⫸STICKY⫷ OFFICIAL DitM all purpose debate thread

thegreenhand

Administrator
Staff member
welcome to our general debate thread. discussions are absolutely welcomed in news threads, but we recognize that important drug policies may warrant discussion independent of current events.

rules:

1. be civil
2. cite sources as much as you can

love,

tgh

Good idea. Here's a debate topic.

How do you think something like legalization would actually eliminate the black market when governments want to charge top dollar for their services, pay themselves exorbitantly, and outside agencies jack up the prices for everything because they know their customer Mr. Federal Governments bank account is the national treasury? Blacm market will just get cheaper in response to make themselves even more appealing to the common drug user. I've seen this personally in Canada in 2018 marijuana legalization. Better product too.

Good idea. Here's a debate topic.

How do you think something like legalization would actually eliminate the black market when governments want to charge top dollar for their services, pay themselves exorbitantly, and outside agencies jack up the prices for everything because they know their customer Mr. Federal Governments bank account is the national treasury? Blacm market will just get cheaper in response to make themselves even more appealing to the common drug user. I've seen this personally in Canada in 2018 marijuana legalization. Better product too.
I’ve wondered this too

my first thought is that revenue from legal sales could be used to provide GCMS testing for the remaining black market sales. Then everyone can know if they have a clean supply

but I have a feeling most legalization efforts would have harsh penalties for distribution outside the sanctioned system, so this is unlikely to become a reality IMO