• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Official Amsterdam/Netherlands Questions Thread

Must sees really depend on the kind of things you like doing really doesn't it.

Well I like doing pretty much everything so this isn't an issue 8)

Take a boat tour,gives you your bearings, costs about £8 from Damraak. Go to the Albert Cuyp St market, then the Vondelpark if clement weather. If you like Horse Riding there is a school up the side of the Vondelpark where you can view lessons from a balcony bar.
As a previous poster said an indescriminate wander around the canals and over to the Jordaan district, is a nice way to spend some time, stopping for copious coffee and cake of course !
The Riechsmuseum is great, though the cat museum stank of, funnily enough, cat piss. The Sex museum is a good laugh.
The flea market at Waterlooplein is fun, with a great (American?) coffee shop across the busy road.

Thank you for the helpful response. HMHB, any specific places that will have beautiful scenery for photography?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=7l4oJXlXf5I

The seven bridges area gives an idea of Amsterdam, you pass this on the way to De Pijp area, where Albert Cuyp St market is. Also walking from the central area to the Jordaan area there are a few nice church towers on the canal sides which make a pleasant photo (beside Anne Franks house).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begijnhof,_Amsterdam

This is a fantastic hidden gem. One minute you are on one of the main shopping streets, the next in this surreal courtyard.

Wish I was going !

No need to be sarcastic some people can be pretty picky about what they enjoy and I'm not a mind reader.

Maybe I'm missing something with Albert Cuyp St market but it just seemed like a normal food market which was great for me as I love food but the rest of the people I went with weren't realy that in awe. It'd be great if you went self catering though.

The Rijksmuseum is showing a reduced selection of stuff as most of it is closed for a refurb. What we saw was very good though.

I got a cool delft elephant teapot in the flea market =D

Places I MUST visit in Amsterdam/Holland. Suggestions?

Id say only spend a few hours in Amsterdam, then get really baked and walk around Rotterdam enjoying the crazy architecture and sculptures. So much fun, and its only like an hour on the train

The Mrs got a couple of pairs of shoes/boots at AC St market, think it was memorable as they were very cheap, and you know women and shoes :)
It was 10 years ago, so my memories could be a bit, er, frayed.

Ah, well I did see a couple of shoe stalls..:D

Amsterdam is amazing you should definitely stay a lot longer than a couple of hours haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=7l4oJXlXf5I

The seven bridges area gives an idea of Amsterdam, you pass this on the way to De Pijp area, where Albert Cuyp St market is. Also walking from the central area to the Jordaan area there are a few nice church towers on the canal sides which make a pleasant photo (beside Anne Franks house).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begijnhof,_Amsterdam

This is a fantastic hidden gem. One minute you are on one of the main shopping streets, the next in this surreal courtyard.

Wish I was going !

Great information, thank you!

Ah, well I did see a couple of shoe stalls..:D

Amsterdam is amazing you should definitely stay a lot longer than a couple of hours haha.

I'll be there for 2 days. :)

Hope this taken in the manner intended.

What's brown and stinks up the attic ?

Anne Franks diarrhoea. :)

Plenty distilleries where I am from, so going round there did not appeal.
Okay, free beer :) , pity it's Heineken though.

Well from the states we're not as fortunate to have such good quality beers :|

Do you by chance know how far Overijssel and Utrecht is from the airport?

Plenty distilleries where I am from, so going round there did not appeal.
Okay, free beer :) , pity it's Heineken though.

that factiry tour we managed to score between the 3 of us a total of around 7L of drink.. not bad for the price xP

Overijssel (Zwolle) to Schiphol is 1hr 40 min on train.
Utrecht is 46km from Schiphol.