• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Offensive or just politically incorrect?

i like carson
(before i continue, let me first point out i am not a fag hag)

without him, the guys are just a few ordinary guys, but if you really want a fair representation of the community, then come on.. it may be a negative stereotype, but it's true- flamboyant gay boys exist and to have just 1 out of 5 ithe show makes perfect sense :p

oh
and john laws is a cockhead

^ I'm a big Carsen fan! He's seriously quite witty and I'm a sucker for a man with a sharp tongue [ohhhh Yarni that sentence is wrong on so many levels].

I can't... hmmm our country constantly amazes [disappoints] me with the level of stupidity and bigotry that every now and again rears its ugly head. I realise that John Laws says things to create discussion and controversy [its what keeps his show on the air isn't it?] but it sickens me that he would say things like this. Like Pleo said, possibly the worst thing about this whole situation for me is the fact I know there were actually people listening at home who would agree with him.

CARSON <3

Stupid laws, god hes such an old wanker who cant accept that todays world isnt "what it used to be".

what a dick....go carson :)

Personally i do not like the character that Carson portrays on tele one bit........annoys shit out of me.........I do however like the quiet one Jai.......I think it is........ whether I would like carson in real life........I will never no.

However the remarks by Laws and similar ones by the big beer swilling men known as Merrick and Rosso really dont bother me that much exzcept that I find it sad that these fools think that they actrually get a laugh from this stuff.

Maybe 10 years ago but not anymore..........its boring and really just babyish.

The world that i see out there has moved on from being scared of gay people and ridiculing them to just accepting that some people are that way.

Sure there are some golden oldies who still think that all black men are slaves but they are a fast dieing race thank god.

Thankfully homophobia is dieing.......

I dont think that taking Laws to court has or will achieve anything other than give the jerk more publicity.

Personally I think its probably more valuable simply to try to point out via letters to the editor or whatever how painfully babyish and silly his statements are in todays society.

Its like making stupid jokes about black people and slaves......if you understand where I am coming from???

Oh and so to answer the original question...........Neither Raz........I thinks its just baby talk.........or maybe senility talking????.................lol.

Last edited:
First off before I go on with my point;

Carson is a really clever, quick witted person who I respect but who's personality I hate.

John Laws is there to make controversy and when you play with fire you’re going to get burnt. He has crossed a line (again) and should cop all he gets for it.

Now with that said; Political correctness is getting way out of hand (not in the above example, just in general ... please don’t hurt me ....)

I often speak publicly on a range of things and I don’t discriminate or have any negative thoughts towards people based on their life choices or situations. (As far as I know).

It therefore came as a large shock to me when I was told to be very careful to avoid people thinking I am sexist because in my last presentation I only used 2 positive female examples out of 8 examples totalled.

How bloody ridiculous, she deducted 2 marks for it!! This is political correctness gone nutz as far as I am concerned. I didn't even realize this fact until she told me, and the fact that she was counting them is outrageous. The fact that they were real life examples meant that that was how it worked out, and in no way was it implied that males are better in education than females in a 2:6 ratio (because anyone that has looked knows of females dominance)

It actually infuriated me to be told I even MAY have a sexist vibe coming off.

On the same note, there was a person that I didn’t get along with and as a totally separate point he was also gay. I told him once that I didn’t wish to talk to him and then he blasted me in public for being a homophobe. This really pissed me off because his sexual preference wasn’t even an issue, I really just didn’t like him as a person. Luckily there was one of my good friends in the food court and he came over and went off at him for accusing me of being discriminatory since I was his friend and he was also openly gay.

These situations have been arising far too often lately, to me and others, where if something goes wrong or is said, people are over analysing to find some sort of non-existent bias. It’s just an issue that really cheeses me off so I thank you for letting me get it off my chest. Even now I feel like I have to make sure that people don’t get the wrong idea and realise that this comment doesn’t refer to every time someone is called a racist, sexist etc. its just on the occasion (that isn’t that rare anymore) that people go crazy and say everything is bias. There is obvious discrimination out there and I have no issue for sexist, racist, homophobe or hetrophobes (they exist) to be lined up an shot.

(I haven’t re-read this and was interrupted several times in the writing of it … if it doesn’t make sense just ignore it)

I think everyone is being a little oversensitive about Laws' comments. Clearly he was just speaking shit and trying to make a joke. He can't be held responsible for whether or not his audience will sit there saying "yeah right on John". Obviously Laws does not really seriously believe Fashions On The Field should be judged by truck drivers.
I agree Laws is a dickhead as is Alan Jones, Neil Mitchell, Steve Price and all the rest of the AM talkback goons. It is their job to pander to their audience, if they don't then they don't get the ratings and don't make the big bucks.

