• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

OMfg, I never thought I'd lose the magic that quickly.

Take some time off.

I find theres only so many times u cqn be "blown away" by the same thing. So imo once uve experienced all that is rave or mdma how can it ever be as magical as it was during first witness...?

Mdma nvr changes, its usally always the same.

The last doubt in my mind that MDMA loss of magic wasn't caused by "loss of novelty" (humans become less impressed with things over time and they become less "novel" -- which is why being a child can be described as magical for some people and some report shrooms or LSD as making them feel "like a kid again") when I did mephedrone. That was just as good as my first roll and pretty much the same experience. I'm sure that MDMA's loss of magic is just down regulation of some neurotransmitter. "Time heals" is a true statement and the longer you go without miss molly, the better your roll is going to be.

Piracetam r0x, btw. Best suggestion ever =D I'm also looking into sulbutiamine as something as well. It potentiates dopaminergic effects (among other things) which would make MDMA more neurotoxic, possibly, but might increase the "magic" of the roll. This is all hypothetical, though, and not harm reductive =P

the idea is not to get fucked up? then please tell me what the idea is. bc any drug is used to get fucked up on

To open up, to have ridiculously intimate conversations, to feel accepted into the world, to make decisions and promise yourself to changes you were too selfish to change in the past, to love, to love more, to have empathy, to have confidence

etc.

mdma can be magical,
every other drug can have it's moments,
but not in the same way.

I mean, meth makes me feel like I'm a god, no other drug makes me feel as "high"

but I don't get nearly as much from it after the high is gone.

the idea is not to get fucked up? then please tell me what the idea is. bc any drug is used to get fucked up on

Any drug can be used to get 'fucked up' on, but there are some which cater for this demographic more, and some less. Many people take ecstasy for the gain in confidence and empathy it brings, not just (if at all) the loss control.

Alcohol is another example. You can get 'fucked up', or you can take it easy and just enjoy the evening. Some people prefer one way to use, and others prefer the other. I think it's down to personal preference really.

As far as I can tell, I finally lost the magic for good. A 6 year hiatus did nothing to make it return. :(

Any drug can be used to get 'fucked up' on, but there are some which cater for this demographic more, and some less. Many people take ecstasy for the gain in confidence and empathy it brings, not just (if at all) the loss control.

Alcohol is another example. You can get 'fucked up', or you can take it easy and just enjoy the evening. Some people prefer one way to use, and others prefer the other. I think it's down to personal preference really.

if you want to gain confidence and be more sensitive, read books on the subject. thats not why people take it they take it bc of the way it makes them feel, which is getting fucked up. yes you can drink and not get fucked up but if you take decent pills there is no getting around it: you will be fucked up. the way it makes people feel, or the way it fucks them up, is why they take it. like i said, every drug is taken bc the user wants to get fucked up, doesnt matter how you sugar coat it.

if you want to gain confidence and be more sensitive, read books on the subject. thats not why people take it they take it bc of the way it makes them feel, which is getting fucked up. yes you can drink and not get fucked up but if you take decent pills there is no getting around it: you will be fucked up. the way it makes people feel, or the way it fucks them up, is why they take it. like i said, every drug is taken bc the user wants to get fucked up, doesnt matter how you sugar coat it.

I think you'll find most everyone here will disagree with you.

Can someone please define for me what "losing the magic" actually is?

I had my first roll less than a week ago with pure crystals and it was amazing. Will be doing it again next week, don't want to lose the magic though, so please give me advice..

Can someone please define for me what "losing the magic" actually is?

I had my first roll less than a week ago with pure crystals and it was amazing. Will be doing it again next week, don't want to lose the magic though, so please give me advice..

Losing the magic is when you've taken so much MDMA (or MDA, MDEA etc) that you no longer truly feel the same beautiful, profound empathy and euphoria from rolling. This is due to a few different things, but isn't unrepairable. Basically if you use it so frequently, your brain sort of tricks itself and it become semi-reliable on MDMA.

Moderation is the key. You shouldn't roll next week. By reading around the site (I'd check out the Ecstasy FAQ if I were you - great thread) you'll notice that most people say that once a month is a general rule of thumb for rolling. It never hurts to wait longer than a month either, time only benefits you.

When you consider the tone of a few of your latest messages around the site, I personally think that you could do with a break and some quality 'you' time.

