• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe OD info buprenorphine

speedballs_over

Bluelighter
I copied this from an old thread that is closed. It reminded me of something HR related that doesn't get enough exposure, and with an increasing prevalence of bupe on the street I think it's important:

"Just be really careful messing with buprenorphine as in overdose, it's quite dangerous. Yes, it does have a ceiling effect on respiratory depression, but treating a bupe OD essentially consists of putting the patient on a ventilator and getting them up to ICU to let the bupe clear their system. Even very large amounts of injected Narcan frequently do little to reverse a bupe OD. Also, make sure that you're not combining the IV bupe with any other CNS depressant, as that's when bupe starts to get really risky."

I've seen this myself, a bupe involved OD (no other opioids), from subutex (no naloxoxe, intra-nasally, ~1-mg, slight tolerance), alcohol and Xanax. But this can happen with just bupe alone. No amount of naloxoxe was going to save this guy. I witnessed EMTs give him three mega doses, the dose EMTs here use, 3 x the amount in the naloxoxe kits at the syringe exchange. Nothing. Had to be hospitalized and intubated. Took about twenty four hours from taking that bupe to regaining consciousness.

Bupe can kill. Granted it's rare, but it happens and it's way more dangerous than a heroin OD, all things being equal. It absolutely tries hospitalization. A friend with naloxoxe won't be able to help.

This is why it's also ridiculous to have Suboxone. Subutex is all we need. Save the naloxoxe for the OD kits!!!

Wow that's crazy! Only heard of people OD'ing from bupe when they exceed the ceiling dose. How much Xanax did he take and how much alcohol did he drink? any idea? I take subutex everyday IV in 2mg doses throughout the day along with 2-4 mg of klonopin orally, but never drink. I have a VERY high tolerance to both bupe and benzos though, I have been taking this combo for like 4 years now.

Also I think suboxone is useless too, the fact that they put the naloxone in it really just as a scare tactic to make people think they will go into withdrawls if they take it any other way than sublingually, which btw is NOT true as I have done suboxone every way possible and never went into to any withdrawl. Subutex is better any ways in general, it is just bupe, has no coloring or flavoring in it, and its much cheaper in the pharm if you don't have insurance. I think it feels a bit stronger than suboxone, some say they feel no difference in the two, but I def do.