• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Open house dealer has moved in next door.

spacejunk

Bluelight Crew
I had a run-in today with a woman that had let herself through my front gate, yard, garage and banged loudly on the door.
I missed this - but arrived home as she was leaving.
She said to me "oi, you got any wicks (sticks of weed) or what?"
:sus:
I'd suspected a few times recently that the tenants next door (state housing family, moved in a couple of months ago- who i otherwise have no problem with) were dealing. I never cared it's a bit of a laugh; but it's becoming apparent that they're running an open-house, sell-to-anyone tyoe deal.

I'm totally cool with living next door to dealers, if;
- they're discreet
- they keep their business to themselves
- their customers are unobtrusive
- we all just mind our own business.

But the fact that this woman today was knocking on random doors abound the general vicinity (it's not even next door to my house, but in the back of the subdivises black next door - so totally) wrong house) and just straight-out asking for drugs (obviously assuming she had the right house - and that i was the dealer) - making it a pretty obvious open house set-up, as she was most likely there via word-of-mouth; dealers with any sense of self-preservation would never sell to random blow-ins; but these people will sell to anyone - whether they know you or not.
I asssume this is out of mutual desperation - or having nothing to lose; but i can only assume.
Having always bought from good sources, i've never had the (dis)pleasure of trying to score drugs like this - because it reeks of desperation and risk.
I don't know if the "open house" phenomena is something that happens all over Australia, all over the world - or if it's some local thing.
Basically, the amount of risk the seller takes on (selling to total randoms who simply rock up at their house) is mitigates somewhat by the obscenely expensive/stingy deals these places are known for. Never been to one, but here you get way less drugs, for way more money.

So anyway, they've got some pretty heavy traffic going in and out - which honestly i don't care about - but having randoms coming into my yard and aggressively asking for drugs is not cool.

Besides the obvious discomfort it brings to my partner, having random people hanging about, is my own discomfort at having any sort of heat from police (etc) around.
I don't engage in any seriously illegal activities - but nevertheless, do not welcome Mr Plod sniffing around my joint or the general vicinity.

I don't sell drugs - but i don't want to be the subject of a police raid, or police attention, simply because i'm leaving the general vicinity of a suspected dealer's house...
Nor do i want to deal with the kinds of people that tend to be drawn to open/house set up; people desperate and prepared to take a risk or get ripped off - not to make unfair stereotypes, but amongst the users i know, people would only go to this kind of dealer! if they were really hard-up to score.
I don't know what they're selling (weed by the sounds of it, but who knows what else?) but either way, its a quiet street that is suddenly full of conspicuous comings-and-goings.

Normally i'd be cool with any drug dealing going on (except meth manufacture) but for various reasons i don't want to live right next to this open-house.
Word has obviously spread since these guys moved in - more it's become more obvious by the day; but i got totalc onfirmation today.

Which leaves me in an awkward situation.

I'm not going to snitch of these people. Lets clear that up straight away!

Now, i told the woman in my front yard not to come back - "you got the wrong house, lady!"

Is there an ethical way to approach this, with respect to wanting to avoid the social problems this kind of open house deal can bring - without fucking over the dealer, who (except for their total lack of subtlety or discreet customers).
I assume that people dealing so brazenly probably either dont care or have little to lose - so i'm reluctant to say anything to the neighbours/dealers.
I considered writing them a note, just saying "had someone knocking on my door asking for drugs the other day. I don't know or care if anyone on the street is, but think it anyone is they need to be careful, because that's too obvious"
...but i don't want to sound threatening.

Also, there is a motorcycle cop that lives 2 doors down from them (and 3 doors down from me).
I don't want to cause anyone any problems - legal or otherwise - but i don't know how to approach this.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

What do you do?
Mind your own biz and hope that in future, people stay out of the front yard (and refrain from nicking your bike/tools/various shed stuff)?
Say nothing and hope the next case of "mistaken house identity" isn't in the dorm of a police raid?

Under what conditions would you take some kimd of action (knocking om tbeir door, letter in the mail, etc)

Would anybody contact State Housing? This is not something iam considering a as everybosy needs a house to live in - and these guys have little kids.
But i know there are a lot of people desperate for that housing too. But i ain't no snitch, and i believe that minding your own business is an important virtue, to be followed whenever possble.

But if people are creeping around looking for this dealer's house, and ending up in my front yard......it makes 'turning a blind eye' somewhat impossible.
We joked about the suspicious dealer's next door, before today - but now i don't know how to approach if.

Warn them to be more careful?
Offer friendly neighbourly advice?
Offer anonymous advice
Ignore them?
Ask for drugs or money to keep my mouth shut?
Snitch like a little bastard?

