Oldschoolers ARE Babies!!!

GoldenGroove

Bluelighter
I'm from Vancouver B.C. and this is all I got to say to you "jaded" partiers who think they are so fuckin' cool cuz they were partying first in the good old days. First of all, that makes you old. Stay home if u got a problem with the scene. There are some things I don't like about parties, but I don't complain cuz I know no one is forcing me to go. For jaded old schoolers, u sound like a bunch of babies.
You old Schoolers are always whining about the newbies who can't control their drugs and have no interest in the music. Well, if it weren't for all them newbies and high ticket prices, u'd be listening to Scotty Oh(Local DJ) weekend after weekend after weekend. (Scotty Oh aint bad, I am just using that as an example) Secondly, instead of partying in some east-side shit hole with heroin addicts chillin' outside, I can actually park my car outside of the venue without the fear of it getting broken into for the pennies left on the seat. Thirdly, money makes the world rotate. If no one was making money, no one would be fighting to keep parties around. That would mean more busted parties and a worse image for the scene. Maybe you jaded old-schoolers are only complaining cuz u wanna seem hard core going to underground events and now u have lost that claim to fame. But hey, maybe I'm wrong. But I don't think so. Stop whining and grow the fuck up.

Ever hear the phrase "respect your elders?" You take everything for granted, don't you. I am in no way old school, but I respect the experiences of the past. Yes, some people are bitter that the fun thing they had going blew up and cheapened to the commercialized state is today. There still is and always will be an underground. Since you obviously just look for glossy, 3 page color fliers you miss the real show. The mega crap events resulting in bad press make it harder for honest people to try a positive, legitimate attempt at making things better.
How old are you, 17? Being old is not a crime. Being old should mean you have money and experience in life. The best DJs in the world are not 20. It takes longer than 3 years to collect thousands of records. Why don't you grow up? Hopefully the fad will pass and you will jump on the next bandwagon since "grunge" ain't cutting it for you anymore.

So who gives you the golden ticket to bitch, aren't you being a touch hypocritical. I don't feel any peace, love, unity and RESPECT from you.
Hey ever heard of the saying got nothing nice to say.........

hey randy dont knock the youngins :p im only 18
smile.gif

But i dont agree with goldengroove either... i mean some of the 'old schoolers' are kinda bitter... but i rekon i prolly would b too if i had been around then, when the scene was so different, most of the stories ive heard from the older ravers make me so envious... but all things change *shrug*
whateva the happens... we will always have the musik
smile.gif

so goldengroove just build a bridge and get over it.... respect the fact that they were around for something special and they have a right to wish things were still the same...

So you're gonna stop me from expressing what I think now??? geez guys...First off Whadda Ya mean Plur??? Where's the plur when a fuckin "oldschooler" at a party bumps into a first timer and tells him/her that the party they are at, at that moment is shit to the oldschooler but to the newbie it means the whole damn world to them... how the hell would that make you feel... My post may have been on the tad bit harsh side but that's the reality of it...and as for the flyer thing, I couldn't have been more hurt, I don't base what parties I go to by the full color flyer I go for the DJ Line up...which means I'm not at a rave for the drugs, I'm not there to be a "raver" I'm there for the music.

um.. ever hear the phrase age is just a bunch of numbers?
ahh.. who cares how long you've been into the scene? As long as you're there for the right reasons and enjoying the time and helping to better the scene as a whole, who cares if you were born by a raver (have we been around that long) or just bought your first pair of UFOs (I couldn't think of a better description...
frown.gif
)
God.. people when are you going to realize that the last thing we need is MORE animosity? We have enough problems fighting the system, why do we have to fight each other? grr.. I am so tired of being the peace advocate.
Anyway, back to the point: age. True, maturity increases with age, but this is not always the fact. God, I'm almost 17 and am way more mature than most of my friends well into their 20's. It has nothing to do with how many years you've spent on this earth. It's you attitude. And this all weaves back into the attitude you have when partying and participating in the idea behind P.L.U.R.
alright... finally, I'm done now - until next time
------
nothin but love,
Becca

Alright... I am OLD skool in this city, and maybe I am a little jaded... but I am in no way OLD (for starters)
I remembr my first party... cost me $10 to get in, (now it's $25) and they had shipped in some of the finest talent from the UK, as well as all over canada. The rave scene isn't ABOUT making money... there is a promoting company in my city that does partys with low overhead, and charges as little as possible to cover thier costs. and throws a WICKED ASS PARTY to boot.
and I *AM* sick of little 14 year old girls (no offence to the bluelighters of this description) fucked out of their faces on FOUR caps of e... who have no idea what the hell they are doing comming up to me, and practicly DEMANDING that I hug them, because I am "so cool"
I may be old school, and I may want to keep the scene underground. Would you like to know why??? Plain and simple, I am an eliteist. I don't WANT bar-stars, and meatheads invading my scene. Nor do I want children hurting themselves in my scene. and most of all, I don't want to LOSE my scene to those people who "don't belong" I don't care if it is in some scary old warehouse... all the better.
now a days, you can't swing a cat without hitting a self proclaimed "raver" in the street. If you asked them what it was all about... they would prolly say "doin lots of drugs" or some such bullshit.
I have been raving for quite a while, and I have concidered myself "hardcore" in the past, but THAT is a frickin joke. Raving is not a status symbol. Nor is doing drugs.
as far as our "clame to fame" Raving realy meant something to us. But we kept it amongst ourselves, and our colse friends. We didn't drag all of our "bar-star" or "teeny-bopper" so-called-friends out. We are complaining, because the scene is becomming mainstream, but the MEANING of the scene is not. How many of these people who are going to raves now even have a CLUE what PLUR means? Regardless of weather or not they have heard the lable, how many people live that way?
If you can't see that, then maybe you are part of the problem.
THAT is what the old skoolers are complaining about. Maybe you should start complaining too.
------------------
"we spend all day, sober...
just hiding from daylight.
Watching TV.
we just look alot better in the bluelight,
I know I gotta get out, but I'm stuck..."
-hangin' around, Counting Crows

well, ive been at it for about five/six years now in the UK, personally i believe youre as old as you allow yourself to be...ive had amazing nights, ive had shit nights, ive gone out on a friday and come home on a sunday, ive gone out on friday night and come home 2 hours later,ive had it fucking hard to hardcore, house, jungle, drum & bass, techno, electronia...the list goes on, ive been out with people of all ages (and their offspring) from countless origins, and i can safely say, ive loved every fucking minute of it.
If ive had a bad night at a venue, i leave it a while before going back - if a DJ fucks a mix up, sod it - laugh and point, but get on with having fun!
long live the old school, were not all bad! if it wasn't for all the people whove raveddanced/gurned/grooved for the past 520 weeks - we wouldnt have a scene today
As for old schoolers giving newbies "thigns aint what it used to be" lark - well - im sure any old schooler will have heard the same story years ago.
I cant comment on the underage fucked up on drus thing, cos i was there myself, but in hindsight it does do my head in to see 14-15 year olds off their heads in clubs - for one - theres an age restriction on the door, and two, i know i was too young to be punching the reality wall every saturday night, but its too late for that now...dammit ive said too much!!
smile.gif

forward ever backward never!
jono
------------------
The giant Drug monkey has spoken...heed these words
[This message has been edited by jonoUK (edited 18 January 2000).]