View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

NZ - New 'legal' LSD-like drug under investigation

edgarshade

Bluelighter
TVNZ

Published: 8:18PM Monday March 12, 2012 Source: ONE News

A drug operation run in Hamilton has been shut down following an investigation by TVNZ's Close Up. A new designer drug called Dime has been available online, sold as a capsule containing white powder and marketed as legal. The synthetic high mimics the effects of LSD and ecstasy, filling a void left by Kronic and other 'legal highs' which were banned last year.

Vonk Ltd, a Hamilton-based company directed by Kurt von Keisenberg, imported the powder from Poland. Von Keisenberg, a chemistry graduate, told Close Up he came across the drug through scientific journal articles and internet discussions. He realised he "could purchase the stuff and turn it into something sellable". Von Keisenberg said while the company imported "the pure white powder" from a Polish company he believed it was made in China. He has sold Dime at $30 for two capsules, making it one of the cheapest synthetic highs on the market.

But Close Up commissioned the drug to be tested at ESR, the government-owned laboratory. Tests revealed Dime contains a Class C drug, a modified version of a Class A drug called "DOB". DOB is a designer hallucinogen which been in the market in Europe and Australia for up to five years Vonk Ltd has now accepted it was selling a Class C drug. It said it was shutting the company down and destroying anything left of the drug.

More..
http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/new-legal-lsd-like-drug-under-investigation-4772881

The media is ridiculous when it comes to RC's. Every RC out there apparently mimics LSD, MDMA, Cocaine and Meth all at once.

If LSD wasn't illegal, I doubt RC's would be as prevalent as they are now. I mean, it is certainly plausible for them to be invented but I'm not quite sure they would be as profitable if the general public didn't have such easy access to them.

Poor Bastard had no idear that having that much fun while doing his product could possibly be illegal

The media is ridiculous when it comes to RC's. Every RC out there apparently mimics LSD, MDMA, Cocaine and Meth all at once.

If LSD wasn't illegal, I doubt RC's would be as prevalent as they are now. I mean, it is certainly plausible for them to be invented but I'm not quite sure they would be as profitable if the general public didn't have such easy access to them.
"if LSD wasn't illegal" lol we should start a thread about how much would be different in the world.

So what drug was the guy selling? all i got from the article was that its a modified class A drug. And that DOB is a class A drug

i was under the impression DOB lasted for ages and wasnt super enjoyable? or was that another DOX compound?

Is this referring to NBOMes? Can imagine profit margin being high if a way of dilution successfully developed.

The substance was 25c-NBOMe. There has been Alot of ongoing discussion over on Trip Me since Dime first hit the market a few weeks back. The molecule structure may have actually avoided the analouge laws, despite what the Eviromental Science Research centre has reported to the media, who were not the first to have it tested. But the second ass fuck of the catch all analouge laws of NZ "similar in effects". As Dime was advertised to be similar to ecstasy and LSD they people behind this product could be in abit of trouble, but I highly doubt this as the government will want to avoid case law adding more legal loopholes.

how exactly do you qualify "similar in effects?" action at the 5-HT2A receptor? subjectively similar? if that's the case, then the gov't couldn't REALLY qualify that two drugs have subjectively similar effects without actually giving both of them to someone for comparison...and something tells me that never actually happened.

You could use a behavioural assay, eg. psychedelics cause a dose-dependant increase in the rate of head twitches in mice. Or drug discrimination where rats are trained to do something when given a particular drug, then later, if they do the same thing after being given another drug, it suggests that drug is similar in effect to the training drug.

Fucking idiot selling it, ruining it for the rest of the population. Thanks bro :X