I say take his comments for what they are; a tongue in cheek rant. There are things just as offensive (if not more offensive) in the Sick, Twisted and Wrong Jokes thread here in Aus Social.

Beech out

I like your way of thinking Trentis.........and agree that its out of control (political correctness).

In fact you probably could have destroyed the marker cos out of any 8 people i suspect that one will be black and one chinese and one gay and one..........well u get the picture...........

In a way its just a continuation of this labels thing.........I think as a society we need to move on now and stop worrying about what label someone is......ie hetero, homo or bi.........and stop worrying about what race a person is and what religion and what age and what undies colour they wear and if they bath in the morning or the afternoon or if they fold or scrunch.

I mean lets all just start to accept that we are all human beings.

ummm surely laws is entitled to his views just as we are to our own?

i dont necessarily agree with what hes saying, but hes just speaking his mind about what he thinks..... has anyone ever heard the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me??"

who cares if someone says something nasty about u, big deal, shrug it off and tell them to get fucked..... its just a bunch of words

anyone who gets upset and thinks they have been wronged when someone says something they dont like on radio or tv is an idiot imo.... who cares what john laws thinks, hes one person that u dont even know, and if u dont like him, u dont want to know him, so why get upset about what he says?? obviously the ppl hes able to influence are idiots as well, so why would u care about what those ppl think?

i see the gay activist as pathetic..... hes just giving laws comments way more publicity than they would have gotten anyway by suing, and harming his own cause i feel.... hes just getting more ppl to find out about these comments that john laws made, and hence more people who possibly could be influenced against gay ppl to hear them.... if he wins a legal decision against him i think that is absurd.... we cant even speak our mind anymore?? next they will be telling us we cant think negatively of anyone for any reason

society is turning into a bunch of soft legless chumps who get upset over the smallest things..... calling someone a bunch of names cant hurt someone, they are just words, and the people who get upset over things like this need to toughen up quicksmart imo..... sometimes i think everyone in the world should get at least ONE good ass-whipping so everyone knows what REALLY hurts..... then nobody would give a flying fuck if somebody called them a name

things like this can only be offensive IF YOU LET them offend u..... to anyone who is upset about this, think about it..... who cares what he says? shrug it off, it really isnt a big deal.... hes an idiot anyway, idiots do stupid things.... dont let it bother u, thats what people like him want....

Last edited:
^ I agree with some of that, partly,

no one is holding a gun to anyones head and forcing them to listen, it's there if you want - it's not if you don't.

eze451 said:

i dont necessarily agree with what hes saying, but hes just speaking his mind about what he thinks..... has anyone ever heard the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me??"

who cares if someone says something nasty about u, big deal, shrug it off and tell them to get fucked..... its just a bunch of words

anyone who gets upset and thinks they have been wronged when someone says something they dont like on radio or tv is an idiot imo.... who cares what john laws thinks, hes one person that u dont even know, and if u dont like him, u dont want to know him, so why get upset about what he says?? obviously the ppl hes able to influence are idiots as well, so why would u care about what those ppl think?

i see the gay activist as pathetic..... hes just giving laws comments way more publicity than they would have gotten anyway by suing, and harming his own cause i feel.... hes just getting more ppl to find out about these comments that john laws made, and hence more people who possibly could be influenced against gay ppl to hear them.... if he wins a legal decision against him i think that is absurd.... we cant even speak our mind anymore?? next they will be telling us we cant think negatively of anyone for any reason

society is turning into a bunch of soft legless chumps who get upset over the smallest things..... calling someone a bunch of names cant hurt someone, they are just words, and the people who get upset over things like this need to toughen up quicksmart imo..... sometimes i think everyone in the world should get at least ONE good ass-whipping so everyone knows what REALLY hurts..... then nobody would give a flying fuck if somebody called them a name

things like this can only be offensive IF YOU LET them offend u..... to anyone who is upset about this, think about it..... who cares what he says? shrug it off, it really isnt a big deal.... hes an idiot anyway, idiots do stupid things.... dont let it bother u, thats what people like him want....

Well said. I totally agree with this.

