• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Okay dammit. End this debate: Is MDMA hallucinagenic or not?!

I think this question is infinitely debatable.
All I know is when I go to sleep after rolling, I see the same thing when I close my eyes (without fail).
From the corners of my eyes I can make out that I'm in a huge room with a ton of people dancing with amazing lighting . It’s almost like tunnel vision. I soon notice a girl with long curly hair who’s dancing. She is GOIN OFF Infront of me with glowsticks and blowin me up BIG TIME! It looks unbelievable.
Here’s the kicker. I see the whole thing (the dream) in PURPLE! (its like a black and white picture except in purple) IT IS THE COOLEST THING!!! I actually find myself looking forward to sleeping after rolling.
Before now I assumed it was a dream. But perhaps it’s a hallucination. Because, now that I think about it isn’t like I’m asleep at all. I hear music and feel the energy of the club as though I was there for real. What do you think?

mdma, isn't that the lotion they put between two ply toilet paper???
Pkat©
'PLUR has been shown to destroy 99.9% household bacteria on contact.'
------------------
PhrEakyKat©
"Every time I burp my roll gets HARDER...*burp* ahhhhhh!"
[email protected]
"I feel like a well lubed piston." B(ean)Dawg
×t©

Well since i have never tested I can't say for sure, but from what I hear, MDMA is definitly hallucinogenic.
I always thought the "MDEA" was the hallucinatin shit, but maybe it is. I get confused about all this crap!!
Anyway, whatever DOES make you hallucinate, is actualy the good shit. But everyone says MDMA is good, so that's why i came to the conclusion that IT is what's making you hallucinate. I'm not talking trippin visuals. I'm just talking about the vibrations and the cool stuff like that.

Oh yea, I forgot one thing!
Did you know that MDMA is an Auditory Hallucinogen?
Yes, I had read that somewhere, and then one time i overdosed on some pills that I truly believed to be high doses of MDMA, and I was hearing a ton of voices! So, that confirmed that I was on MDMA i think. (also i was hallucinatin vibrations and stuff)
And also I confirmed that the auditory hallucination are in fact real too.
You all probably already know this. But I heard a lot about MDMA not being hallucinogenic.
But hallucinogenic DOES NOT just mean seeing things. It could mean hearing or smelling things that aren't there also.
And it is a pretty common fact that MDMA is an auditory hallucinogen, but LSD is NOT.
So, mdma and lsd are both hallucinogen's in their own respect.

I believe I read somewhere that large doses of mdma are converted by the body into mda which would explain why I have only seen mild hallucinations on really strong pills.
I will try to find the link tonight when I have more time.
------------------
C is for cookie, and cookie is for me.

true..MDA is a metabolite of MDMA...but MDMA itself, is not hallucinogenic.

I haven't heard of one scientific study in which MDMA was proven to be hallucinogenic.
Then again:
1.) Animals are usually being administered this, not people. A chimp can't comment.
2.) When administered in controlled studies, the doses are probably lower than what many people consume at raves.
MDA represents only a tiny fraction of the MDMA metabolites in the body. The primary metabolites are HMA and HMMA, which may be hallucinogenic.

Yes mdmda can definitly be halluconigenic. The first time i rolled i took an off white RN that gave me very lovy feelings and bad ass visuals. They were different than anything id ever seen before when i was tripping much better. Everything was flowing around me in a circular geometrical pattern especially the glowsticks. When i first started to feel the xtc coming on i remember seeing a circular pattern on my friends wall. It was wierd the visuals would come and go. But who knows maybe it was half mda and half mdma but i did feel very lovey and open.
*Jessica*

my first time rollin i had the GOOD green triangles (back in june '99). I remember laying on the floor (i couldnt stand!!) waveing my hand in front of my face and the traces were incredible. i cant say what was in every pill i ever took, but i have seen visuals plenty of times. i love the way lights look on e

in addition to the mystery as to what the pills we ingest actually contain,
there is the large population of ecstasy users who are unexperienced in other drugs and are unable to qualitatively make a statement comparing the MDMA state to the state induced by other drugs,
and the fact that so many veteran ecstasy users are also poly-drug users, it is hard to separate the effects from ecstasy form those of pot, mushrooms, ketamine, whatever. There are simply too few people that pop a pill, dance, then come down without using one or more illegal substances.
i personally think it is not hallucinogenic to me, not in the way the classic and new psychedelics are. To me, hallicinate means to see something that isn't there, meaning, an open-eyed visual, something i don't get with MDMA.

As far as I know, E is one of those weird drugs that is difficult to classify (kind of like weed). I think most people will agree that E isn't a classic hallucinogen like acid or mushrooms, but E definitely has some hallucinogenic properties (it makes things seem "prettier" or "magical", it causes kinesthetic enhancement). I think that for this reason, it could be said to be hallucinogenic. Weed is also classified as a hallucinogen, but it is rare to get full-blown visuals like on acid from weed (although it has happened). Hope this helps, sweetness.
-Aura
Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

no question about it
it is hallucinagenic
I had some serious hallucinations on the original alladins (which were MDMA only)
Hallucination on pills is a lot different to trips of mushies
it is a lot more subtle

This is a reply more or less to "I Smoke Beans"
The reason that you are thinking E is an Auditory Hallucinogen is the fact that E stimulates the part of your brain that is very close to the aural nerves, and hairs . . .it is those hais inside you ear canal that make the saounds you're hearing, not mention the tiny "sound sensitive" bone sructures that are acutally within your ear itself.
A lot of DJ's I know use E as an auditory stimulant, to hear better, but in fact it's kind of bad for your hearing since at a rave everything is so loud anyway.
But that's my .02 cents
------------------
The wunderful thing about tiggers, iz tiggers are wunderful things, their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs . . . bouncey flouncey trouncey pouncey oh what fun fun fun . . . the wunderful thing about tiggers iz, I'm the only one . . .who ho ho hooooo!

Erowid is correct, MDMA is not a hallucinogen.
hallucination: False or distorted perception of objects or events with a compelling sense of their reality, usually resulting from a mental disorder or as a response to a drug.
***compelling sense of their reality***
is the important part, MDMA may give you visuals, tracers, etc, but those are actually psychedelic effects, because in order for it to be a hallucination you need to believe what you are seeing is real.
belladona, jimson weed, are truly hallucinogenic because the auditory and visual manifestations are actually believed to be reality. Even LSD unless at ridiculous doses ia a psychedelic not a hallucinogen, because you "know" you are tripping, that what you are seeing is not real, but caused by the acid, with belladona, and jimson weed and other hallucinogens, YOU CANT TELL THE TRIP ISN'T REAL.

using the definition of hallucinogen as a distortion of reality, i would classify ecstasy as an emotional hallucinogen, as reality tends to be crisper and more self-evident, but the "i feel so good" feelings create their own perceptual bias, especially on the level of emotional perceptual issues
you might emotionally hallucinate and think a hypocrite is a trustworthy person, but you'll still be able to drive home ok
does this make sense to anyone?

Uh, karlydee.. So I guess I don't usually hallucinate when I eat a bunch of acid then, because I usually have the presence of mind to know at all times that what I'm seeing isn't real... Just entertainment for the mind and eye.
*shrug*
I can't belive this thread's back, btw! Weirdness.
~*~ Ashke ~*~

Haven't really read the other posts.
I think MDMA classifies as a hallucinogen because while you don't see dragons or walls drippping or anything, it does affect your vision, just look at the glowstick trixx and everything seems sharper and moore defined when your rollin'