View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Nutmeg high

Sir_psycho

Bluelighter
How much nutmeg or nutmeg powder do I need to get a decent high (euphoria and visuals), I don't want to be delirious.

54Kg male

Erowid has a chart describing common user doses and reported effects. Expect to be extremely nauseous and or projectile vomiting. It taste nasty and it lingers in your mouth.

^ yeah dude, nutmeg is a horrible high - you will be delirious and ill.
just smoke some weed or something

Nutmeg sounds terrible. Even worse than those kids trying to get hih on benadryl. id advise just trying traditional hallucinegins if theyre available

You could buy a scale to get an accurate reading. Start low for your first time.
(BDD -------- > Psychedelic Drugs)

Nutmeg? You're already delirious for even thinking this is a good idea.

I have used nutmeg at lower doses in the past (when I was 19). I actually found it pretty enjoyable, I took maybe 2 or 3 grams of fresh-ground nuts and it made me feel light and mildly psychedelic for a whole day. Very peaceful, intense redness in the eyes, and a total inability to reach any sort of sexual arousal. It was enjoyable but not anything I wished to repeat after my few experiments. It lingered in the body a long time. As I understand it, it's pretty toxic, so I wouldn't recommend it.

I did this the other day. Had the pre-ground powder. Had about 3-5 tablespoons mixed in with milk. It takes ages to kick in so I did it before bed. I woke up in the morning feeling a light stone which lasted basically the whole day. Was actually really pleasant but many people report different experiences.

Oh...maybe about ten years ago I ate an entire bottle of ground nutmeg and was in a really bad way all night and the next day.

As a matter of fact. It was very surreal and almost as if I was drunk, high on THC, and on DXM all at the same time. I had the strangest dreams while I shook on the couch trying to stay warm. I woke up several times during the night afraid I had stopped breathing. Later, I decided to (bad idea, driving) head to work an hour early, leave a couple notes with my supervisors saying I'd come in early to catch up, started puking, and went home sick.

Interesting experience. Not exactly fun. But definitely out there.

nutmeg is really nice if you hiit the right dosage, one or two whole nuts is usually enough

to all the people who pooh pooh the idea: don't knock it til you try it

"The following information on dosage is based on my own experiences and on an analysis of 176 experience reports posted on-line at Erowid.org.

THRESHOLD (3-5 grams or 1-1.5 tsp) A threshold dose of nutmeg is marked by euphoria, relaxation, mood elevation, hilarity and enhancement of the senses. Baseline is around hour eighteen. Some people will not experience effects at this level.

LOW--MODERATE (6-10 grams or 1.5-3 tsp) A low-moderate dose of nutmeg will produce a more distinct effect than a threshold dose, and may cause visual distortions, closed-eye visuals, and auditory hallucinations. Short-term memory may become impaired and speech may become slightly slurred during the peak of a low-moderate dose.

MODERATE (11-15 grams or 1-1.5 Tbsp) A moderate dose of nutmeg can cause slurred speech, disorientation, and loss of coordination. Previously stated effects increase and the user may experience mild visual phenomenon.

MODERATE-HIGH (16-20 grams or 1.5-2 Tbsp) A moderate-high dose may produce a waking dream-like state. One individual sought emergency room services after ingesting 15-20 grams of nutmeg. The user reported experiencing trouble breathing, blackouts, delusions, and panic (Marquis 2006).

HIGH (20-25 grams or 2-2.5 Tbsp) A high dose may increase the perception of being in a dream world. Users may begin experiencing stomach pain"
(Nagano I. "Myristica fragrans: An Exploration of the Narcotic Spice". T, 2009)

Depends on the brand. I've tried nutmeg many times before. If its organic it should do the trick. 2-3 tablespoons will get you feeling like a marijuana buzz, a hit or two of good green. I've choked down a whole bottle of massed produced nutmeg brands before and nothing happened. It has to be organic.

The most I ever took was five and a half tablespoons spread throughout a three hour period. I was actually pretty damn high when it all kicked in. It felt like I"d had a few good bong bowls or smoked a blunt but it lasted twelve hours instead of only one or two. The downside is your eyes will be red for two days after. Eye drops don't work. They work on a weed trip but not a nutmeg trip. I actually enjoyed all the times I got it to work. Minimal anxiety, laughing at everything, and even munchies later on. Its not for everyone though so be careful.

When consuming nutmeg, how recently it was ground is what matters, as the myristicin is a volatile oil that will evaporate after a while. The organic brands were probably better quality and more recently ground. If you want to do nutmeg, you should get the whole nuts and grind them yourself.