Obviously those last two aren't totally serious (i'd never snitch!) - and if it were just me living here i'd probably just ignore them....maybe even try to get to know them - but the orher members of the house are most uncomfortable with tbeir presence.
For me it not the obvious drug traffic taking place, but the random clients it is attracting - people with no drug etiquette whatsoever; massive liabilities and not the sort of people i want snooping around my shed either.

i'm sure someone else can relate to this?

It's sort of a dilemma - in that all of the options i see inaction/friendly tip etc - could potentially make things worse, or more complicated.
I'd like these folks to be more careful - but i dont want to make things weird or worse by opening a dialogue with them. I've never met the tenants themselves - just see lots of their "visitors".
Frankly i dont give a damn about them dealing - its just the open house thing.

So, enough of my rambling - any thoughts on how best to deal with this - or just ignore them?

stay away. be friendly a cordial, but purposefully remain ignorant of their situation.

People like this are a security risk, so don't get tied up in their shit if at all possible.

Good points.
But what about their hangers-on?
I've never so much as laid eyes on the residents, as far as i know.

But not getting involved is indeed sound advice.

Good points.
But what about their hangers-on?
I've never so much as laid eyes on the residents, as far as i know.

But not getting involved is indeed sound advice.

Sorry, mate don't really know what your talking about. Have a nice day.

Be friendly, but distant. I personally don't answer my door if I dont know who it is.

I didnt answer the door - nobody did.
some woman made her way through 2 gates and a shed to bash on the front door, freakin' out the women i live with.

Not sure what is so hard to understand?

By "hangers-on", i mean the sort of people likely to turn up to my house to buy drugs.
I don't sell drugs - so their presence is unwelcome.

I'm essentially asking if anyone has any thoughts on discouraging this activity - selling illegal drugs to random people from your State Housing home - without conflict, risk, snitching, police intervention etc.

As for being "friendly" - who to?
The neighbours i've never met?
Or the people i don't interact with, who enter - then quickly exit - this house (presumably to score).

Again, i dont care if dealers live next door.
But the "open house" thing has a whole other vibe from more sophisticated dealing operations, where dealers know their customers, and vice versa.

Last edited:
Well I have plenty experience with them places

Considering she asked u for weed and it's a an open house, all they are moving is most likely bud. No crack/smack houses are that open for obvious reaons.

The tricky bit is that a lot of crack/smack users also smoke choof so no doubt you will have some of those types lurking about- if you have a copper a few doors down he's most likely (some people are caught up in their own shit sometimes, switch off at home) gonna twig on to what happening if he's a half competent copper. Lol. The fact that rough looking ppl are there could alert that harder stuff might be around and that will bring all the heat in hell hahha under covers parking around all that bullshit

But, if there is none of these types around and the customers look like regular people it could very well go undetected. Although the manner of that woman would Indicate might toke shard who know

Okay YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT TO DO? This is my advice coming from living in/around drug houses for a while, with many near scares with cops etc

You go talk to owners, nice and chill, (assert yourself but don't act hard) explain what happened, how ur cool with whatever is happening but defs not cool with rowdy customers (some of whom could bring associated crime to the area etc)
And give them a heads up about old mate in blue down the street, which might give them the kick up the ass they need to cut some rogue customers off.

If you're a really quiet dude who wouldn't feel comfortable face to face (even though you'd basically be up there to favour them) then a note outline the above content would suffice

Dude - that is the best post i've seen you make on BL - and i agree with you.
The vibe is not one that gets on my smack/meth radar - though you're absolutely right - the woman that did ask me for weed did have a scattered shardy vibe about her.

Good insight.

As as for the friendly chat thing - i think you're right.
If i get a chance to have a yarn to the folks that live there i might give em a friendly heads-up.

But yeah don't stress man.

One crack hiuse near me made it hell to sell weed for a while cause they brought crazy traffic to my area and my guys were getting pulled over lucky they didn't look junky no drama lol

These type of open house weed set ups are proliferate all over Australia.

They usually are known for dodgy deals (like the bare minimum, sticks bearing weighing a gram etc)

Sometimes tho u find a gem and it's actually a really good place
M

Thing is though, they always attract junkies and especially if they on at night, crackheads will be swarming there to get late night buds for their scat

SO ANYWAY

Best idea is to do as I said, be confident and chill, and Come at it from
An angle looking to help them too.. Notify them of the blue on the street and that wil very likely make them wanna change tack and sell only to those they know. Plus a rowdy customer like that causing grief for neighbours, dealers hate cunts like that, it fucks around with many things, they will be happy to hear from you. As long they are somewhat reasonable themselves.

Cheers man, this is the kinda thing i was wanting to discuss here.

Nothing against dealers or people that buy from open houses - but it did freak out the people i live with to know what people were coming into our yard, looking for the open house.

Remember one of my mates came away from an open house years back, with a tiny bud in a bag you'd usually get a point of meth in.
From memory he paid about 3/4 more than what you'd normally pay for a stick (that's as specific as i can be with prices, but you get the gist....). Bullshit expensive - total rip-off, but yeah i've hears the odd 'fair deal' can be made in open houses...but i'm lucky to have good mates to score and hook me up with good weed so i've not had to ever run rhe open-house gauntlet.

But i appreciate your advice regarding a friendly chat - "look, one of your 'mates' knocked on my door and gave my girl a fright..." and/or "Just so you know, the bloke living at end house down there is a copper...

Cheers. I was live harmoniously here - but also not have to deal with a loose dealing operation that causes all other kinds of bullshit that surrounding residents have to deal with.

I hope you're doin alright, canberracrack? We were starting to think they'd locked you up and thrown away the key....
Take it easy mate.

Last edited:
If it gets any more annoying I'd drop an anonymous note in their mail box typed up saying it's become apparent there is drug dealing going on here, quite a few residents have noticed, if it continues and is not toned down the local police officer may get involved.

Signed, local residents.

^ Good idea, just don't let them see you being the one to do it.

I really feel for the poor kiddies being raised by those people in that environment.

Le sigh :(

^ Good idea, just don't let them see you being the one to do it.

I really feel for the poor kiddies being raised by those people in that environment.

Le sigh :(
Me too - and it makes certain people around me (peripheral to the situatiom) want to snitch them out, but i don't want to play it that way - for many reasons; including the traumatic effect it would have on the kids.
Yeah true, one could always post it to them to avoid being spotted.
Fortunately they're in a back block so the chances of them seeing me doing that are low.
But i think i'd rather talk to them in person, if possible - to let them know i'm not against them and am (otherwise) cool with them being there.
Some folks around here are less welcoming to indigenous families living in state housing, but i don't give a damn about that.
Don't care who comes and goes, but the open-house thing isnt cool; there are much smarter (and safer) way to sell ganja without having such an affect on surrounding residents.

Yeah, being removed from the home will probably be even worse for them. Just a shitty situation really.

I personally wouldn't approach these people directly unless I absolutely had to - even though it may be well-intentioned, they may not take it that way. People can be total nutbags and it could potentially result in more trouble for you and your housemates.

Great point Mel, and very true.
We'll see how it plays out.
Mr Plod on the corner may already have his eye on these cats.
Its a tricky sutuation, and i'm not sure what to do.

I would knock on your door, introduce yourself as a neighbour and explain that some one came knocking looking for drugs and wonder if they knew them. Perhaps be more concerned about strangers around your property than the drug dealing. You can approach them without being threatening and there is every chance that if they are not dealing they may welcome a friendly face.

You don't need to accuse them of anything, but simply making them aware that you noticed odd movements may be enough to cause them to become a little more discrete.

^ thanks, that's another really good reply, cheers.
Of course i have no proof, and thast thing I want is to be seen as a snitchy neighbour (an impresssion i feel some have picked up from the fact that i started this thread at all).
Dealers don't (or shouldn't) want the kind of customers that knock on random neighbours' doors asking for drugs. That's crazy.
And obviously i wish these people no harm - but just have a sense of protectiveness towards the women i live with, the safety of our place.
I used to live in an apartment block that was a very popular red-light district for street prostitution (among other dodgy places i've lived) so i'm pretty streetwise, but i worry about my gf etc, especially given the aggressive vibe of the woman i spoke to.

Thanks for the responses guys. Most helpful. Your average Joe would say "duh, call the cops" - so it's good to get a range of opinions.

...thast thing I want is to be seen as a snitchy neighbour (an impresssion i feel some have picked up from the fact that i started this thread at all).

If anyone has that impression even after you've explained over and over that you'd never snitch, then they're stupid.

Reckless open house dealers that have no consideration for anyone other than themselves are absolute morons that give us all a bad name. To have kids in that environment is just total bullshit as well, and a depressing situation all round. I'd be absolutely furious if this mess landed on my doorstep - everyone has a right to feel safe in their own home and due to the actions of these people, your housemates now feel threatened.

You're handling this with much more compassion and understanding than most people would that's for sure.

stay away. be friendly a cordial, but purposefully remain ignorant of their situation.

People like this are a security risk, so don't get tied up in their shit if at all possible.

This.

Not sure about the hangers on/random visitors but maybe just calmy tell anyone that turns up wrongly that they have the wrong house and you have no idea where the place is they are looking for (so there is no way you can be involved.). And maybe If you can, let the neighbours know that you have strays turning up so maube be clearer about the address etc. I wojldnt like it either.