• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nutmeg is surprisingly good...

blase deviant

Bluelighter
I was looking for something, since my abilify blocks K and DXM.

So I tried a little nutmeg (20g) since I had no weed.

It was surprisingly good.

Will this be the next OTC high?

It might've been more intense because I'm schizophrenic (which made it hellish at times)... has anyone else tried it/can you comment?

i think i read a trip report on nutmeg here once, could have been erowid.

blase deviant said:
I was looking for something, since my abilify blocks K and DXM.

So I tried a little nutmeg (20g) since I had no weed.

It was surprisingly good.

Will this be the next OTC high?

It might've been more intense because I'm schizophrenic (which made it hellish at times)... has anyone else tried it/can you comment?

^^^Yea recreational drug use and Schizophrenia are a great mix8)

Nutmeg is the biggest piece of shit drug in the world.

how did you take it?the times i took it i just wanted to puke and it felt like i had sand in my mouth....

^^ I ground fresh nuts and put the ground material in 00 gelcaps. It is just several days of nausea, delerium, and lethargy. I see no recreational potential in it at all. It can also be carcinogenic. Get some dxm instead.

I had nutmeg ONCE and never again.

It was...... shit basically!

Tasted like crap, could taste for hours. Just made a little unsteady, slightly confused i.e. had trouble reading. Remember some thoughts...thinking the presenter on tv was actually talking to me like he/she was in the room...also remember a slight unsteadyness, like the room was tilting....it was crap. So i went to bed woke up feeling sober the next morning, slept ok. Felt a bit shiity for days tho', eyes were bloodshot for days too.

Same as the others have posted... I got days of being tired,confused, and a generally unpleaseant stoning.

I've tried this a few when I get totally desperate and every time has been a completely different experience. (30g each time)

On my first try, I felt nothing, on my second I felt really stoned but really restless, and on the third try I just got really sick to my stomach.

I think the nutmeg experience is so different each time (and most of the time not that great) that there's no way it could beat DXM or diphenhydrinate and alot of the other OTC regulars.

Hey, if your Abilify blocked cocaine, and it took close to 2g of ketamine and a beer to get you off, you'd resort to nutmeg too.

Not to mention that opiates don't even give me the same euphoria on Abilify anymore.

nutmeg is great if you grate a bit of it into your stewed spinach as it is supposed to be used. :p

Nutmeg actually does something to you? Are we talking the same nutmeg, the kind in the grocery aisle?

Supposedly if you want to "trip" off of nutmeg (yes, the same spice that McCormick sells in the grocery store) you need the fresh nut. Shave and ingest. The powder is said not to work.

blase deviant said:
Hey, if your Abilify blocked cocaine, and it took close to 2g of ketamine and a beer to get you off, you'd resort to nutmeg too.

no, i'd probably call it a day until i was in a better state of mental health.

i bought 2 whole nuts and kept them in my drawer for a few weeks before i threw them away. after reading the trip reports there was no way i was going to try this substance. it sounded like a two day trip to hell.

Worst drug ever. It might be fine at first, but eventually you will come down with some serious health problems. Nutmeg is a very good reason to legalize marijuana. If marijuana was legal people would not use and abuse nutmeg.

Read "health problems" under trip reports for nutmeg on Erowid. Nutmeg contains a deliriant (or at least it has something that acts like one at high doses). Other deliriants are benedryll, datura, henbane, and belladonna (deadly nightshade). Deliriants makes you feel funky because they are so toxic (it's like hallucinating from a high fever). That having been said, nutmeg isn't quite as bad as the other drugs mentioned above.

Nexus9 said:
Worst drug ever. It might be fine at first, but eventually you will come down with some serious health problems. Nutmeg is a very good reason to legalize marijuana. If marijuana was legal people would not use and abuse nutmeg.

Read "health problems" under trip reports for nutmeg on Erowid. Nutmeg contains a deliriant (or at least it has something that acts like one at high doses). Other deliriants are benedryll, datura, henbane, and belladonna (deadly nightshade). Deliriants makes you feel funky because they are so toxic (it's like hallucinating from a high fever). That having been said, nutmeg isn't quite as bad as the other drugs mentioned above.

Datura is insane and I hope no one on here tries it
And Ive never heard any good stories about nutmeg before
Leave it for the chef's

Nexus9 said:
Nutmeg is a very good reason to legalize marijuana. If marijuana was legal people would not use and abuse nutmeg.

why do you believe people would not take nutmeg if marijuana was legal?

jscript said:
why do you believe people would not take nutmeg if marijuana was legal?
Yeah. I took some nutmeg even that I had some weed. I just like to try some less known drugs, I find deliriants interesting, even that they aren't even funny.

I really enjoyed medium doses of nutmeg goes really well with some weed ,

its not something i would do often but woth a try if your bored