⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

Cant use emotes, start threads or @ people
Did you figure this out yet?

Were you using mobile browser or desktop?

If on mobile, have you tried to set it to display as desktop site?

When I am writing a post in the text box a number of returns, maybe 5 to 10 lines are entered say every 15 seconds (a guess, not precise by any means). I dont actually see the returns being entered, I just see the text disappear and suddenly I am at the bottom of a page that was a paragraph moments before.
Typing on a screen makes it difficult to delete them before more push the screen away from the text and force me to scroll up to continue typing. I have wound up with pages of returns before I gave up trying to compete with them.
I essentially have to use another notes app then copy, paste in order to make a post.

When I am writing a post in the text box a number of returns, maybe 5 to 10 lines are entered say every 15 seconds (a guess, not precise by any means). I dont actually see the returns being entered, I just see the text disappear and suddenly I am at the bottom of a page that was a paragraph moments before.
Typing on a screen makes it difficult to delete them before more push the screen away from the text and force me to scroll up to continue typing. I have wound up with pages of returns before I gave up trying to compete with them.
I essentially have to use another notes app then copy, paste in order to make a post.
Are you on mobile or computer? Which browser app are you using?

I didn't know where else to ask this and seemed dumb to make a new thread. Looked through some of the stickies but didn't find it.

What's the policy on replying to old threads? There's one in the lounge about a game I wanted to chat about. It's "only" 2 years old.

I didn't know where else to ask this and seemed dumb to make a new thread. Looked through some of the stickies but didn't find it.

What's the policy on replying to old threads? There's one in the lounge about a game I wanted to chat about. It's "only" 2 years old.
If it's open, sure go ahead. I wouldn't make a habit of just going around reviving a bunch of dead threads though.

What game?

ive posted twice before in the BDD forum but it wont let me post anymore, when i scroll to the bottom of the forum it says "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here." i dont think i broke any rules either? it says the same thing at the bottom of every other forum too

ive posted twice before in the BDD forum but it wont let me post anymore, when i scroll to the bottom of the forum it says "You have insufficient privileges to post threads here." i dont think i broke any rules either? it says the same thing at the bottom of every other forum too
It's everyone, not just you. Creating new threads has temporarily been disabled because the site was getting attacked by a network of bots the past few days.

They're working on fixing it.

I have received the email and clicked the link to activate my registration but am still unable to post. The words “you have insufficient privilege to post here” are at the bottom of every forum.

mal fucked it up by mistake - he meant to just make it so greenlighters can't make threads because of the bot invasion - he fixed it tho and we're all good to go now (true story)

cmon
greenlighter here, doesn’t seem accurate. can’t post despite having activated my account.

greenlighter here, doesn’t seem accurate. can’t post despite having activated my account.
Greenlighters can't make new threads until they become BL'ers at 25 posts.

You can however comment and reply on posts. Just can't make new ones.

The reason for this is to curb the spammers that have invaded us as they all only have 1 post. And that's how we catch and ban them.

So go to your favorite threads and reply or comment 25 times. You will then be able to make a NEW thread. Provided you aren't a spammer of course.

We have between 22-25 bots per day making accounts along with the AI. They make an acct. and then after 1 minute they log off. Only reason is to come back and spam us at a future time. 25 per day is 175 accounts being made per week and 170 of those are not real members nor will they ever contribute to BL.

Greenlighters can't make new threads until they become BL'ers at 25 posts.

You can however comment and reply on posts. Just can't make new ones.

The reason for this is to curb the spammers that have invaded us as they all only have 1 post. And that's how we catch and ban them.

So go to your favorite threads and reply or comment 25 times. You will then be able to make a NEW thread. Provided you aren't a spammer of course.

We have between 22-25 bots per day making accounts along with the AI. They make an acct. and then after 1 minute they log off. Only reason is to come back and spam us at a future time. 25 per day is 175 accounts being made per week and 170 of those are not real members nor will they ever contribute to BL.

This is accurate. ^

For now though we've restored permissions for everyone. If the bot situation gets out of hand again, we might have to revert back temporarily. I apologize for this inconvenience and we really appreciate everyone's patience until we get everything sorted out.

My posts aren't being pushed to the top. I think I'm not the only one because I see it happening to others.