• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

One for the culture... Best cities in the UK?

elgoucho9

Bluelighter
So a relative is coming over to UK next week and as a result I've a trip to Liverpool on my hands. I've never been before.

It got me thinking which cities do people rate most highly to visit in the UK? Anyone have any depraved drugged up experiences in strange places they'd like to share? 😀

I'm thinking next year I might travel a few new places in the UK and expand my horizons...

I really like Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester. People slag off London but I really like parts of it. Durham is pretty beautiful.
I've just realised I'm approaching 40 and there's a lot cities I've never visited. I need to get back to working full time and get a damn carrrr.

Bath. Bristol. York. London. Manchester.

Bath is amazing although quite expensive eating out etc. Had an amazing fillet stake in the restaurant beside the castle in the centre.

Bristol is also a very cool place to wander around. Some eccentric characters there. Went a bit too wild with the drugs when i was there.

London is epic too. Everything is super available there whether you're talking food, weed, people to link up with.

you have a point, but Wales cities are shit (Apart from cardiff, which isn't too bad)

My mates from Swindon rave about how good Cardiff is. Kept trying to tell me to go through when I was in Bristol. Maybe I should have listened.

So a relative is coming over to UK next week and as a result I've a trip to Liverpool on my hands. I've never been before.

It got me thinking which cities do people rate most highly to visit in the UK? Anyone have any depraved drugged up experiences in strange places they'd like to share? 😀

I'm thinking next year I might travel a few new places in the UK and expand my horizons...
It depends what you're after, but these are my favourite uk cities - all for different reasons but some overlapping ones, and in no particular order:

Edinburgh
Liverpool
Manchester
Bristol
London

It depends what you're after, but these are my favourite uk cities - all for different reasons but some overlapping ones, and in no particular order:

Edinburgh
Liverpool
Manchester
Bristol
London

Could you give me some more of the reasons why for each one please mate? I am curious.

I've enjoyed Edinburgh and Glasgow. But prefer Glasgow as its a little less expensive and the people are much more friendly. I found Edinburgh to be quite snobby to be honest. Discovered some proper rough parts to it after a party on MDMA. Boy was I glad to get out of there safely in the morning.

Could you give me some more of the reasons why for each one please mate? I am curious.

I've enjoyed Edinburgh and Glasgow. But prefer Glasgow as its a little less expensive and the people are much more friendly. I found Edinburgh to be quite snobby to be honest. Discovered some proper rough parts to it after a party on MDMA. Boy was I glad to get out of there safely in the morning.
Edinburgh - I just like the general vibe and love the architecture, medieval feels and the deep arts culture there

Liverpool - The people mainly, wit, humour, authenticity.

Manchester - I can't really define why. Maybe nostalgia somewhat as I hung out there a lot in the distant past. Again manly just vibes I guess. Atmosphere at live music events too - I've seen a lot of live music in my life all over the place but I'd say 7 of my favourite ever gigs were in Manchester

Bristol - have had friends there and visited semi regularly for many years now. It's a unique atmosphere in UK, imo. Very relaxed, great food, very diverse with an incredible music scene (more like yer reggae / dub / jungle vibes though, just amazing for all that and has been 40 years mimimum)

London - Amazing city. Shit city. Diversity doesn;t even cover it. Place has everything. Very interesting from an anthropoloical perspective too. Awesome transport links.

Bath is amazing although quite expensive eating out etc. Had an amazing fillet stake in the restaurant beside the castle in the centre.

My mates from Swindon rave about how good Cardiff is. Kept trying to tell me to go through when I was in Bristol. Maybe I should have listened.
People from Swindon would probably rave about almost anywhere that isn't Swindon!

Bath. I really cannot stand the place. It's just far too....nice. It's also full of rich pretentious cunts, and that colour (it's all the same fucking colour) would drive me mental after a week or two if I lived there. Ok for a day trip I guess, depending.

Other UK places I actively dislike are:
Luton
Milton Keynes
Birmingham (midlands in general)
Swansea
Carmarthen (just the town)
Wrexham
Essex
South-East England in general

Birmingham city centre is pretty nice and much to do there. They also have some of the most beautiful canals.

Edinburgh - I just like the general vibe and love the architecture, medieval feels and the deep arts culture there

Liverpool - The people mainly, wit, humour, authenticity.

Manchester - I can't really define why. Maybe nostalgia somewhat as I hung out there a lot in the distant past. Again manly just vibes I guess. Atmosphere at live music events too - I've seen a lot of live music in my life all over the place but I'd say 7 of my favourite ever gigs were in Manchester

Bristol - have had friends there and visited semi regularly for many years now. It's a unique atmosphere in UK, imo. Very relaxed, great food, very diverse with an incredible music scene (more like yer reggae / dub / jungle vibes though, just amazing for all that and has been 40 years mimimum)

London - Amazing city. Shit city. Diversity doesn;t even cover it. Place has everything. Very interesting from an anthropoloical perspective too. Awesome transport links.
London in the 1960''s was very nice. Now it's just plain sad.

London in the 1960''s was very nice. Now it's just plain sad.
Sad in what way? In the rampant gentrification and the en masse selling of vast amounts of property to to questionable regimes etc yeah

Place is still a phantasmagoria of culture, arts, sport, creativity, community, eveything however. Some areas are amazing places, some ar not - it's all interesting though as all life is there mashed up togetjer in a human soup

Having said tht, it's not a place I'm keen to visit for longer than 4 or 5 days at the most

London is cool. Everything is super available. No need to ever cook a meal there and you can eat like a king every night. Best of the best weed. Lots of diversity. Loads of beautiful women. Always something happening no matter what time it is.

Bradford west Yorkshire a beautiful part of England with the highest Muslim population of any English city what not to like. The rolling dales and trad stone cottages very rustic A+

Sunderland 🤣
Same response as how I don't look my age ("a clean and healthy lifestyle")
Utter sarcasm