• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Opiate withdrawal and Insomnia simple question

Faithh123

Greenlighter
Greetings folks ? simple opiate withdrawal question. Quit my Percocet cold turkey @ 2 weeksago. Been taking it off and on for 6years or so. Would only take 2-3 atnight every other night and never during the day. I took them because as a Parkinson?s patientit was nice coming home from work and feeling normal every other night. I know ?not a good reason for taking it. Welllast December I decided that my sleep issues were related to the opiate and Iwas just tired of using the opiate ? wanted to be clean. But I started falling later in December and reallywrecked my ribs, shoulder, arms from not used to the sudden Parkinson?s lack ofbalance that settled in so instead of coming off of the opiate I increasedbecause of so much pain. So by the timeI was ready to quit again and did quit cold turkey I experienced very little ifany of the normal withdrawal symptoms, nausea, cramps, sweating, etc. I had a little diarrhea on the 3rdday and that was it for which I thank God for. The 2 ?leftovers? are insomniaand RLS. I am beating the RLS by eliminatinginflammatory foods and it appears to be working, thank God. But this insomnia is killing me.
My big question. Iwas thinking because my withdrawal was light I was hoping my sleep would comeback sooner ? am I being unrealistic? BTW ? I?ve taking a ton of great supplicants since I stopped the opiateand eliminating any inflammatory-causing food/drink and replacing it with goodfood.
So then will I have to give my body more time to let itselfstart producing the dopamine, endorphins again since the opiates took tat fromthe body? Thoughts? Thanks

Any chance of getting a doctor to prescribe something for sleep, like ambien? Drug works wonders.

The insomnia can be brutal during self detox. KraziKat made a good suggestion. Even if you end up going to urgent care and see a nurse practitioner who cannot prescribe a controlled drug they can prescribe any number of sedating antidepressants such as Remeron, trazodone or doxepin. That said seeing a doctor and getting a Z drug or benzo is the best bet.