Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Oil pourers

youneedacid

Bluelighter
So I bought this 'oil pourer' from a head shop in Western Australia. Worst mistake of my life. It's caused me more anger, frustration and irritation than any other item i've ever purchased. Even more than a rubiks cube.

Bong sales have been banned here as of the start of this year, so instead of traditional bubblers they are getting sold as 'water pourers' or 'liquid pourers' with an inverted conepiece. This would be fine if it was possible to remove the conepiece and turn it the other way (which is kind of assumed when buying such a product in a headshop). But after ~ two hours of attempting to unscrew this thing I've worn out my tether. It's not just screwed on, it's friggin'' glued or welded on.

The only advice given with the product was that 'it would make a nice center piece on a table'. I can't take it back to the shop because i've scratched half the paint off the stem trying to double grip it with pliers and unscrew it. I've tried hot water & direct heat from a flame. Nothing works.

Here's a picture of the piece of junk.

tumblr_ls2c72aAzx1qb61hio1_500.jpg

If anyone has managed to unscrew/glue one of these I would love to hear from you.

You can't unscrew them, get your angle grinder out and show it who's boss!

Or get a hose and some foil, I know this isn't ideal, but if your desperate it's a way to be choofing asap.

Oil pourer, wtf, the ideas they come up with. I bought one a while back when I was in Melbs, they sold it to me as a bourbon pourer.

Your GF has nice hair.

Aw you serious? Why on earth would they market such a product then? I'm cut. I've already got a homemade bong, hose isn't great to smoke through though; hense me buying what I thought was a glassie.

I contemplated putting the stem in the other way around, but if I do that then I'm not going to be able to get it out again without breaking it as it's not going to slide through the grommet.

I guess I'll just have to buy another stem and conepiece. I'm never shopping at OffYaTree again, this experience has caused me much anguish.

That's not my GF, I stole this image from the interwebs. My GF has dreads ^_^

^ i have the exact same bong, gone through 3 in 2 years i still have each stem and cone piece also. I had the same problem as you have, what you need is a Jet Lighter to burn the glue so the cone piece will unscrew! It will take 2-3 minutes but it WILL COME LOOSE!

weird.. so that blue stem comes out? It looks like it should, if it does, pull it all the way out and hacksaw or angle grind off the cone.. and buy a cone piece that just slots in? Surely you can buy cones online somewhere?

Or as fieldy says, mass heat and hopefully the glue melts and u can unscrew it?

I scratched the shit out of the paint on the one I got, still couldent get the upside down cone off.

Like I said before angle grind that shit, you might even be able to use what's left of the cone piece. As in use it for what it was designed for, not regulating oil 8)

just buy a stem and conepiece and find a gatorade bottle if you aint gona vape.

This is a HR forum, and to imply inhaling combusted plastic is tantamount to inhaling combusted plant matter is absurd and goes against the nature of BL.
Vaping is healthier than smoking, sure, but smoking from glass is tastier, smoother, and healthier than smoking from plastic.

I don't think that smoking with a plastic bottle necessarily means you are going to inhale the plastic. It's not like the cone piece is plastic, or the stem heats up enough to melt the plastic as your smoking. But I prefer smoking through glass, it just feels cleaner & more comfortable.

I'll try the jet lighter out and if that fails, I'll resort to a hack saw.

Thanks for your input guys.

Smoking through a hose piece easily melts the plastic, and some of a plastic bottle usually melts slightly (usually on the opposite/back side near the carb) IME.

Errrm u can buy any bong u want online, its not banned at all. As for the stem and cone piece just cut the bitch off with a grinder and replace the cone piece or better yet take it back and tell them to shove it where the sun dont shine and order one online.I wouldnt care if its scratched thats there problem. Problem solved. If its too much hassle buy a vaporizer, its a million times better than any bong.

While it's healthier and some people prefer it, please know that some people would choose to rip a bong over hitting a vape.

Yeah people like to use it the traditional way a lot of the times(smoking it) and the actual habit of ripping but the positives outweigh the negatives opposed to bongs, each to there own I guess. Some people like apples, some like oranges:)

Smoking through a hose piece easily melts the plastic, and some of a plastic bottle usually melts slightly (usually on the opposite/back side near the carb) IME.

88brenno said:
just buy a stem and conepiece and find a gatorade bottle if you aint gona vape.

I think the plastic might warp, but i really do doubt that it melts to the point where the smoker is inhaling toxic fumes.

I know he said stem, which is why I didn't talk about hose in my first subsequent post. I don't know if you understand this or not, but for the plastic to warp it has to be exposed to an extreme temperature that causes this, and when this occurs vapour is released. Do I personally abstain from using home made bongs? No. I haven't experienced any ill effects from this, but I'm not deluded in thinking it's not happening.
Whether one inhales enough fumes to do significant (whatever you define that as) damage depends on their use and body, but the fact is there is a chance of vapours being released and that damaging your body, which isn't present in glass bongs (even with metal stems)
I'm all cool with you doubting it does any damage, and I'm cool with you doing it. What I'm not cool with is denying it occurs and advocating a harmful alternative when a safer alternative is easily attainable. That's all.

they actually glue those in there? really? is there some government body checking that the the 'oil pourers' are disabled from being used as bongs? Seems kind of pointless that they'd glue it in place.

should have just bought an 'oil burner' ;) :p

whats wrong with spliffs and pipes? thats all I've been smoking for the last ~6 months... smoking bongs on a daily basis from 13/14 has fucked my lungs up :(

me thinks its time to invest in a vape %)

I ended up going at it with a hacksaw. I won. >:)

Melting point for most plastics: ~ 200 celcius

I don't think you would melt it unless you were using a plastic conepiece or stem..