⫸STICKY⫷ Official "I CANT POST" Megathread....with Mega-answers

This is new member 'The Metalgypsy' - im on mobile and having a hell of a time being able to even ask a question , whats up?

I still have not received my activation email. I've also went through the sending it again twice still not in ANY FOLDER searched and nothing. Please help

^Please PM either myself, or another member of senior staff the email address you used when signing up for the site. The most likely explanation is a typo. Then we can work on it from there for you.

Link to do this is found in my signature below.

I'm not certain, but if you aren't able to do this because of the status your account is in, then send an email our way with all of the relevant info.

I still have not received my activation email. I've also went through the sending it again twice still not in ANY FOLDER searched and nothing. Please help
i have activated you manually. welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

i have activated you manually. welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Thank you, but I am still not activated. I try to use the search engine and I get the Big red blinking "*** 6WDChevy, YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT ACTIVATED ***", I will be PMing someone tonnight like the previous poster said.

I also have below the red banner, a green banner that says "*** 6WDChevy, you are currently a GREENLIGHTER ***"

I tried to PM you alasdairm and bronson but i get the

"6WDChevy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

and still no emails????????????????????????????????????

not to blow up the thread, but i finally recieved an e-mail witht he activation, clicked the link.........go this

"
Bluelight Message
We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the email, and that your email client has not split the address over several lines.

Please try again with the full address from the email that you received. If it still does not work, try filling in the activation form:
Activation form

If you do not know your activation code, you can find it in the email that was sent to you when you first registered. To have it sent again, please click here:
Send new email with activation code.

If all else fails, email the administrator, making sure that you include your registered email address and username."

tried the manual approach as directions say and got the same thing, guess I email the administrator?

Last edited by a moderator:
he's all set. i screwed up.

6WDChevy, you don't need to post in here and send email. we'll get it one way or another and sending multiple messages on the same subject just duplicates effort and gets confusing.

welcome to bluelight.

alasdair

Why can't i reply to a PM for 180 minutes? I sent a PM, received a reply & now i don't have permission to reply to PM...what can i do or did i do something wrong?

because you are a greenlighter. and in general, greenlighters shouldn't have any reason to send PMs right away unless they are engaging in something against the BLUA...

Hey, I'm having serious problems posting comments. I've activated my account but everytime I try to post a comment it says you are not logged in, etc... I did post one comment but have no idea how that happened, can you or any mod allow me to post?

Well that went through ok but is there some sort of bar on other forums until you have reached a certain number of posts or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are you trying to post? I believe the only restricted forums are The Lounge and Blogs sections. If this is occurring outside of those areas let us know so that we can look into it further.

Otherwise it's simply a matter of becoming a bluelighter, i.e. 50 posts, and up to 24 hours for your account status to change.

Hey, I'm having serious problems posting comments. I've activated my account but everytime I try to post a comment it says you are not logged in, etc... I did post one comment but have no idea how that happened, can you or any mod allow me to post?

Well that went through ok but is there some sort of bar on other forums until you have reached a certain number of posts or what?

Click the box for "remember me" when you log on and that should prevent your account from logging out by the time you get around to making a post.

^ you posted that message so you can clearly post something.

what happens when you try posting elsewhere?

alasdair

I'm new to this site and this may be a stupid question but what is a thread prefix? I've been trying to post but I get error msg saying I have to choose a thread prefix

Certain sections of the site will require you do this. Other Drugs for example. It's just a little drop down menu directly above where you title your post. You'll want to change it from (no prefix) to whatever fits the content you are posting best.

Let us know if that resolves the issue. :)

Yes thank you that worked, for some reason that drop down menu didnt show up while I was using the mobile site but everything is good now thanks again :)