Obama administration to allow recreational marijuana laws to stand

This will be very interesting. Let's see if he calls off the alphabet boys now.

Well, though it is encouraging that Obama has at least said the words, like the others stated, it could have been a lot more favorable. Everyone will get a little more comfortable and then it wouldn't surprise me if we see some major thing happen that MJ is used as the scapegoat and then we will hear..."see told you MJ was BAD".

I agree that the DEA is currently doing whatever they want and I don't think Obama is inclined to do much seeing as he doesn't have to worry about election again. I guess a lot will depend on who goes into the presidency next and how much pressure they receive to end the war on drugs. I think they CAN put a stop to the DEA bullshit but will they?

I'm also encouraged about the news. We had a pilot scheme in London years ago to decriminalise cannabis. They abandoned it, unsurprisingly. There was also another scheme to prescribe diamorphine to heroin addicts; many of them led healthy, productive lives without resorting to crime to pay for their drug.

I've got 6 weeks holiday stored up. Anyone want to meet up in Denver 4/20/14 and mesaure lung capacity? :)

(I did book for 420 btw).

I'm Canadian, but still, this is absolutely PHENOMENAL news.

Thank God some people are still sane.

Tom

I pray to God Parliament emulates Obamas policy here; we have had a reputation as Americas bitch in the past, after all....

Could this finally mark the beginning of the end of our antiquated and Puritan Prohibitionist mindset towards recreational drugs?

dopemegently;11800612 said:
Could this finally mark the beginning of the end of our antiquated and Puritan Prohibitionist mindset towards recreational drugs?

It's beginning to look more and more likely.

The head honcho of the world health organisation was fired a few years back for announcing that marijuana and MDMA should be legalised because in its purest forms (which it would be manufactured and regulated in the pure forms if legalised) it is less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes. But i honestly think that would be the limit (if MDMA was to ever be legalised 8o <3 omg!!) in regards to all drugs being legal. There are too many health risks involved with other drugs

Obama is a genius. With the population stoned they won't care about his aggressive and unconstitutional presidential style. However Obama, I don't think the stoned people will be too happy about the war. Why? Because stoned people like to ask why.

Hmmm I hope this will keep my local dispensaries operating without having to re-locate all of the time. I get so sad when a good one is shut down.