• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids O-Desmethyltramadol

Misspelled -- should've read "miosis".

But I think you knew what I meant.

and you can see this haploid cell division? obviously desmethyltramadol has undocumented effects on vision and perception.

The doses reported in this thread imply that the material in circulation has been cut.

Careful with the dose guys!!! 30mg gave me more than enough effects! Onset at 15min, peaking between 2h and 3h, with a clear maximum at 2.5h, off at 3h, not out at 4h, sleep at 5h good but not quickly achieved. Its comparable with 150mg Tramadol, but there's more of an opiate effect which usually takes even higher doses of Tramadol.

I'm not an opiate user (only had M once in 1985 after an explosion accident with surgery), but I love my occasional Tramadol though hadn't it for maybe 2 months. I advise strongly against taking 100mg of O-Desmethyltramadol as a first dose for a non-tolerant user!

And DON'T snort it, it looks like theres an excess hydrochloride acid present. HPLC is 95.3%, MS is okay. NMR appears also ok, but I have to look closer, will post it later, gotta go to an appointment. But you can PM me your email to get the spectras (can't post pdf's here!?).

Last edited:
Careful with the dose guys!!! 30mg gave me more than enough effects! Onset at 15min,peaking between 2h and 3h,with a clear maximum at 2.5h,off at 3h,not out at 4h,sleep at 5h good but not quickly achieved.Its comparable with 150mg Tramadol,but there's more of an opiate effect which usually takes even higher doses of Tramadol.

I'm not an opiate user (only had M once in 1985 after an explosion accident with surgery),but I love my occasional Tramadol though hadn't it for maybe 2 months.I advise strongly against taking 100mg of O-Desmethyltramadol as a first dose for a non-tolerant user!

And DON'T snort it,it looks like theres an excess hydrochloride acid present.HPLC is 95.3%,MS is okay.NMR appears also ok,but I have to look closer,will post it later,gotta go to an appointment.But you can PM me your email to get the spectras (can't post pdf's here!?).

Thanks for the info! 95% pure then?! I'd say pure enough.
I'm not opiate tolerant either and found 70 mgs a little too much: It made me nod which had never happened to me with codeine or DHC and I had a headache the next day and some weird half awake dreams before finally falling asleep. 35 mgs was a my next try and it was ok. No nodding, no headache the next day no weird dreams. My sweet spot might be around 40-50 mgs.

I've got a gram of this on the way, i'll post reports once i've tested it.

I'm assuming that you can't chase (smoke) it?

Are there any other easily availiable opiate analogues, i.e. ones you can get online?

first post on bluelight.

got a gram of this stuff about a week ago, been experimenting with it.
taken it several times, in varying doses from 10 mg to 50 mg, oral, plugged, and insufflated.

40 mg insufflated gives a nice, mellow buzz that lasts a few hours. not as euphoric as something like OC but definitely better than codeine, IMO. noticeable mood lift and great anxiolytic effects. itching like crazy as well.

also tried some with mephedrone the other day, 40 mg of each plugged. it was my first time doing mephedrone and i have to say it was one of the most euphoric comeups i have ever had. the meph probably had a lot to do with that, but even so, it was a good combination. proceeded to go on a 2+ gram binge with some friends after that. that shit is impossible to stop doing once you get the rush.

off topic, but anyway, id say 0-desmethyltramadol is a good investment for those without access to other opiates, or who just want a mild downer when the need arises.

I've got a gram of this on the way, i'll post reports once i've tested it.

I'm assuming that you can't chase (smoke) it?

Are there any other easily availiable opiate analogues, i.e. ones you can get online?

since o-desmethyltramadol is one of the active metabolites of tramadol i would think smoking it would work, if you can snort and plug it

about the opiate analogues, if you have to ask, you'll never know.

Careful with the dose guys!!! 30mg gave me more than enough effects! Onset at 15min,peaking between 2h and 3h,with a clear maximum at 2.5h,off at 3h,not out at 4h,sleep at 5h good but not quickly achieved.Its comparable with 150mg Tramadol,but there's more of an opiate effect which usually takes even higher doses of Tramadol.

I'm not an opiate user (only had M once in 1985 after an explosion accident with surgery),but I love my occasional Tramadol though hadn't it for maybe 2 months.I advise strongly against taking 100mg of O-Desmethyltramadol as a first dose for a non-tolerant user!

And DON'T snort it,it looks like theres an excess hydrochloride acid present.HPLC is 95.3%,MS is okay.NMR appears also ok,but I have to look closer,will post it later,gotta go to an appointment.But you can PM me your email to get the spectras (can't post pdf's here!?).

I assume this is taken orally? Did you have anything to eat beforehand, or an empty stomach?

Would the excess hydrochloric acid be enough to damage mucous membranes/body cells, or is it just going to produce strong discomfort?

If nobody's posted it yet I think the lowest dose made is 25mg which is about the threshold dose for most people. Maybe an opiate naive person could feel 12.5. So I guess a threshold dose of O-Desmethyl could be around 10mg give or take 5?

I took mine p.o. on an empty stomach.

