• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Ohio child killer to get untried 2-drug injection

I don't really disagree with you in principle but in practice that shit just cannot be allowed. The main reason I actually don't support extravagant and painful displays of execution being used is the same reason I don't support the death penalty at all, that is the virtual guarantee it will be used on someone innocent at some point. Although the fact it is rendered essentially pointless in terms of what function it performs, other than to be sadistically punitive, over more humane execution methods would be a close second.

The ultimate goals of the death penalty to my mind are to remove the offender from society and to deter others from engaging in similar behaviour, to me lethal injection (yes that includes the "enjoyable" method being employed here, although I question just how enjoyable a fatal overdose on otherwise pleasurable drugs is anyway to be quite honest, I know stimulant OD's are FAR from fun) more than adequately accomplishes this. Yes, there are certainly a plethora of more painful ways to die, but assuming death is a deterrent in and of itself this does not matter much from my perspective. Method of execution does not change the fact that the subject is dead after it has been carried out either.

I think it is quite difficult, I recall the UK calling a moratorium on our exports of barbiturates to the States due to their use in executions, or at least a movement from global pharma companies to restrict the available supply. Barbs are indicated for very little medically, so unless a firm is happy to be selling a drug that is only to be used for killing, they won't make them.

Why is it hard to source pentobarbital? The stuff is ubiquitous, found in every vet's office, found in many chemical supply houses. I don't understand why it's so hard to source! Pentobarbital sodium is considered by European treaties as a core chemical (CC) because it is critical in the humane euthanasia of many household animals (eg. cats, dogs) and large animals (eg. horses).

I really don't understand why there should be a shortage. It's Schedule II in the US, which means it can be produced legally under an appropriate permit. On topic, Nembutal is easy as fuck to synthesize... I won't go into the full step-by-step details as it's against the forum rules. Synthesis of pentobarbital is a fairly simple procedure and well known in the public domain.

Sourcing this stuff is a big deal, eh? Have they ever considered setting up a government owned facility and producing it themselves? Shit, I can't believe the stupidity of governments.

But they shouldn't be putting child rapists and child killers to death painlessly. I think the old 3-drug cocktail was perfect, because all they have to do is remove the barbiturate and leave the pancuronium bromide and potassium intact. That would be one hell of a miserable death, and well deserved by the death-row inmate we're discussing now. Hanging would be more appropriate, and preferrably in public.

Society is OK with male circumcision, which is amongst the most barbaric of procedures if you will, so is hanging a child killer/rapist any real problem for the society to accomplish? God knows it should be easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they just fill the syringes with copious amounts of Krokodil and inject it into this sick fuck's face on an hourly basis so it literally falls apart.

Drug Mentor, I'm not a fan of the death penalty... but for heinous crimes like this, they deserve everything under the sun and even more.

As I already said, I don't disagree with that in principle but in practice we can't have the State sanctioning shit like that. What is wrong with killing him the way outlined, whether he enjoys it for 5 minutes or not is missing the point I feel, he is still dead afterward. I am pretty sure that this dude would rather live than die.

You're right, he'll be dead either way and like any other human, would definitely rather be alive, even if it is in a supermax facility getting bumraped by Bubbles from cell row G, I just hate any form of mercy upon sick and twisted people... I myself am pretty sick and twisted... but I use my powers for good, like getting kittens out of trees and shit like that.

OFFFFFF WITH HIS HEAAAAAAAAAAAD!

When a dangerous dog is put down, is it to punish that dog, or to deter other dogs? Neither, it is to remove what we regard as an unacceptable threat. I don't agree with the death penalty, but I don't think your argument is a good one, it rests on a false dichotomy.

Yeah but it's easier and cheaper to just lock him up for life. With the dog it costs almost nothing to euthanize. But with the humans it costs millions and takes multiple decades, and there's always a chance that you're killing the wrong person.

Also, this implies that we do not kill people simply to remove them from society--life imprisonment already serves that purpose. My dichotomy is therefore not a false one.

UPDATE:

Child killer testifies from death row: 'I guess the Lord hid my veins'

NBC NEWS

A condemned child killer and rapist testified from Ohio's death row Friday in a bid to get his execution postponed because the state plans to use an untested cocktail of drugs for a lethal injection.