MDMA will not automatically make you happy and if you have a lot of problems it isnt always an escape route - set and setting (and this includes how you feel) does play a very important role in how MDMA works/you react to the drug.

Have a break from the drugs/stims (they are not going anywhere) try and find a time when your not as down and then go from there.

Good luck :) - If you want a rant / vent or just somebody to have a bloody good moan/complain at then you know where I am.

Stay safe

Bear

Advice: wait at least a month before doing it again.

@VincentonE: Reading your posts, I think you probably pay a lot more attention to the experience of being on MDMA than most people, and this is why you're more sensitive to changes in the way it feels. A lot of people would probably not complain about the exact same experiences that you've been complaining about, because they would not notice what they considered to be a significant difference. You probably just have a very high resolution in your perception of drug experiences, which is absolutely a blessing. The flip side of this is that you're more sensitive and it doesn't take as much to cause a "white-out" and overstimulate your serotonin system enough for you to notice.

My opinion is that most people would not think that anything was wrong if they experienced what you're talking about. They would shrug it off and keep eating MDMA. Consider yourself lucky to have actually seen the warning signs of abuse before yours got any worse, because most people probably would not be paying as much attention as you.

The last doubt in my mind that MDMA loss of magic wasn't caused by "loss of novelty"=P

If loss of magic is only caused by loss of novelty, then why is MDMA the only drug which has people complaining about a loss of magic...

Why don't heroin addicts ever lose the magic with heroin? (providing they get rid of their tolerance)
Why can you find LSD still as enlightening as ever, even after years of use?

I really hate when people call it magic..its fuckd up! Just take 4 -6 months brake and your brain will regenerate your serotonin. -_-

If loss of magic is only caused by loss of novelty, then why is MDMA the only drug which has people complaining about a loss of magic...

Why don't heroin addicts ever lose the magic with heroin? (providing they get rid of their tolerance)

Because once you take enough mdma, it permanently alters your brain in a way that heroin or lsd does not.

Heroin addicts do lose the magic. Go over to Other Drugs and ask some opiate addicts. People who end up really addicted just feeling normal after doing alot of heroin. The high gets less and less awesome

Heroin addicts do lose the magic. Go over to Other Drugs and ask some opiate addicts. People who end up really addicted just feeling normal after doing alot of heroin. The high gets less and less awesome

You're talking about tolerance... After a few weeks/months break, the effects are back, mostly.

With MDMA, many report never recapturing the magic, no matter how long they wait, even several years.

Because once you take enough mdma, it permanently alters your brain in a way that heroin or lsd does not.

Precisely.

When you consider the tone of a few of your latest messages around the site, I personally think that you could do with a break and some quality 'you' time.

MDMA will not automatically make you happy and if you have a lot of problems it isnt always an escape route - set and setting (and this includes how you feel) does play a very important role in how MDMA works/you react to the drug.

Have a break from the drugs/stims (they are not going anywhere) try and find a time when your not as down and then go from there.

Good luck :) - If you want a rant / vent or just somebody to have a bloody good moan/complain at then you know where I am.

Stay safe

Bear

Advice: wait at least a month before doing it again.

@VincentonE: Reading your posts, I think you probably pay a lot more attention to the experience of being on MDMA than most people, and this is why you're more sensitive to changes in the way it feels. A lot of people would probably not complain about the exact same experiences that you've been complaining about, because they would not notice what they considered to be a significant difference. You probably just have a very high resolution in your perception of drug experiences, which is absolutely a blessing. The flip side of this is that you're more sensitive and it doesn't take as much to cause a "white-out" and overstimulate your serotonin system enough for you to notice.

My opinion is that most people would not think that anything was wrong if they experienced what you're talking about. They would shrug it off and keep eating MDMA. Consider yourself lucky to have actually seen the warning signs of abuse before yours got any worse, because most people probably would not be paying as much attention as you.
I have no clue what posts you guys are talking about.

Oh sorry I may have misunderstood this message. Sorry I thought you were going through a rough patch

Ohhh,
I actually kind of am.

The night where I was sure I lost the magic, I made a lot of bad decisions in conjuction with fiending,

some shit that could've landed me in jail for a long time.

I'm glad that I got away with it,
but I'm dissapointed in that action.

I've let myself down, went against my own morals and values with a LOT of things.

In addition to going against all the shit I give my friends, as far as responsible MDMA use, and tested pills
etc.

Quite upset, very bad night.

And all the mixtures of drugs I took, I'm still recovering from.

:/