I didn't mention all of this before. Was at work and in a hurry. I'm not new to having withdrawals I am new to suboxone though and really need some advice on that and dosing. Also scary bc 3rd time in this boat and it's the scariest worst wd yet.

Last edited:
Start with .5mg of sub and work up from there. 2mg isn't going to go very far though.

I am not a medical professional, but my own experience having benzos, I got ativan prescribed, are such a gift for going through opiate withdrawal. Also, in your case, because you admit your anxious and scared, due to not having much support, I think you may feel much calmer, and be able to rest with the valium. Just don't take them enough to get yourself another addiction.... use them for the next 4 or 5 days, preferably to sleep at night, then take a break.
I am sure others with more benzo experience can add more info. I am sorry, I have not experience with subs, though. I am so sorry to hear that your doctor was not willing to wean you, especially after all you went through with your kidney issues. You have suffered, haven't you? Wishing you better health in 2016.

Okay crimson junk. I'll start off with that. I can be pretty tough. I don't need the subs for weeks. Just to help with the worst days. Thank you

P0kemama.. Thank you for your kind supportive reply. I really do hope the valium helps. It has to be better than going totally CT. I need rest for sure. I've had a very hard life and a very painful 2015. Unfortunately I'm afraid doctors write the scripts and once the issue is resolved they just wipe their hands. I truly believe so many of is get addicted bc of accidents. Injuries. Are handed these powerful drugs for months to years and then just leave you high and dry. It's a sad reality. I've never doctor shopped or gone elsewhere for my meds during being ill but these kind of symptoms sure do make your mind start to travel that direction. Takes a lot of heart and willpower to keep going. Thank you again for your message :) I hope 2016 is great for you as well!!

Thanks, Steelers! I am pretty sure once you take a valium, you will feel so much better! I am currently weaning off of oxycodone that has been prescribed to me by a pain management doctor, after first being in an auto accident, and then for knee issues. If you stick around BL, you will see that I am just about "always" weaning off the oxy's simply due to what you are experiencing...I have such a fear of having these addictive drugs just taken away suddenly, leaving us to suffer through withdrawal.

I was prescribed 20 mg oxycontin 2x a day, and I was able to quit taking them b/c they kinda suck, lol.
Also, they are so expensive, I couldn't afford them, even with insurance, since I have a high deductible plan. I am also prescribed 3 15 mg oxycodone a day, and now am down to 1 1/2 to 2 per day, but I do get sick for about 8 hours of the day...since I am just starting at this lower level. I am not very sick, but my stomach really hurts, and my head is weirded out, and I have no energy...same ole crap we all experience. I am so afraid to rip the bandaid totally off. But, financially, I need to.

My doctor doesn't take insurance, and charges $$$$ every month, and will not give us even two months scripts at a time, we have to go every month. It is sickening to see how packed the waiting rooms is at the office, and figuring out how much money his clinic makes. So, I have a lot of motivation to get this taper done, jump off, and get clean. It will probably be around another week or so of tapering before I am ready to face being clean. ( I really overthink this way too much, lol).

Feel free to PM me anytime.

P0kemama.. Thank you for your kind supportive reply. I really do hope the valium helps. It has to be better than going totally CT. I need rest for sure. I've had a very hard life and a very painful 2015. Unfortunately I'm afraid doctors write the scripts and once the issue is resolved they just wipe their hands. I truly believe so many of is get addicted bc of accidents. Injuries. Are handed these powerful drugs for months to years and then just leave you high and dry. It's a sad reality. I've never doctor shopped or gone elsewhere for my meds during being ill but these kind of symptoms sure do make your mind start to travel that direction. Takes a lot of heart and willpower to keep going. Thank you again for your message :) I hope 2016 is great for you as well!!

Doctors bank on people thinking they just got a mysterious flu all the sudden. They know that withdrawal won't kill you or even hurt you and if you aren't mentally addicted your body will adjust quickly. Good luck, you can do this. Find something to occupy your mind and get back in to pre pain med routines.

So i took one of my little 8 squares of suboxone that are .25 bc my sub strip was only 2mg. I really haven't had a ton of relief from it but i do feel a bit calmer. How long will the effects of the suboxone i took 3 hours ago last.?? I understand it has a long half life. Just trying to conserve sub squares and squeak by with using as little as possible and hopefully easing the withdrawal symptoms even just enough to eat or sleep. I got my valium today. Took one 5mg at 1:00 pm and literally did nothing for me except make my brain even foggier than it already is. Im so tired. I just want to sleep. Since im on such a low dose of suboxone would it be safe to take more valium?? Im aware it can be a dangerous combination but I'm nowhere near the "average" suboxone dosing. Also weird question maybe but i am FREEZING. Like frozen to the bone. 5 blankets on the bed. I do get hot easily with activity but for the most part im just SO cold. Do some people get crazy cold during W/D and others sweat more? I'm always very hot while using or even totally clean so this is weird and it makes the joint pain even more intolerable.

You'd be fine taking a bit more Valium. Since ur so far in to wd I'd think twice about using that tiny bit if sub u got, that's gonna set u back and delay the inevitable! Sub is a very strong opiate so watch out! Ur almost through it bro so just keep it up, u got maybe a day or 2 left so just do it brother! That sub stays in ur system forever and I've heard of peoe being sick for weeks trying to kick with subs when they would've only been sick for 4-5 days if they were doing a shorter acting opiate like oxy or heroin. Good luck and god bless bro!!!