Ronald Phillips, who is due to be put to death Nov. 14, told a judge via video hookup that prison doctors couldn't find veins in his arm during a checkup two weeks ago.

"I guess the Lord hid my veins from them," Phillips said, according to The Associated Press. He added that he had a lifelong fear of needles.

Phillips, 40, was sentenced to death for the 1993 rape and beating death of his girlfriend's 3-year-old daughter, Sheila Marie Evans, and he was recently denied clemency.

Advertise | AdChoices

His lawyers say they have not been given enough time to investigate recent changes to Ohio's execution protocol that might violate Phillips' constitutional protection against cruel and unusual punishment.

Ohio is one of several states that have been forced to tinker with execution methods because a commonly used drug — pentobarbital — is in short supply after the manufacturer banned its sale to prisons for executions.

The initial plan was to secure pentobarbital from a specialty pharmacy that would make up the lethal dose without oversight by the Food and Drug Administration.

In court papers, Phillips' lawyers said that method was too risky because no one could guarantee the pharmacist would not tamper with the dose to make the execution painful.

Continued at:
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...-death-row-i-guess-the-lord-hid-my-veins?lite

In cases like this I just think about the family of this poor child. Her parents have to live with the knowledge for the rest of their lives that their BABY suffered pain of death with this scum grunting and sweating over her. That is a life sentence like no other hell on earth I could imagine. As a parent I take these types of crimes personally. As for the perpetrator I can't even fathom a penalty that could equalize, in any way, what he's caused others to suffer. And that's just how he got his kicks? No way, no form of life is lower than this "person".

One issue that even the most liberal can get behind is the execution of a child rapist/killer. This is as it should be. Society doesn't do enough to protect the weak and innocent, the young and old. The law should be followed though so as not to lose the option of capital punishment.
If any criminal deserves the death penalty it is the sick psychopath that sees a child as a sexual object. The crime was committed in 1993. He has had 21 years more than his victim. Kill him already.

The nature of defending rights is that you will end up defending those rights even for abhorrent people. If you believe in the right to freee speech, you have to defend ignorant, bigoted speech, even for those who themselves would not uphold that right. If you believe in the right to free assembly, you must defend it even for groups of people who, given the chance, would not let you freely assemble. If you believe in the right to life, you have to defend it even for the most disgusting human beings, even for those who have taken life themselves. Acting out of hate is not how a developed and civilised society should behave collectively. If it was my child, of course I would want that person dead. I would probably want him to suffer. These are some of the reasons that we have a legal system, and don't settle blood feuds like it's the Dark Ages. The death penalty is an anachronistic vestige of a less enlightened time.

Sorry to say but I think god could care less if he dies at this point ( whether real or not) you raped and killed a baby. I vote beating him to death after he's raped. This fucker doesn't deserve the shot he's gonna get. I honestly can't believe he's fighting it.

That being said I'm not really for the death penalty who am I or anyone to decide the fate of ones life.

Wow I was piss drunk when I wrote that. Did not even remember it until today. Going to delete it right now........8(

UPDATE:

Child killer testifies from death row: 'I guess the Lord hid my veins

I have absolutely zero experience in regards to IV.

But I would have taken off my belt, wrapped it and smacked the fuck out of this pedophile fuck's arms until we got something going.

In court papers, Phillips' lawyers said that method was too risky because no one could guarantee the pharmacist would not tamper with the dose to make the execution painful.

HOW DO THESE LAWYERS SLEEP AT NIGHT.... THIS PHARMACIST HAD THE RIGHT IDEA, LET THIS TWISTED ABOMINATION SUFFER. NO CHILD SHOULD GO THROUGH ANY PAIN LIKE THIS.

'god' wouldnt support us killing or torturing someone to death, all major religions agree that you should not take another humans life

in fact a buddhist would not kill a fly / mosquito / bug on purpose, revenge doesn't solve anything, sadism is not a good human quality, it brings us down to the child rapists level if anything

i think having to live with your own thoughts for the rest of your life after committing such a heinous crime is a larger punishment than death

A slug to the head would suffice...

I mean a 65 cent bullet isn't that expensive....

You'd have to be absolutely whack to miss...