• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

One more word about getting high with loperamide (Immodium)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't give a shit if he does or doesn't but he certainly doesn't do it because oxy doesn't work for him. We're talking about one of the most successful opiates ever. I should have never come to his defense earlier in this thread.

Johnny blue said:
I don't give a shit if he does or doesn't but he certainly doesn't do it because oxy doesn't work for him. We're talking about one of the most successful opiates ever. I should have never come to his defense earlier in this thread.

He doesnt even make sense when he says lope makes him high, but oxycodone doesnt. one DOES go thru the BBB, quite easily.

johanneschimpo said:
p-GPs serve an important body function; I know that I wouldn't want to mess with them. If you could do it sufficiently, I don't know how dangerous it would be when you "take down" the BBB, and I still don't know if it even would allow loperamide to cross if anyway. I do know that if it did work, these people that are taking 100mg of loperamide would be overdosing all over the place.

So:
In theory, the p-glycoprotein method may work (on paper), but its never been proven (AFAIK), it sounds dangerous to inhibit, and there are way easier/cheaper ways to get high then eating 50 anti-diarrheal pills.

I almost feel guilty or something for perpetuating this thread but I wanted to get a word in on glycoproteins. As Johanneschimpo mentioned, "glycoproteins serve an important body function." Actually, GP's serve in many critical body functions. The term "Glycoprotein" doesnt just refer to one specific type of protein. There are many different GP's doing their jobs in your body at any given time and if you were to interfere with them(via a GP inhibitor) it may be difficult to determine which GP's you would even be messing with. Therefore you might not be so quick to just "inhibit" their function.
I too am interested in the fact that loperamide is a potent opioid agonist and have been for quite a while. However, I've been unable to find any actual conclusive evidence that suggests loperamide has any recreational value, save a few reports. There are reasons it is OTC, indicated for diarrhea and is not scheduled as are other opiates/painkillers.

Johnny blue said:

Well, I said I was done with this thread, but I saw the recent reply (I was hoping that everybody would just leave it alone) and like a drug, I had to come back again.

Johnny blue, this thread isn't some kind of contest or war of wits or some attempt by me to deceive people. I don't get my kicks by making outrageous threads full of lies. I've been here at Bluelight for years and If you went to my profile and checked all of the threads I've made, you'd see that I'm not one to make grandiose claims or blatantly ignorant posts. I'm mainly known on these boards as a person with extensive experience with poppy seed tea and tramadol. Anybody who knows me at all knows these things about me and knows that I'm not prone to telling outrageous lies. That's a pathetic thing to do, to try to garner attention at online forums by making up lies, and I'm not a pathetic shut in who craves attention and tries to get it any way he can. I'm a 37 year old man who shares a house with his brother, I have a regular job managing a store, I have friends and family who I'm close with, I have a dog, I have a computer animation degree, I play guitar and classical piano, and I'm a moderator at another popular online forum for video games and classic console emulation. I'm just a regular fucking guy (by the way, just for your information, I never abused drugs regularly until I was 33 and it started by taking darvons for tooth pain) who also happens to be an addict. And about that oxy you seem to think I'm lying about... here is the trip report I posted back in '04. Apparently, This guy had a similar experience to mine, so I guess he's lying too, huh? The general consensus seemed to be that when I snorted it, my nasal passages were too dry and it didn't get absorbed, and was therefore wasted. I also had a decent tolerance at the time, so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

Johnny blue, you say that you should have never come to my defense earlier in this thread. I assume you're refering to this post? Well, I wouldn't really call that 'coming to my defense' (you're giving yourself WAY too much credit there, buddy). After you 'defend me', you apparently have a change of heart and profess a certain expertise in 'detecting lies', and then you go on to call me a liar. I believe what you said was "I really think your reaching to defend this and am pretty positive your flat out lying at least to some degree. A good way I've learned to tell a liar is when someone details an explanation that no one asked for" (by the way, it's YOU'RE, not YOUR). Well, I'm not going to sit here and be called a liar without defending myself, but I'm also WAY beyond trying to convince anyone otherwise by actively arguing my point. I'll just say that I've been telling nothing but the truth since the beginning of this whole thing, I am not a liar, and if I gave more of a shit than I do, I might actually be offended at being called one. So as it stands, merely rebutting your accusation is enough for me.