Though I do not hold views of beliefs in any way similar to John Law's I respect his right to have his own point of view.

i respect his right to hold such bigoted views but it's highly irresponsible of laws to voice such opinions publicly, especially when such opinions are likely to generate hate for homosexuals in the hearts and minds of a percentage of his listeners. for some, these comments may be interpreted as an encouragement to perform acts of violence against gays.

i really don't think laws was being satirical or tongue in cheek at all, he just cleverly threw a few jokes into the mix to somewhat disguise his underlying message of hate.

I agree with the "sticks and stones may break my bones" theory to a certain extent, however the problem with a public figure like John Laws saying this sort of thing goes deeper than simple name calling. His views hold a position of authority in some people's minds (god help them), so his comments may serve to further engrain a discriminatory attitude towards gays. People without minds of their own allow people like Laws to think for them, and his views are replicated by people who don't really understand them but preach the same sentiments because "the guy with the deep voice said so".

If all that happens is that gay people get called names, then that'd be harmless. But imagine if a gay person was at a job interview. Or not even someone gay - maybe a heterosexual male who just so happened to have an efeminant voice. What if the person doing the hiring was a mindless drone who believed everything John Laws said? There wouldn't be any name calling, but the overall effect of the unconcious biggotry that may result is probably worse.

This is not meant to be an example of what will happen more frequently now or anything like that. But I think that it's missing some important factors to say that these comments (and all other comments like it) are "just words". Add a bunch of small things together and you end up with something big. And in this case, the small thing reached a very large audience.

Yes I think its fair to say that anyone in the public eye has a certain ammount of power............obviously someone such as laws has a very large ammount.

With power comes responsibility.

Is saying stupid things such as this responsible???

i agree its not responsible, and that it will influence his listeners views, but hey, i think its their right to think what they want to think, just because its different to my opinion and our opinion, does that mean that we are definately right? who do u think should be able to decide what people can and cant say in a public arena? if someone thought someone was gay and didnt hire him because he wouldnt be comfortable working with him i think its fair enough to hire the person he feels more comfortable with.... i know if i was hiring, and i had to chose between 2 guys, one of whom was a little better for the job, but i liked the other guy a bit better, i would chose the guy i liked.... i think thats the employer's right

imo, its his show, and he has a right to say what he wants, yeh there are alot of us who think his views are idiotic, but there are also alot of people who would agree and be glad he said it..... opinions have no right or wrong, its just how u feel, and john laws just expressed his.... he didnt come out and say "everyone go smash gays"

if laws is guilty of irresponsibility, than so are movies and music that dipects rape, murder, drug abuse, violence etc.... because yeh someone could draw from laws views that violence is ok against gays (altho it would take an incredibly stupid person), but a person who listened to eminem could draw from his music that its ok to rape and kill your mother and wife (altho once again it would take an incredibly stupid person)

there will always be idiots, but how do u stop them from seeing or hearing stuff like this? start censoring everything? banning everything? we will end up living like monks and die of mass celibacy

Last edited:
^^^ that's where i draw the line. i'm fairly strongly with your "sticks and stones" comment, because i will defend free speech (so much so as to defend, even, nazis' right to air their views) to the last hilt, but i don't think it should be a fair grounds for discrimination.

the best (wo)man should ALWAYS be chosen for the job.

that will never happen tho, unless we are a totally homogenous society were literally EVERYONE is the same, otherwise people are going to form different opinions on different kinds of ppl, right or wrong, thats the way it is... imagine if for whatever reason u didnt like black people.... if u own a company shouldnt it be your right seen as it is your company to not hire blacks if u so choose? i think so, its your company, u own it, u should be able to hire who u want

This gay activist needs to get a job. He's already suing John Laws for anti-gay comments and clearly has a beef with him. It's like slipping over and hurting your back at K-Mart, twice .. hardly credible.
"Look at me - I'm not wearing fishnet stockings and carrying a black Glomesh handbag and miming to Shirley Bassey records and I will put John Laws in court again."
Get a life.

eze is the man .. im going to hire him to post for me.

Originally posted by eze451
imagine if for whatever reason u didnt like black people.... if u own a company shouldnt it be your right seen as it is your company to not hire blacks if u so choose?

no.

expressing an opinion (go for it) is one thing. preventing employment is another...

pekkie is politically incorrect

if that is her real name

Originally posted by eze451

Alright then, how would you react if he said those things about a race rather than a sexuality?

If he 'ranted on' with pathetic, derogatory remarks about Asians, or Australians, or Italians, etc?

It disgusts me that someone of Law's 'stature' in society, being fully aware of his power within his listening audience can say such things and get away with it.