• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Opiate withdrawal-Deep Dark Depression..

belfort

Bluelighter
someone mentioned the nasty lethargy that comes with opiate withdrawal and what rehab centers give out to help, seems like nothing..well what about the Deep dark depression that hits harder when you quiet and can sometimes last for months?ive kicked opiates on my own so i remember days and nights where i couldnt feel anything..nothing even penetrated the depression or emptiness, truly as awful 'non feeling' if that makes sense..what do rehabs or detox facilities give out for this?i assume some type of anti depressant but is there one which is more commonly used?i have a friend that is tapering and he feels this pit and combined with lethargy and he doesnt feel he can make it unless he gets on a strong anti depressants..he is on Citaprolam..wouldnt detox facilities try to scribe a more stimulating medication so the addict feel something to get himself off and moving?

i remember being clean off oxycontin for 5-6 weeks and still had this lethargic/depressed feeling and large amounts of caffeine and ephedrine didnt even budge it..

I find that community engagement and support along with medication is more effective than just medication. I don't have much to add in terms of answering your question though. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Exercise, nutritious food and PLENTY of water.

The main healer will be time, the above just speeds up the process.