As for the hcl, I could smell it weakly, after some time, after I placed the compound in a small glass bottle. Above the solid,on the glasswall, I noticed a few drops of a watery liquid (temperatur change due to transportation in the cold). Conclusion is that some hcl excess is present, respectively a hydrate form of Desmethyltramadol crystallised, or, aqueus hcl was used to make the hcl salt. Or, it was precipitated.Or its somewhat hygroscopic (store it dry!!)

There are a few small solvent peaks in the NMR pointing to difficulties to crystallize the salt. Not unexpected, given the presence of all those polar groups.

While its probably not that much hcl,smelling on the compound though produces a slight sting in the nose. Not good to snort or plug if you ask me (or ask Yopo!?), but no problem to drink.

Hey, what was that great line from the Sisters of Mercy? With only a slight change it becomes "Acid on the ass so she walks on the ceiling" lol...

If nobody's posted it yet I think the lowest dose made is 25mg which is about the threshold dose for most people. Maybe an opiate naive person could feel 12.5. So I guess a threshold dose of O-Desmethyl could be around 10mg give or take 5?

I started with 10-15 mgs and felt it weakly.
Threshold may be lower for more sensitive people.
I'd say for not opioid tolerant or sensitive people:
1-10 mgs threshold.
10-30 mgs low dose
30-60 average dose
60-onwards hard dose

Any theories as to why the actual increase in potency is nowhere near the presumed theoretical increase?-DG

1.) Hydroxyl group prevents penetration into the blood-brain barrier and facilitates excretion.
2.) It may not be as full an agonist as the more common thebaine derived compounds.

You can smoke this stuff? I smoked virtually a half a gram off foil last night, and it works. The taste isnt terrible either. The powder melts then turns into a resin which smokes very nicely. If you hold the smoke of a big hit in for 40 seconds you start feeling it. The rest of the gram i took orally, and got pretty fucked up (nodding hard, stumbling around). No muscle spasms or anything like tramadol.....

Still, i'd say its only a decent opioid.....

If it takes a half gram smoked to get effects then that's horribly inefficient.
Has anyone else tried to smoke/vape?

I've been on methadone for about 8 years, after 12 years of IV use of heroin in one of the few place and times where police seizures were frequently testing in the low to mid 90's for purity. Although abstaining from all hard drugs, I moved about two years ago and been having to attend a clinic which only allows two weeks supply per visit where I was used to a month, and then phased me down once per week for giving a urine of 17 mg/dL of creatinine although I passed the retest and was prescribed to drink large amounts of water for kidney stones which were shredding my kidneys at the time. Having lowered my dosage from 80mg to 40, I was curious about whether O-desmethyltramadol as a moderate strength opioid could be similar in price while removing some of the bureaucracy of a methadone clinic, giving me some freedom to use cannabis and not have to drive an hour once per week to the clinic and risk missing days from snow, car trouble, etc. On my previous clinic these were not concerns because they didn't test for THC metabolites and within walking distance of my last residence was a clinic which gave 4 weeks of take home doses.

My first experiments were with low doses to be sure of allergies or the possibility of some antagonist activity to methadone which a few anecdotal reports of standard tramadol have described. I had no problems, and worked my way up to two 150mg insufflated doses per day which more than substituted for all but ten milligrams of my daily 40mg dose, but ran out before I got to a point where I felt comfortable with trying it to fully replace my daily methadone, but I think 300mg per day probably will. At this rate it costs roughly the same as my daily dose. The seizure issue concerns me still, but from my experience and the higher dose experiences posted, the seizure risk appears to be greatly lessened if not eliminated.

The opioid effects of this compound appear to take about 3 hours to really feel fully, giving me the impression it's strength comes mostly from it's potency as an agonist and long in vivo half life but seems to have poor bioavailability. I also must say with my current methadone dosage, which I've levelled at for about a year leaves my feeling withdrawals in the morning after waking, and the two 150mg doses of this compound eliminated these problems. The product I had obtained smelled as if it had trace amounts of acetone, but could be another solvent as I'm not familiar with anything that isn't one of the standard consumer grade solvents like acetone, petroleum ether, ethanol, isopropanal etc. After leaving to air out over 3 days, the acetone smell, burning in the nose and throat upon the drain had dissipated by approximately 90%, and highly recommend doing this if you notice the same.

I cannot speak too much about the subjective effects as I was only looking to see how much it would cost me to hold away withdrawals. I can say that the dosages put me at about what I consider to be the ceiling of most of the available poppy pods, with one exception who grows very thick tasmanian pods which are fairly expensive but the only pods that actually got me noticeably intoxicated. The effect seems more euphoric and less sleepy than methadone which is low euphoria and very tiring to those with a marked tolerance. It wasn't as euphoric as heroin, top tier high quality poppies or morphine but moreso than even most above average poppy pods.

I hope someone can find this info useful, I'm planning to trial it further with a new sample soon.

Last edited:
The bad thing about this is that we might not see this again or any other opioid rcs for some time. Well, lucky we got to try it.

Yeah Awesome Bill, I wouldn't put myself in a position of being dependent on it as there are rumors it's not going to be available much longer.