• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oh boy..I feel really terrible, you guys :(

Bomb319

Bluelighter
Half an hour ago, I just broke an 8 month clean streak :( I'm on methadone maintenance, and am prescribed a high amount (220 mg) because I'm so resistant to it (I will get withdrawal symptoms as advanced as sneezing fits, chills with goosebumps and nausea after only 24 hours past my dose). Overall, 'done has been GREAT to me; but lately I've been taking more at one time since it works so much better, followed by a day of abstinence which is enough to make me feel sick (granted it's nowhere near the worst I've had, but enough to make me very lethargic and restless). My w/d from it has been getting worse and worse, until I finally started having dreams about craving and scoring again :( Since I happened to get a nice large amount of cash from a relative coinciding with a lot of free time, I called up my old guy whose is hard to resist because it's very high quality, and they deliver.

I really hope this doesn't screw me over too badly at the clinic...do staff (in general of course) kick you off the program for ONE slip much later?? The only reason I even did this is because I knew his is high enough quality for me to feel, despite having taken up to 440 mg methadone in the past 24 hours - and I did. I really don't think I will do it again though because it IS extremely expensive and not economical since the high is of course tremendously blunted compared to what it could be. 'Done also seems to satisfy cravings and control it all, but not lately.

EDIT: My next doctor's appointment is in 8 days. I should be fine for the testing as long as they don't call me in for a random any time this week o_o. I almost feel as if I just needed to get this out of my system. Being clean for so long, withdrawal being almost omnipresent, and particularly the dreams set off a chain reaction in my mind.

FUCK. The icing on the cake: after going through all of this, I MISS - my biggest strongest one I was going to go to sleep to. Now I remember one of the reasons I hate this shit: my body will simply not allow anything going straight into the vein. It was the bane of my god damn existence and nothing's changed. First I spent 20 minutes trying and failing to register all over. I finally get a strong hit, and as I'm plunging the whole f'ing contents suddenly somehow go AROUND IT and form a huge lump - evem though I didn't move it. Unreal. If I lose my take-home doses for THIS, I will not be happy.

Yes I know I still get some of it absorbed sub Q, but with such an enormous tolerance to methadone, the actual rush is about the only reason to even do it at all...UGH.

Even the nurses in the hospital couldn't do it when I came in for knee surgery a few years ago. They each missed twice and had to call the boss to do it.

Woah, how much dope do you have too shoot to feel it on 220mgs of methadone.

It's possible that methadone might not be for you, although I'll leave that to the doctors, even though clinic doctors are going to be the first to perpetrate unneccesarily high prescriptions on patients. I used to use 2g of New England heroin a day, with my use sometimes getting higher from time to time and went to the methadone clinic to get help. I went as high as 120mg, but the truth is, 80mg-90mg was holding me just fine. The problem with allowing "business" to encroach on the drug-treatment scene, is that these for-profit clinics have a well vested interest in keeping you, it's just a fact of life; they're there for the money, not for you.

If you are needing to supplement your methadone with other opioids even as you approach the accepted dose-ceiling, it is a bad sign. I don't want you to have to go through the pain (and there's a lot of it) associated with methadone withdrawal if you don't have to. You're just going to end up with an astronomically high tolerance at the rate you're going. Step back and try to get some perspective on the situation. You're dealing with not only the issue of tolerance, you're still needing to go through the illegality of procuring opioids from the street, which could potentially put you in county lock-up for a sweat-session from hell.

We're actually seeing lower doses being pushed on people in some clinics out here (west of Mississippi) b/c clinics are overrun with opioid dependent people applying to their program. Seems clinics want to move to a 28 day taper model vs., maintenance due to patient load. Being cynical this could be looked at as profiteering too, with intake fees at $50 or more per patient... When intake costs as much as two weeks dosing turn around becomes profitable... And they know you'll be back if you don't maintain for awhile

I prefer methadone and would love to go back from bupe which I think is shit, but works when I take it. I actually was ok with daily dosing most of the time, but it would be nice if they'd give take outs to people who area medical marijuana patients.

We're actually seeing lower doses being pushed on people in some clinics out here (west of Mississippi) b/c clinics are overrun with opioid dependent people applying to their program. Seems clinics want to move to a 28 day taper model vs., maintenance due to patient load. Being cynical this could be looked at as profiteering too, with intake fees at $50 or more per patient... When intake costs as much as two weeks dosing turn around becomes profitable... And they know you'll be back if you don't maintain for awhile

I prefer methadone and would love to go back from bupe which I think is shit, but works when I take it. I actually was ok with daily dosing most of the time, but it would be nice if they'd give take outs to people who area medical marijuana patients.
Hi speedballs, why take home doses for MMJ patients? Due to difficulty driving while stoned?

^^ What i meant is that clinics in my state, where cannabis is legal, still test for THC and deny take outs, except the typical Sunday/holiday take out. I won't go back to driving to the clinic daily indefinitely, if I could earn take homes while using my medical marijuana life would be grand. I would have more energy, sleep better and absolutely would not relapse on methadone. Methadone completely satisfies me, and I've had two weeks of take outs previously and always took as directed, after the honeymoon period doubling up was useless.

That said, bupe has worked decently. Up until two years ago I'd take "vacations" for a few days and use dope. It's been a long time since i did that, so in reality bupe is ideal for me if I get SubuTEX, which I do, in tiny pills I can insulfate as needed, the taste is horrid. I digress.

Stop UA-ing marijuana patients who want access to MMT like other "compliant" patients! Federal regs allow for marijuana use and take outs, just state or clinic policies that need changed. Few people realize that weed isn't on the Federal list of drugs of abuse that MMT clinics must test for in all patients. My state seems ambivalent, the MMT authority isn't clear about their stance, so it's really up to clinics here, I've fought the good fight and lost, so... bupe. My bupe dr knows I have medical mj and she UAs me, we look at the results together and say: "bupe check, benzo check, weed check, ok we're testing perfectly!" Doesn't bat an eye, and she's good, not a quack.

Some clinics would deny me take outs b/c of my prescribed benzo. But not the closest clinic to my house, so if they'd change policy... I'd be a re-new patient. I can't go without MMT or bupe, I'm a doper at the deepest level of my soul.

I refuse the clinic route...I do a week short term taper, no more...low doses, split twice per day.

It's trading one drug for another and you're really not "clean" by medical terms.

Say your daily habit is 100mg oxycodone or few bags of herion, damn, you're trading that for 220mg-300mg of methadone per day? What in the fuck?!
(using that as an example)

In your case, sounds like you are at a brick wall with maint...your dose is high, you experience withdrawals after shorter periods of time, it's costing you more, etc.

Have you considered something other than methadone? Suboxone, Kratom, etc?

if you have a PCP that you go to or even better a psychiatrist I would attempt to get on Namenda. My psych has me on methadone, remeron, atenalol, oxycodone 5s no tylenol, klonopin .5+1mg, Vistril and finally the key ingredient is the Namenda. IT's actually an alzheimers drug that lowers ones tolerance to uppers and downers. Works tremendously well as does taking a swig of nyquil before you methadone. Both work wonders.