• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiate tolerance gone

zagor

Bluelighter
I used and abused very high doses of oxy for 3 years. Then I had to switch to suboxone for a year. I am still on it but I have tried to use oxy again without suboxone but there is zero feeling. I kept trying it for 4 months but nothing no matter the dose. And when I switched to suboxone my tolerance wasnt gone only quite high. So how did suboxone kill it?

Could it be possible that the agonist/*antagonist* nature of the sub semi-permanently altered your brain chemistry or neurological structure? Sometimes the brain can rewire around things and it is possible that you had worn out those receptors or angle on oxy in your brain and the sub brought that out. Just my thoughts since I just made a post and I have had some neuronal reorganizations and dispositional changes in my life. Sometimes even if you want to enjoy something you can't anymore because your brain has literally changed.

I have no idea what it did but I only was able to find 1 person online who had the same thing happened. He never again could feel opiates after suboxone. Alcohol neither. I haven't tried alcohol though.

I would take it as a blessing and move on but I dunno if ppl on this forum like people to tell them things like that.

I used and abused very high doses of oxy for 3 years. Then I had to switch to suboxone for a year. I am still on it but I have tried to use oxy again without suboxone but there is zero feeling. I kept trying it for 4 months but nothing no matter the dose. And when I switched to suboxone my tolerance wasnt gone only quite high. So how did suboxone kill it?
Are you trying to take oxy while on suboxone? I think there is a blocker in the suboxone to stop people doing that so you won't get high.

No he is saying that now that he has used suboxone for a year and now uses it intermittently he cannot get any response on oxy no matter if he is using the sub or not. OP how much sub did you use for the four months you kept trying oxy?

are you still on subs and just stopping for a day or 2 too try using oxy? You might need to wait more than 2 days without sub to begin feeling oxy esp if your usual sub dose is like 16mg or smthn

No he is saying that now that he has used suboxone for a year and now uses it intermittently he cannot get any response on oxy no matter if he is using the sub or not. OP how much sub did you use for the four months you kept trying oxy?

None. I just used oxycodone. It did nothing except causing akathisia. I could have quit it cold turkey without any withdrawal effects but suboxone helped the akathisia so I continued it.

And I know if I go without suboxone for a week now, I cannot feel any opioids whatsoever.

You will eventually feel it. But the subs need to stay away for much longer for certain people. I knew someone that was on subs for around 5 years. He eventually switched to methadone because he was desperate to get high. I remember it was a good 2 months before he felt right after those subs. And on a huge dose.

Think of it as a gift like the above said. You blew your opiate receptors out so hard, been playing with antagonists, you cant feel anything. You need to calm down for now, and let your brain return to homeostasis.