• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

olanzapine and tramadol WD's...

issaoldboi

Bluelighter
okay so, i had a week long prescription for tramadols to help with pain, i ran out, wasnt able to buy 2 big packs of imodium for the WD's so im thinking, since i have olanzapine prescribed, how big of a dose i could take without it being harmful? like, i read that 450mg could be a fatal dose, but what if i took like 100mg or something, what would the effects be and if it would help with these WD's... any and all discussion is welcome

Don't be taking those doses of olanzapine man because it would probably have some unpleasant side effects. The max dose for schizophernia is 20mg daily I believe. Your tram withdrawals shouldn't be bad or maybe even non existant because you only took them for a week.

Don't be taking those doses of olanzapine man because it would probably have some unpleasant side effects. The max dose for schizophernia is 20mg daily I believe. Your tram withdrawals shouldn't be bad or maybe even non existant because you only took them for a week.
well.... what surprised me was that last nite i alrdy had the really bad "tweaker restless leg syndrome" u get on opioid WD's, almost as bad as on subutex wd's

okay so, i had a week long prescription for tramadols to help with pain, i ran out, wasnt able to buy 2 big packs of imodium for the WD's so im thinking, since i have olanzapine prescribed, how big of a dose i could take without it being harmful? like, i read that 450mg could be a fatal dose, but what if i took like 100mg or something, what would the effects be and if it would help with these WD's... any and all discussion is welcome
Don't you have any other comfort meds besides olanzapine?

No Pregablin, gabapentin, benzodiazepines, kratom...........anything?

In that weeks time how many pills did you take? 20, 40, 100 ?

WD should at least be quick for just taking them for a week. So that's a plus.

i'm pretty sure olanzapine gave me restless leg syndrome... they prescribed it to me at night, i would fall asleep and after about an hour or two of sleep i would wake up feeling anxiety and like my legs were restless. after another couple hours i would fall back asleep. i'd be careful of larger doses. i'm reading "restlessness" as a side effect from olanzapine. that can't be good for withdrawl if you get that side effect.

i'm reading that 20mg is on the larger side of olanzapine doses too. 100mgs seems like a lot. i can't even imagine what that would feel like for me.

I can only agree to what's been posted already and strongly argument against doing high dose olanzapine, or any antipsychotic for that matter. You'll get symptoms of dopamine antagonist overdose like akathisia (inability to sit or lay still, like drug induced restless legs, it's horrible trust me on this), fainting, anhedonia, cardiovascular disturbances etc
and possibly even anticholinergic symptoms, 100mg olanzapine is a HUGE dose, never heard of so much being prescribed.

What's good to counter opioid withdrawals is pregabalin or gabapentin, benzos or NMDA antagonists like memantine or your favorite dissociative RC. NMDAr antagonists greatly helped me to avoid opioid withdrawal more than once.

Or, when you're dealing with tramadol, then a S/NRI like fluoxetine can be of use since tramadol is a SNRI on top if it's opioid activity and thus comes with its own withdrawal. I failed to quit venlafaxine for a long time because of opioid like withdrawal and only made it by switching to fluoxetine.

I can only agree to what's been posted already and strongly argument against doing high dose olanzapine, or any antipsychotic for that matter. You'll get symptoms of dopamine antagonist overdose like akathisia (inability to sit or lay still, like drug induced restless legs, it's horrible trust me on this), fainting, anhedonia, cardiovascular disturbances etc
and possibly even anticholinergic symptoms, 100mg olanzapine is a HUGE dose, never heard of so much being prescribed.

What's good to counter opioid withdrawals is pregabalin or gabapentin, benzos or NMDA antagonists like memantine or your favorite dissociative RC. NMDAr antagonists greatly helped me to avoid opioid withdrawal more than once.

Or, when you're dealing with tramadol, then a S/NRI like fluoxetine can be of use since tramadol is a SNRI on top if it's opioid activity and thus comes with its own withdrawal. I failed to quit venlafaxine for a long time because of opioid like withdrawal and only made it by switching to fluoxetine.
yeah i had nothing to help me with the WD's but, i decided not to take the olanzapine... today bought me some speed to help with the symptoms tho

well.... what surprised me was that last nite i alrdy had the really bad "tweaker restless leg syndrome" u get on opioid WD's, almost as bad as on subutex wd's
Olanzapine is only going to make that worse. Gives me RLS above 15mg.

I have bottles full of olanzapine, quetiapine and risperidone and they're the last thing I would reach for during opioid withdrawal.

It's rather the opposite that helps, dopamine agonists seem to be able to diminish opioid withdrawal at least partially and they are also somewhat sedating, the first pill of pramipexole put me straight to sleep. Never tried DA agonists for withdrawal myself though but I think they will address the restless legs stuff at the least which can be among the worst symptoms and even happened when wding from low dose Kratom habit. But I agree to that antipsychotics will make withdrawal worse, maybe minus low doses of quetiapine for sleep. I consider the routinely prescription of antipsychotics for withdrawal to be malprae.