When I made this thread originally, I only posted a couple of times at the beginning because I didn't have an internet connection (I used the University computers, and no, I'm not a student). Several months after all of this had gone down, I got my internet back and checked on this thread. I have to say that I was really surprised at the reaction I was getting from people. It really didn't cross my mind that there would be such an overwhelming wave of rejection and disbelief about this topic. The thread was closed at the time and I couldn't reply, so I made another thread in trip reports, where it really belonged (people there for the most part have reacted with more of an open mind, so a thanks goes out to all of them).

I have suffered a lot of derision because I was honest describing my experiences in this thread, and as a result my reputation here has suffered. Because I told the truth about my experience with loperamide, now a lot of people here think I'm a troll and make active fun of me (don't think I haven't noticed the title of this thread). Some people are taking potshots at me in unrelated threads, such as this post (I was kidding in that quote, by the way, I don't really hate the guy... I was just getting into the spirit of the thread, which is 'what do you think of each other in the lounge') and these posts. There are more, but I'm not going to dig them up. Those are just a few examples of the kind of crap that I have to put up with now because I was honest and, in restrospect, somewhat naive about how people would react.

Let me ask you this Johnny blue. Based on my history here since 2003, and the presence I have established as a generally normal thinking person, why would I want to subject myself to the ridicule and derision that I have experienced here as a result of saying what I've said and continue to say? I don't like being called a liar and having my credibility called into question. I don't enjoy being alienated and ridiculed. And I especially don't relish having to put up with the plethora of ignorance being displayed in this thread, along with the 'witty asides' being made at my expense in other threads.

I remember the original thread that was made a couple of years ago by somebody who also claimed that they could get high on loperamide. Based on the general reaction in that thread, I shoud have expected how people would react to this one, but like I said, I was naive. I expected that since I was confirming the other report, and also including a lot of detail about my expereince, that people would generally accept it. Man, was I ever wrong. And man, have I learned my lesson. Here it is, if anyone wants to take any benefit from it. Three things I have learned or been reminded about people as a result of all of this:

1. People, generally, are willingly blind and ignorant when it comes to controversial ideas and would prefer to jump on the popular bandwagon.
2. When a person is given the choice between considering or belittling a controversial idea, generally he or she will choose to belittle because it's the popular thing to do.
3. People don't WANT to change or consider their beliefs, especially if their beliefs are challenged and the alternative is unpopular.

I can't say that I'm enjoying this thread, but as long as it's open, I've decided that I'll continue to reply to the occassional asshole when required. Like I said, I'm not going to just sit back and let somebody call me a liar or offer any other type of derision to me personally without at least a standard rebuttal.

Last edited:
Wow this is, now, an old debate but can someone explain why the study of PGP blockade via quinine (very strong inhibitor of PGP) would fare any differently than total saturation of PGP with loperamide and then having any additional freely circulating loperamide perforate the BBB such as in the study I mentioned in my initial response (...a handful of subjects take a dose of quinidine and like 16mg of loperamide and show classical opioid side effects, including decreased respiration...)???

BTW: loperamide is very poorly absorbed, but almost twice as much is absorbed in the liquid form vs. tablet or capsule form...this does not automatically equal higher bioavailability.

Antidiarrheal agents: loperamide (Imodium)—meperidine congener (opioid); same abuse potential as other opoids; structurally similar to diphenoxylate (Lomotil) and haloperidol; initially, believed not to have opioid CNS effects because of poor bioavailability, however, CNS effects (euphoria, drowsiness) occur with high doses; respiratory depression and paralytic ileus occur with extremely high doses; nalaxone reverses toxicity; does not show on urine drug screen

Descriptions like this one are popping up with greater frequency. Keep in mind there are plenty of people who still deny DXM is psychoactive 'because it is cough medicine'.

I keep seeing the super-constipation argument being thrown around as if this were somehow worse with Loperamide than any other opioid; and opioid induced constipation is almost never harmful to the body. Is there any evidence that Loperamide is a special case as far as this is concerned?

The only other chemical that brings out this kind of venomous hatred is DXM- for the same reasons. Plus, the high variability in body chemistry (receptors, enzymes, etc) between people is enough to keep me from claiming this is impossible. Loperamide never did anything for me while sober, in withdrawal or otherwise, but if some say it works for them then fine.

wuh?

Loperamide will get you high if the strongest drug you ever took was a baby asprin. I have diarrehea meds called lamotil which is diphenoxylate. That is a stronger opiate than Loperamide and you have to eat a shit load of them to get high. Eating anti-diarreheal opiods is going to give you paralysis of the intestines or make you compacted. Ive been on opiods for years and no, there is no euphoria with immodium. And if you get it, its because you are opiate naiive. Even poppy seeds is mostly placebo. You can hardly get any alkoloids out of it. I had over 2000 papavier giganthemum pods and I made tea out of them daily and just barely got a high off the natural opiates like methyl morphine.
Happy Placebo,
sp0r

^^^^
Those type of comments are not helpful to anyone. Please take that crap to PM, so we dont have to see it. If you disagree with the poster, than state your side.

Malfunkion: Why don't you just ignore the flames/punches? I have posted in this thread several times, and no response from you. I will ask again. If you are experiencing euphoria from lope, don't you think there COULD be a health issue? Also, with the high amount of lope you are taking, don't you believe that those could be other side effects from high dose lope that may not be healthy? In response to your oxycodone statement, I truly don't believe that oxycodone WONT make you high. Maybe your tolerance is higher than what dose you took? IDK, its just hard to believe a potent full mu agonist doesn't make you high at all.

I registered on this forum at some point but no longer have the email address that I think I registered it to, it was my email for my former ISP.. so.. gmail for the win..

I will tell you though, I resigned up, I went to the damned trouble, just to come on here and tell you people that I read about loperamide, mostly the afformentioned posts and malfunk's posts about loperamide, and was reading about loperamide for w/d.. I got through withdrawals and was left with my pain, and one day, a week or so later, I decided to take the 25 that were left in my 48 bottle. I felt really really good, but decided it could be placebo. One unusual thing was present however that only happens on opiates and alcohol. I craved cigarettes. I only crave them on opiates and alcohol.. lol..

So I smoked some cigs, and even with kratom, cigs make me sick, it's usually only with pods or seed tea or.. percocet or something that .. Well with loperamide I was able to smoke them like I was on an opiate and enjoy them and not get a headache. This might sound sorta ambiguous, but I felt definite euphoria, while slighter than pods, but it was really GOOD for an OTC pill.. it also completely took away my pain for the duration, which I felt peaked around the 2 hour mark through the 3 hour mark..

That was weeks ago. Now tonight, I had diareah.. lol.. I know, that's gross, but I wanted loperamide specifically for that. I went to (something)mart (guess, I'm not sure of the rules here, rather not break them with my first post) and they had two 96 count bottles for like 10 bucks.. That's 192 2mg pills for 384 mg's of loperamide. Not bad, I mean.. well I'll continue..

I took 2.. then I decided, wtf, I'll take a bunch more. I took a handful then another. I have done this before with no stomach pains, and I usually shit the next day anyway. You guys, it's real easy to make poo-poo jokes, but try to cut the crap (HAH) for a few minutes to listen to this..

