• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'Of course it's loaded you stupid s***': Final words of GHB user

Guns and drugs and alcohol don't mix kids. Who the fuck brings a shotgun to a threesome anyways? Idiots. All of them.

I don't think anyone is saying that education and/or training is a bad thing. It's possible to hold a belief that is not on one extreme or the other.

In this case, the preventative education would be the same as what we teach people about cars: do not operate while intoxicated.

There's no point telling people not to use guns while intoxicated if they're already likely to accidentally kill someone sober. Untrained people with guns are a huge danger, even sober,

No what people need to be taught are the basic rules.

Treat all guns as if they're loaded at all times. All guns are always loaded.
Never point it at anything you aren't willing to see destroyed or killed. Not ever, no excuses.
And unless you need to pull the trigger, keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard at all times. No exceptions.

That's the absolute basics. If people followed those rules, gun accidents would all but disappear.
It's such a simple thing. So if there's a chance at all you might be in control of a firearm at some point in your life, you should know at least that much.

Wouldn't not operating a gun while intoxicated be a basic safety rule..?

It would seem to me that someone who is playing with a firearm while intoxicated has already disregarded basic safety rules... also, it seems like you are running on the assumption that people who have had basic safety training with firearms are not involved in firearm accidents, which is far from the truth.

Accidents happen, even with proper training. Like I already said, training is a good thing but I doubt it would be the solution here. There are numerous things that lead to the unfortunate incident, and likewise numerous things that could have prevented it. These people clearly had a disregard for safety.