• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Tolerance

handszoom

Greenlighter
Hi, I was previously using oxys daily before I took a month long break. My typical dose was between 70-95mg. Now that I've been off for a month, what's a good dose to start back with? I know tolerance can decrease after a month of no use but I still wanna have a good time.

How long were you using them daily? I would start with 10mg and see how you feel, and then judge your next increase in dosage based on that.

You know yourself better than we do, just start small and take it baby steps, just in case. Please be safe.

How long were you using them daily? I would start with 10mg and see how you feel, and then judge your next increase in dosage based on that.

You know yourself better than we do, just start small and take it baby steps, just in case. Please be safe.

I was using them daily for about two months. My tolerance had built up quickly. 10 mg is way to small of a dose for me to start. I only have a limited amount for this one high and don't want to keep "testing" low doses because then I eventually won't have enough to get any type of high at all.

That's your decision, I just have a problem telling people to jump right back into semi-regular doses. If it were me, and I'm not saying you should do this, but if I was in your shoes, probably 40-60mg. Hard to answer that, I don't know what kind of oxys you mean, or your weight or sensitivity to them. Oxycodone? Oxycontin? Oxymorphone? XR? IR?

Did you have withdrawals when you quit? How long until you felt normal?

People that have never taken opiates can handle 10 mg but if it's been a solid month with no use I think you will get what you are looking for with 20 mg. If after 45 min it's not enough take another 10. Or snort it so you get a faster effect.

I would imagine that with that little of opiate use, that your tolerance has dropped substantially. The only problem is, it stays low for the first couple times and then your body says, yeah I remember that stuff, and your tolerance quickly reaches the point you were at before quiting. Unfortunately.

I tapered down and quit about 2.5 years ago after using absurd amounts daily for about 7 years at that point. I quit for 17 days but couldn't handle both my pain and the PAWS or whatever was making me feel terrible. So I took 1 4mg dilaudid to try and knock the edge off my pain. Surprisingly I got a bit of a buzz and the next once or twice I took it. My tolerance went straight back to what it was and within 3 weeks I was back to using the same 120mg of oxycodone that I had been using at a time.

You really should only try to use once maybe twice a week or less. Or your tolerance will skyrocket and you will have to deal with withdrawals again. Once a week should prevent those things from happening for the most part.

Good luck. Start a little lower than you think to be on the safe side but take more if you aren't feeling what you want after 35-45 min and you should get what you're looking for with a little patience.

Last edited: