• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opana safer than heroin?

delusionalquill

Greenlighter
Is OxyMorphone safer than Herion judging on causing brain damage and also based on negative side effects on both drugs? I know someone who went schizo from herion use. I againist using heroin but I can get Opana and I really want to do some because its much cleaner than such street heroin.

Its only safer because its pharmaceutically pure. If you had pharm grade diacetylmorphine and took in equivalent dosages, one isnt safer than the other. Its all the other crap in street dope that causes issues.

Yes^. And if you haven't ever done opiates, I would suggest starting at a very low dose with oxymorphone (opana). It is one of the strongest opioids there is, every bit as strong as pure H, possibly even stronger... but with a different feeling to it. They aren't very strong taken orally however since they have a very low oral BA, but they are very good when insufflated and the bioavailability is much higher when done that way. I used to love when I would come across opana, they were usually the old formula 40mg ER yellow tabs, and it was always rather uncommon for me to come into it here where I live, but when I did it was a real treat for me. Even 5 to 10mg of the 40mg pill would have me so faded. And I had a large tolerance for oxycodone too at that time, which didn't even phase the opana... So even if you aren't opiate naïve, I would suggest starting small.

Running Opana vs the brown or white your going to find in Chicago, Opana is far safer if you know how to use a rig on either account. Opana ER or IR (preferred IR) Oxymorphone you know what your getting, how much your getting every time. Using street at 1700 a bird you have no clue of the cut, heroine content etc. Always better to run pharma than street.

Been prescribed Opana 40 & 20 x 2 a day, with 10 mg for brkthru 1-2 every six hours almost ten yrs. Always snort my IRs, (yeah why waste such a good runnable drug, I have my reasons), anyway last fill was white vs pink first time ever!! They crush down like a rock, nowhere near the quick blood brain barrier rush, made by Roxane and they suck. Anyone know why Walgreens dispensed these vs my nice powdery pink ones?

Thank you yall for answering. Also can opana fuck you up mentally when you withdraw from using it?
What exactly do you mean? like are you talking long or short term, being mentally fucked up? I wont lie, Opana withdrawls are some of the worst I have ever had, for real, because they are so strong! So yes, you will probably be hating life and mentally be a mess from opana withdrawls short term, however I don't think they will ruin your mental health in the long run... I don't see why any opiate witdrawls would ruin your mental health for the rest of your life or something, just while your experiencing them, you will me an anxious mess wanting to do anything to feel well again and craving the shit out of your DOC whatever opioid it may be... The less tolerance to opiates you have, the less long the withdrawls will last and they wont be as bad as if your an everyday opioid user, especially if you don't do a lot of the opana you get in one go, like just 10mg or something..

Well in that case I guess its possible, but I never have actually witnessed anyone have permanent brain damage or long term damage from using strong opioids like Opana, for instance. I know 100s of people who use or have used strong opioids daily, and none of them have had permanent damage done, or even long term, not like that... just your typical addiction issues, like craving them after not using them for years... lots of my friends have relapsed more than 10-20 times, luckily I have managed to avoid doing it more than 2 maybe 3 times switching between buprenorphine maintenance and back to opiates... I have no idea if I will ever use them again. Addiction can strike at any moment, even being sober for 20 years after being an addict, something can cause people to go back to using opiates. That is the only thing that you definitely have to worry about when getting into opiates, also over dosing that is obviously the biggest problem that can come out of using strong opiates! Tread lightly down the path of opiates, if you haven't yet taken that walk. Anything can happen, apparently as you posted OP even long term brain damage and mental issues. Be careful! Although you seem pretty well educated on the potential problems that can arise from opiate usage.

Also delusionalquill, have you done opioids at all before? or would this be your first time trying them?? If you have never done them, I would highly suggest trying something a little less strong than opana, but if your dead set on opana and have no tolerance, use no more than 2-5mg to start! no joke opana is mind blowing strong! not so much orally it is rather blah when taken orally, but everybody I knew who did it including myself, sniffed it in small pieces around 5-10mg at a time and would be destroyed for hours, with a high tolerance to opiates.

It's not that cut and dry it's more predictable is more acurate if you're an idiot it can be as dangerous or more where as heroin may scare the naive away due to stigma ..... Paws is discussed as a type of withdrawals usually much longer mainly in ones head in my experience this could be interpreted as fucked up mentally

Ive done Oxy's and Hydrocodones quite alot but recently not, so I have no tolerance. Yeah thats a good Idea Imma just start really low like 2-5 mg. Thanks man for warning me I appreciate your help.

Yeah man... And if for some reason it doesn't work at that low of a dose, it probably wont hurt to do like 3mg more until you feel good... but trust me when I say opana is STRONG, and even people with a tolerance like me would get rocked from doses as low as 5mg... I think opana was probably the best opioid I ever tried in my opiate using days, actually it was the best, I mean maybe I had some better H a couple times if it was really good stuff, but as far as opioid pharms go, opana was without a doubt favorite. Wayyy stronger than oxycodone or hydrocodone.

they both are equally as dangerous in my opinion, as far as which opiate has the least risk for adverse side effects, I would safe heroin is the way to go, I'm not to familiar with opioids however I do know some prolongued use of opioids can cause serotonin syndrome, delirium, and a whole range of problems being synthetic analogues...if you had pure oxymorphone powder and pure heroin, I'm sure oxymorphone may be more potent and faster acting which can be dangerous