• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Oil

tunesey

Bluelighter
I managed to get this only once in my lifetime. It came in an empty pill container like a paracetamol tablet that was missing. it was sticky smelly stuff and I put some on some foil and smoked it between two hot knives. Talk about stoned It was the strongest I have ever smoked and only came across it once has any one else come across cannabis oil before stronger than any weed I have ever smoked before. I have some Hindu cush at the moment and it is is the closest to the oil that I have smoked dank stuff.

Take that kush, grind it up, put it in a conical coffee filter, and pour 90% isopropyl alcohol over it onto a plate. Point a fan at it, scrape up with a razor. Now you have oil whenever you want!

Yes in fact, Cannabis Oil (BHO, PHO, whatever solvent/solventless) is becoming a very big thing in America! Depending on which state you live in, you could be making a risky decision in buying not correctly purged oil, so here is what you look for if you purchase oil:

First there is a myriad of kinds of oil. Some examples are Shatter, which has a glass consistency, Crumble, self explanatory, Budder, Honeycomb and so on. I myself prefer shatter. If you live in a medical state then obviously try to obtain it through professional methods....but if you live in a non-medical non-legal state then you gotta look out for clarity, color, and smell. Shatter for example should be clear to the point of reading through it and preferably and amber/yellowish color. You dont want brown gross shit.

Also, a much more efficient method of smoking oil would be to buy a rig with a domeless titanium nail and a dome cap. You can most definitely get one at a head shop wherever you live. You will need a blowtorch to use this method, you can grab those at any hardware store. Always remember also to SEASON your titanium nail to get all of the chemical solvents used in the production process. To do this, heat the nail with the blowtorch as red hot as it can go and drop it into some cool water 4-5 times. The color should change on the nail, then its ready for use.

When smoking the oil, heat the titanium nail until red hot, and WAIT AT LEAST 25-30 SECONDS before dabbing your hit. You dont want to hit it when the nail is at peak heat, it stresses the lungs and can actually lead to some medical problems. Just be patient!! After the waiting time, spread the oil evenly on the nail while inhaling and once its on there, put the dome cap on top to trap the remaining vapor that could escape. (Thats the point of waiting, to get more of a vaporization of the oil)

Hope this helped!

Oil is very readily available in medical states, as for smoking/vaporizing it can be easier to dose than plant matter. Certainly more discrete and, many would argue, less work for more reward.

There are now many methods (solvents/techniques) for extracting cannabinoids from cannabis. The oldest is "dry sift" which is how traditional hash is made. Bubble hash is now made at an extremely high quality under the term "ice wax." Then you've got ethyl alcohol (ethanol aka Everclear), which makes FECO or "Phoenix Tears," which is referenced in the movie "Run From the Cure." There's also CO2 and hexane-based machines, which make oil easily and safely, with little experience required (and in a much more politically acceptable manner). Then of course there is hydrocarbon extraction (butane, ntane, pentane, propane, isotane, etc etc) which makes many consistencies of oil which go by the names shatter, wax, crumble, etc.. but can all generally go under the moniker of BHO, or just oil (what I assume you were referring to, unless it was ethanol oil).

Is there any difference between ethanol and isopropyl oil? I wouldn't expect there to be, but I always use iso because it's so much cheaper.

I've only used ethanol oil for making green dragon shots, leaving alcohol in the end product would be the major difference there.

Also, I've managed to always use 99% isopropyl compared to a 95% ethanol percentage. That would discourage me slightly from making a smokable oil out of the lower percentage proof, but I don't see why it couldn't be done.