View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Numerous Salvinorin A & B Containing Salvia Species Discovered In Europe

Tranced

Bluelight Crew
The report was released last year but I'm pretty sure it didn't get it's own thread here. Numerous species of salvia containing Salvinorin A & B have been discovered in Europe. These are pretty common species, including Turkish Cliff Sage.

It gives some background as to how and where divinorum came from, and greatly increases the range of environments in which active salvia species can be grown... including Northern Europe (good luck growing divinorum outdoors here)!

The interesting thing for me is why sage, which is now known to have active species in Europe, has a name like sage. I wonder if this was once known more widely? It could already be known locally, in areas of Turkey where recognita grows.

Anyone tried it yet? Or tried growing it? Apparently it grows in USDA zones 6-9.

Screening of Hallucinogenic Compounds and Genomic Characterisation of 40 Anatolian Salvia Species.

INTRODUCTION:

Salvia, an important and widely available member of Lamiaceae family. Although comparative analysis on secondary metabolites in several Salvia species from Turkey has been reported, their hallucinogenic chemicals have not been screened thoroughly.
OBJECTIVE:

This study provides LC-MS/MS analysis of 40 Salvia species for screening their psychoactive constituents of salvinorin A and salvinorin B. 5S-rRNA gene non-coding region of Salvia plants was sequenced, aligned and compared with that sequence of Salvia divinorum plant.
METHODOLOGY:

Targeted molecules of salvinorin A and salvinorin B were quantified, using LC-MS/MS, from all aerial parts of 40 Salvia species, collected from different parts of Turkey. Regions of 5S-rRNA gene from different species were amplified by polymerase chain reaction and DNA sequences were aligned with Salvia divinorum DNA sequences.
RESULTS:

Very few of the Salvia species (S. recognita, S. cryptantha and S. glutinosa) contained relatively high levels of salvinorin A (212.86 ? 20.46 μg/g, 51.50 ? 4.95 μg/g and 38.92 ? 3.74 μg/g, respectively). Salvinorin B was also found in Salvia species of S. potentillifolia, S. adenocaulon and S. cryptantha as 2351.99 ? 232.22 μg/g, 768.78 ? 75.90 μg/g and 402.24 ? 39.71 μg/g, respectively. The sequences of 5S-rRNA gene of 40 different Salvia species were presented and it was found that none of the Salvia species in Turkey had similar DNA sequence to Salvia divinorum plant.
CONCLUSION:

This is the first report of screening 40 Salvia species in Turkey according to their psychoactive constituents, salvinorin A and salvinorin B and their genomic structures. It is possible that some of these Salvia species may exhibit some psycho activity. Thus, they need to be screened further. Copyright ? 2017 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.

Link

yeah, that's fascinating.

i don't know how many varieties of sage there are - presumably lots if there are 40 different ones in turkey alone - but i wonder if any of the species that are cultivated and sold as herbs or decorative garden flowers contain any psychoactives.

Fascinating. Can we get a comparison of those quantities with Salvia divinorum?

If I could get my paws on some alpha salvinorine containing plants I would be so happy

If I could get my paws on some alpha salvinorine containing plants I would be so happy

I'd imagine it is now available in this way world wide. The warmer climates can grow s. divinorum and colder climates can grow s. recognita.

And you can just grow Salvia divinorum indoors, it's pretty easy. Join a message board with a marketplace where people are likely to hook you up.

Good to know solipsis

Honestly I wanted to ask where one could find s.divinorum seeds but I know sourcing isn't allowed here.

I have to find somewhere that ships to canada

Honestly I wanted to ask where one could find s.divinorum seeds .......

I think the seeds would be hard to come by anyway as SD is regarded to be primarily a cultigen, although some growers have managed to get very occasional flowering. I don't know if viable seeds were produced.

but I know sourcing isn't allowed here.

SD isn't illegal world-wide so I don't know if the sourcing rule applies (mods, you can edit this out if it is). If it's not illegal in Canada you could get the live plants shipped from somewhere where it is also not illegal.

Sourcing applies to pretty much everything that is technically a drug (even legal) and/or items illegal anywhere in the world. Things excluded are more like scales which are HR items and not grey area items or drugs themselves. The forum just isn't meant for trading or sourcing drugs and unfortunately SD is one besides being a plant - even if you just wanna grow it and not use it. The forum also isn't interested in keeping track of what is legal where and who trades what, in that way.

It's true that SD flowers very rarely and even more rarely produces viable seed, so it is traded as cuttings which can survive domestic mail under a lot of circumstances. Finding good seeds for trade would be incredibly hard. So I guess it's different with a number of other Salvia species like the turkish one. I saw its seeds being traded but I skipped cause I am not really that interested. Already have divinorum and my home is full enough of ethnobotanical plants if I wanna keep it a nice place to live rather than a jungle.

Just out of curiosity, are salvia divinorum difficult plants to grow? I assume it's not too hard to propagate a few cuttings for yourself.

Just out of curiosity, are salvia divinorum difficult plants to grow? I assume it's not too hard to propagate a few cuttings for yourself.

Dead easy. Good soil and reasonable care. If you know the basics of looking after flowers/plants then they'll thrive. Lots of good info on the web. If you love them they will transport you to amazing places. I suspect you know that already :)

Would LOVE to start growing S.divinorum, or one of the plants high in salvinorin-B (although salvinorin-B can be made from salvinorin-A.)

Both for an experiment or two with the MOM-ether, but benzoylation would be much more interesting, to produce herkinorin, a biased agonist at MOR (still has some affinity for KOR, but its far more active at Mu-opioid receptors than it is at kappa-ORs. Apparently induces neither beta-arrestin II recruitment or receptor internalization. It may not however, be centrally active, but more a peripherally active agent in people, based on some animal studies. These were however quite limited in that the dose administered was the limiting factor, because it is very poorly water soluible, and high doses couldn't be dissolved in suitable quantities of the solvent for administration. Might have been DMSO, another polar solvent. Although vaporization would be a much more applicable route of administration in people, given what we know about salvinorin-A, as a neoclerodane diterpene, and I should think it hard to get a monkey trained to use a vape pipe.

Not that I don't fucking DESPISE animal experimentation. Fucking sick fucks.