So when I counted out later how much was left, I had 66 left, so I took 30 all together about 15 minutes apart in like 2 handfuls.. so yea I took 60 mg's of loperamide, a synthetic opioid, get over the damn poop jokes.. lol

So I'm sitting around, thinking "that last time was too good, must have been placebo euphoria mostly.. lets see how this works, I bet it'll just make me sick this time" and then about 2 hours later I was like.. a little reticent to smoke blends (like spike99 that sort of thing) because it seemed to make the respiratory depression on pods or poppy seed tea way more harsh.. and I was in a full-out opiate experience by now. My face felt numb, I felt a little stimulated and quite euphoric. It felt really good, like a few percocets, and I really enjoyed it. It really helped take the edge off.

Oh and I preloaded 1 hour before hand, roughly, with 2 cimetidine, I believe they're like 200mg's..

So now I have.. 66 left in one bottle and 96 in the other. If I go with the 60 mg dose again other times, I have about 6 and a half doses for about 10 or 11 bucks.. Not bad if you ask me, I've paid more for other things that were no more effective, what you people would call 'real' pills.

I appreciate the OP, and I wanna thank you for the writeups and the bravery to do something different. I assure you this post isn't satire, this stuff also worked for me. Oh, and for the poopoo jokes, I went #2 about 40 minutes ago and it was actually not hard at all.. lol.. So maybe the higher dose you go the less it constipates you somehow or something. That or it's the cold I have. Either way, it took away my groin pain I've had for months (the reason for pods and poppy seed tea in the first place) and made me feel quite nice, even with the cold I have. I suggest other people give it a shot, or at least take it a little more seriously as an option.. I mean, if you have better stuff fine, but this stuff could really get me out of a bind sometimes when I get the worst of my headaches or groin pain (dont ask lol...)

So yea.. not just something to turn your insides into charcoal. It actually gets me quite high twice now, which is usually enough to show it's not placebo for me, and is quite enjoyable. Just think of the first people who laughed at the thought of using DXM? "Oh, you won't cough for a year! DERRR"

So at least try not to harp on the whole "it can't work and will never work, good luck shitting" argument.. some of us seem to get high from it and I don't think it's placebo effect. I've known myself to be succeptable to the placebo effect, we all are, but usually only my first time trying something. This second time was quite incredible. Gonna give it a rest of a few days then try again.

Edit- Oh and I lurk here from time to time, but yea I had to reregister.. I dont know if I ever posted on my previous account.. lol.. Also, I remember reading a million people telling my poppy seed tea doesn't work. Some of it doesn't, but you get the right ones and they do work. I'm pretty sure no one debates that now, that poppy seed tea can work, but I definitely remember a few years ago even, people ridiculing people for saying it worked, and usually these people are trying to HELP you out, by telling you about a new potentially exciting option for your personal perusal.. That is all, I hope you guys think about it..

Last edited:
rentmitchum said:
So yea.. not just something to turn your insides into charcoal. It actually gets me quite high twice now, which is usually enough to show it's not placebo for me, and is quite enjoyable. Just think of the first people who laughed at the thought of using DXM? "Oh, you won't cough for a year! DERRR"
DXM, in high doses, is classified as a dissociative hallucinogenic drug. DXM has nothing to do with lope, they are completely different drugs. Loperamide is an opiate, which has the potency almost equal to fentanyl. It also happens to be too large to pass the BBB. We are going to believe science before trip reports. There is the rare case of a weakened BBB, but I hope you would re-frame from taking loperamide due to OD risks. I really doubt your the rare case, so my conclusion is a strong mental high.

Putting the "P" in placebo for 37 years.

In any case, if it psychologically works for some, more power to them. I an tell you that I have tried it 2 separate times (at ridinkulously high doses) during WDs and it barely stopped my shits-worse, it gave me stomach cramps.

sp0r said:
Ive been on opiods for years and no, there is no euphoria with immodium. And if you get it, its because you are opiate naiive. Even poppy seeds is mostly placebo. You can hardly get any alkoloids out of it. I had over 2000 papavier giganthemum pods and I made tea out of them daily and just barely got a high off the natural opiates like methyl morphine.
Happy Placebo,sp0r

Poppy seed just a placebo? Where do you think morphine and codeine and paperavine and thebaine etc..... come from? There can, and most likely will be much more than just methylmorphine in the poppy or even just in the seeds, assuming youre working with decent enough opium poppy(Papaver Somniferum) pods/seeds/stems. I have heard many accounts of success where simple poppy seed washes or pod tea has yeilded powerful results. And as far as Loperamide induced euphoria, or at least analgesia, I dont think it is COMPLETELY out of the question. It is, after all, a full mu agonist and was created to be a potent painkiller .

Last edited:
sixpartseven said:
Loperamide DOES cross the BBB, just in very very very small amounts.
In the case of loperamide, I see the BBB as the US-Mexico border. Although this example is counterintuitive - Mexico is the brain and the US is the body.

^But if Mexico is the brain and the US is the body, what would illegal aliens or migrant workers be classified as? Strokes? Aneurysms?

swybs said:
Putting the "P" in placebo for 37 years.

In any case, if it psychologically works for some, more power to them. I an tell you that I have tried it 2 separate times (at ridinkulously high doses) during WDs and it barely stopped my shits-worse, it gave me stomach cramps.

I tried it to in spite of the OP. All I got was was stomach cramps and I shat out fucking sparks 3 days later. Fuck that shit.

Hey op maybe its time you address one of the other 80 percent of people in this thread who said shit to you. I didn't ask who you were or what you experience is. I don't care how long you've been here or who you live with. And I don't appreciate being singled out because you've been here longer than me. I'm sorry that your so hurt by what I said but your 37 get over it already and answer someone elses fucking posts.

william1985 said:
DXM, in high doses, is classified as a dissociative hallucinogenic drug. DXM has nothing to do with lope, they are completely different drugs. Loperamide is an opiate, which has the potency almost equal to fentanyl. It also happens to be too large to pass the BBB. We are going to believe science before trip reports. There is the rare case of a weakened BBB, but I hope you would re-frame from taking loperamide due to OD risks. I really doubt your the rare case, so my conclusion is a strong mental high.

To me, you sound like a troll.. I didn't compare it to DXM, I'm saying the SITUATION is similar. The first people who used more DXM than normal and felt dissociated were likely laughed at. You've heard of analogies, right?

Imagine for a second codeine was put OTC for loose stools. It was in 2 mg pills. They say when they release it "this doesn't cross the BBB in significant amounts and won't act centrally".. then some NUT comes on a message board saying they took about 100 mg's of codeine and felt a high. You'd say the same thing, you'd say "pfft you wont shit for a week" and "it can't happen" when in all actuality, it did work and you're just choosing not to listen.

When tramadol came out it was considered "non addictive".. when heroin came out, the same thing. DXM wasn't considered psychoactive at one point, I'm sure, and poppy seed tea still gets laughed at on some message boards around the internet. When it doesn't work for one person, other people take that as evidence that it can't work. I'm telling you not only does it work, but it was quite enjoyable. Take it or leave it. I won't be coming back to this topic after this, as I don't really care. I've never had placebo make my face numb and itchy, and it isn't going to start to now. I've had other things described as opiates not work, and I've taken opiates, like vicodin and darvocet, and my face didn't get itchy. This is a real effect, and it saddens me that people are so quick to call placebo.

You know what, the majority of the reason I don't post on this board is because I'm not really really into pharms, whereas it seems most of the users here are. Now I have another reason, and that is because you people seem to have incredibly closed minds considering you are a community of drug users.. Fuck it. Like I said, I won't check back on this... so feel free to discredit me in whatever way you feel fit, by either just saying it's placebo or making poop jokes. That's fine. I suggest the OP just lets it go too now, and thanks for trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.